Tree of Savior Forum

Premium Hairstyles -- Tradeable via Market / Player to Player

Ahhh, hair. The title is the TL;DR

I’d like to talk about premium hairstyles and their marketability and overall investment. At nearly 200 TP, it’s a big purchase. About $20US, if I remember correctly. Yes, a large investment, and a purely cosmetic one, unlike pets. But what happens when the style you love just becomes another bad hair day? Nothing. It just sits there. It has no future. Personally, I don’t like that kind of investment, and I don’t think I will be purchasing one myself any time soon. And I feel there are many people who think the same way.

I would love to be able to trade premium hair. I do not own any myself, and am interested in such. I think many people would be, and I do think there are many people who would like to pass on their lucky wigs for something new. Many more people would have snazzy new 'dos if they were marketable!

I’m trying to think of pros and cons to this. We already have marketable premium items. Hair has not carried over, however, unlike just about everything else. It is not locked to a character like dyes. It is completely cosmetic, ignoring that you are absolutely fabulous, which is pretty game breaking. It opens up the venue for those who cannot/are not willing to make the investment, and those who can and already have to do something with it and give it more value if they no longer want it. Overall, I believe it would lead to more purchases of hairstyles.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thank you for your time! :smiley:

Edit: And why not contacts, as well? What else goes with fake hair besides fake eyes!

25 Likes

I agree, costumes cost just as much (if not more) if you buy them via the medal exchange and they can be sold on the market.

That and I already own two 198 TP hairstyles and I’d actually like to get another but don’t really want to fork over 20$ for a third… I need my own hair cut this time.

3 Likes

I don’t even know why you cant already :confused:

you can with clothes, why not the wig too :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Yeah besides token, hairstyle’s the only premium item I would buy on market.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies so far, everyone!

Totally love this idea!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really surprised it wasn’t done when the other things became trade-able.

thinlyveiledbump

I’d like to see hairs for sale in the market too.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to tell anyone you know in-game about this thread, who may be interested. The more visibility, the better!

1 Like

I definitely support the idea :smiley:
Gotta luv those beautiful cosmetics, and everybody should be able to look fabulous without needing to use real money @3@
(I already bought some myself during the sale, but there’s sooooo many of them, I can’t keep ip up with real money tho >.>)
And even if people would sell for lots of millions I think it would be awesome to buy Hair & Lens with silver >:3

1 Like

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Yuri

I apologize for the pings to all of you, I’m not sure who the most appropriate staff member to call would be! I’m curious about the thoughts on this topic; I do believe this has quite a lot of support, especially considering the lower volume of this section of the forum. I’m sorry if it is rude to ping you here :frowning:

1 Like

Nice idea! I would love to share my hair style between my accounts!

Yea, those hair&eyes premium should be tradable, cus both of it i cant change my gender. It can cause gender swich is useless skills for miko class

That’s another good point! Gender Changing could become more prolific, which would be nice for plastic surgeons oracles!

At the moment, oracle shops really only see business from folks trying to make a kannushi, and that was a short-term market for the most part, right when miko dropped into iToS.

Indeed. A flowing market of cosmetics (and an increase of quality items for both genders) would do well for the feature, I think. They would also do good in improving the gender change interface (like showing other costumes with gender differences, e.g. female krivis versus male krivis, rather than base class only). But that’s another subject!

Keep the support coming, everyone!

Wish IMC would implement this, have all premium hairstyles to give away.

1 Like

This is still desperately needed! I’ve been on a long hiatus, but I did see something in the loading screens with a barber shop/salon. Are there any actual plans with that, which are known? The suggestion still stands!

Yes, it is mentioned in the following page that a barber shop is on the way:

Look at the Q&A #4