Tree of Savior Forum

Priest - Skill Point Allocation

Hey everyone!

So, the time has come for me to make a healer and I decided to go for a Chaplain build. However, I’m having a huge headache trying to decide what is the most optimal skill point allocation for priest. Everything seems so good!

I’ll go for a 2:1:1 INT:CON:SPR spread in stats, and intend to deal acceptable damage with Last Rites and Aspergillum as a Chaplain. I’ll most likely have a friend leveling with me, but I don’t want to relly 100% on him.

Currently, I’m torn between these two builds:

As a side note, I’m not decided on going Krivis at Rank 6, but I feel like Daino will be important, and Zaibas is nice as well. If I don’t go Krivis I’ll go Cleric c2, but only if I notice my healing is not enough. Not going Cleric c2 makes me feel like Mass Heal must be at 10…

Anyway, I’m all ears! Please note that my focus here is on the Priest point allocation, not necessarily with other classes. Thanks in advance!

having divine might might, heal 10 and cure 10 will be a better option than krivis. atleast thats how i feel

Yes, that is yet to be decided. However, as I said above, my focus here is on the Priest point allocation. The Rank 6 class is still a bit far away, I think it’ll be better if I can see how the class plays until I get there and see what I’m lacking.

However, allocating points as a Priest starts as early as lvl 20 and I can’t quite decide on what to do :sweat_smile:

yeah priest has too many skills. all i can say is divine might will ease you skill pts

Most people go for Cleric C2 lol. It doesn’t mean we all have to go for it. Damn dude. So, going for Krivis R6 doesn’t mean it’s wrong or it’s not worth. I’ve been thinking about going for Dievdirby to get -20% decrease cooldowns pretty much all the time. 10 more heal tile is not something to die for. For now, we have 7 ranks and we expect to have 10 ranks, it means we’ll probably have something else to give a try.

I’m a lvl177 chaplain, krivis on r6, lvl 5 heal(lvl6 since I’m using skill gem) and lvl 5 mass heal is enough for me, priest c3 is all about damage prevention with stoneskin and the life insurance of revive

daino is excellent and not having to spend for daino scrolls is another benefit, you don’t have to worry about buffs dropping with a wizard and archer on your party because buffs will drop when they cast reflect shield and swift step

Chaplain isn’t really a Heal class. It’s a DPS class. If you want to play Chaplain, a more “pure” form may be nicer.
First, yes Chaplain has like 7/8 Buff skills alone on all the time Daino will be necessary. If you do not have access to Daino, you will be over writing ur Buff’s all the time.
Second, Why INT? SPR scales with the Aspersion, which is what ur Aspergillum is based on. You will do much more dmg with ur Auto’s with SPR than INT. INT will only affect ur CURE/ZAIBAS… but you will do a lot more damage with Aspergillum than those at right level.
Third, Kabbalist goes VERY well with Chaplain, because the Ein Sol (Double HP) can trigger the 40% buff of Last Rights automatically. Something like below:

Build pretty much all SPR, with some CON (INT not needed), your HP will be doubled anyway from Ein Sol.
I put Krivis in there for the Daino… you have like 8 Buffs you be casting on people, they’ll need it and you will need it. But you could swap it for C2 if u like.
Pros:

• (Aspersion/Blessing/Sacrament) All Maxed (so ur Chaplain LastRights/Aspergillum/Capella all are using max level skills… so max damage for you and ur party.
  • With Sacramet/LastRights u and ur party members will be doing 3 hits per Auto, and Maxed Blessing will give +170dmg to each of those hits.
  • With Ein Sol, your Last Rights 40% buff is triggered almost all the time for free.
  • Since you’re going straight SPR, ur Stone Skin is fine at LvL 2. Will be enough Dodge. And Max DMG on Asperigillum.

Ur Full Party Buffs: (Aspersion/Blessing/Sacramet/StoneSkin) (LastRights) (Monstrance/Revive) (Revenge7Fold)
Ur Party Circles: SafetyZone / Aukuras / Zalciai / Cappella

• That’s 8 buffs and 4 circles you will be having on your party members… so I believe Daino is necessary. Most of the important ones are Max LvL buffs too.
  • Huge DPS Damage, when you have LastRights/Sacramet/Blessing/Aspergillum – 3 hits, all being Blessed, and Holy water splash dmg, with Ein sol kicking in ur 40% HP Lst Rights Buff too… If you are all SPR, you will do a lot of dmg with 1 auto… and you make ur Teammates share in most of these buffs too.

Cons: Hard early LvL’s until you get to Chaplain (particularly without Cure).

• Not much healing power… no P3 Mass Heal, and only LvL5 Heal.
  • Hard early game.

Again, Chaplain is a completely different monster, and if you are gonna go him, you need to really be a Buff DPS Priest with only a bit of heals. But if you do go Chaplain, this is more of a Pure Form for him, promoting Chaplain Buffs to Max potential (which still is a massive Party Buff Monster).

If you want a Full Healer Build, then C3/PD/Priest are the classes. Chaplain isn’t really a Healer Class, and is not needed.

1 Like

That’s great to know! Can you please share your build? As I said in the first post, choosing what to pick as a Priest has been the hardest part for me! If you could show me your skill choices I’m sure it’d help me greatly!

I thank you for the effort you put in your reply!

But I must mention that since Aspersion is a magic attack, it also scales from INT. Consequently, Aspergillum does as well. While Spirit helps a lot with Stone Skin, I feel like INT is better because it also increases my Heal and makes Zaibas and Inceneration alternate and viable sources of damage.

Your build seems very interesting for its playstyle, but I’m afraid on how it’ll fare at endgame content. Since you have to be in melee range all the time, maybe that’ll make you too vulnerable. I guess that SPR and CON help a lot in survivability, since you’ll have high magic and physical defense… Well, it’s a very interesting path, and one I may consider, but I also wanted to be able to heal my party effectively while also providing buffs and I feel like my class choices may accomplish that better.

sure, i’ll give you an overview but i want to save my in-depth explanation for when i decide to create a guide on my build.

Priest C1:
1 Monstrance
3 Blessing(max out attribute A.S.A.P)
1 Resurrection
(Save 10 skill points)

Priest C2:
right after class up with 11 points get:
5 Revive
5 Mass Heal
1 Sacrament
then…
5(+4) Resurrection
1 Aspersion
(Save 9 skill points)

Priest C3:
right after class up with 10 points get:
10(+5) Revive
5 Stoneskin
then dump the rest on Aspersion

this is my build and i’m sure a lot of people would raise an eyebrow looking at it but it has served me well and never felt insufficient

as long as you obtain an arde dagger everything would be a breeze, solo leveling was never a problem for me, and after getting aspergillum you would be in an area with high concentrations of enemies that are weak to holy element, it’s like a hot knife on butter

Thanks a lot, man! This will certainly help. But I have a few questions, hope you don’t mind answering them. So, from what I understand, you keept Sacrament at 1 and Blessing at 3, right? I for one can totally understand Blessing, but I’d think getting more points in Sacrament is important because of Last Rites. Which, by the way, I’m not sure I understand how it works.

How much benefit do you see from lvl 15 Aspersion compared to, say, lvl 10? I ask because that would allow the build to have Mass Heal at lvl 10, or Sacrament at lvl 6.

i’m currently in a quest to find out why with this small project:

but with what i know so far is this:
Sacrament only gives 3 increment in damage per level(that’s low imho)
Last Rites will give 3 more holy damage as the one sacrament give(with lvl 1 Sacrament that gives 12 Holy damage, Last Rites will give 15 *again this is based on my own observation that i would like to clarify with the data sourcing)
The HP Trigger for Last rites will give 20% more of the additional Holy Damage, So with lvl 1 Sacrament, Last Rites will give a base 15 Holy Damage, when the HP triggers the effect, it will go up to 18. Assuming I’m correct with the 20% bonus damage, a lvl10 Sacrament will give Last Rites 43 additional Holy Damage, when the HP triggers the effect, it will be 52(which is still low for 9 extra skill poitns)
:sweat_smile: i’m going a bit in-depth now, hahaha

For Aspersion:
i took it for the bonus defense, since i’m maxing Cloth mastery for Magic defense and Cloth armors have inherently low physical defense
with Stoneskin, you are almost invulnerable to physical damage, you must then watchout for the unblockable magic damages which is why i went for Cloth armors
it’s basically a personal preference and the points on Aspersion can go on other skills depending on your playstyle

Yea, Aspersion is a magic attack, so INT will affect ur MATK and thus increase that DMG (you do not use that skill often for dmg though). But Aspergillum is NOT Magic Attk, it’s a Magic Buff, that relies on Aspersion Level. I think when Aspergillum (Holy Attk) is added to ur autos, it’s not MATK anymore (thus not affected by INT), only scales on SPR from the Aspersion Dmg formula.

Yea, survivability comes from the bit of CON u add, and ur Ein Sol (double ur HP pretty much - from Kabbalist), so lots of survivability. Plus the P3 Buffs.

Yea that said, I was just letting you know Chaplain isn’t really a Heal Class. If you wanna go Heal (sounds like you do), there are other classes better suited, and would add a lot more to ur build, than the Chaplain DPS/buffs. Maybe a C3/P3/PD build, or C2/P3/K/PD. Pure Heal from all Classes added to the Build. Adding Chaplain would maybe allow u to solo low levels, but with such low ranks on ur Buffs (cuz you lvl heals presumably), you wouldn’t be doing dmg late game anyway. Going INT, getting max Cure/Zaibas, and getting a different class other than Chaplain would be just as effective, LvL15 Cure with INT builds and Blessing is insane dmg.

I’ve done testing on my chaplain and aspersion from Aspergillum is indeed magic and is based on aspersion itself, attributes included, the damage from aspersion will be the same damage from aspergillum

it is even recorded in the monster achievement as aspersion if you kill a mob with auto attack with Aspergillum on

edit: but note that the aspersion damage will not apply if the actual hit misses

Ah kk, Aspergillum is a MAGIC BUFF (not atk), but yea Aspersion is MATK, I agree. If it’s physically casting Aspersion, then INT will affect it then. Not too sure if SPR or INT would affect it more though?

spr :con build

Point for point, INT would affect it more, but not that much, since INT will gain rank bonus(10% per rank) that would translate to more MATK damage, but INT:MATK ratio is 1:1

so at rank 7 with the bonus to INT, 1 point that is allocated in INT would only translate to 1.77 MATK,

1 point on SPR on the other hand will give you

• 13 SP
  • 1 SP recovery
  • 1 Block penetration
  • 0.2 Magic Defense
  • Along with 1 Additional damage to Aspersion/Aspergillum

this is why i prefer SPR more on Chaplain than INT for my build

p.s. and if you’re a SPR build, never will you drink a single sp potion ever again