Tree of Savior Forum

Post-balance patch general balance suggestions

So, after some time with the latest patch I think I’m comfortable in addressing what I think are some remaining problems as well as some new problems involving how some classes fit in to the new system, as well as some general thoughts on how some things should be working with the new mechanics like skill attack speed and modified crit rate etc. I’ll start with the general stuff:

Attack Speed

Add attack speed scaling to the following skills:

Thrust
Heavy Shot
Stone Shot
Butterfly
Bounce Shot
Sapper setting up traps, maybe?
Cleave
Stomping Kick
Seism
Giant Swing
Stabbing
Pierce
Spear Throw
Montano
Shooting Star
Pistol Shot
Double Weapon Assault
Deadly Combo
All Doppel’s multihits except Cyclone
Lunge
Esquive Toucher
Flash
Serpentine
Dragon Soar
Skarphuggning
Stormbolt

Critical Chance

Add a bonus critical chance attribute to the following skills:

Carve - 50% bonus critical chance against plant-types.
Skull Swing - Debuff increases critical chance for the caster only against large/boss enemies by 20/30%.
Cloaking - 20% bonus crit chance for 3 seconds after leaving cloak, requires C2 Scout.
Smite - 50% bonus critical chance against enemies debuffed by Conviction.
Deadly Combo - 35% bonus critical chance
Flanconnade - When an attack is successfully blocked, gain 25% bonus crit chance against the blocked enemy on your next Pierce attack.
Sept Etoiles - 25% bonus crit chance
Flash - 35% bonus crit chance
Mortal Slash - 35% bonus crit chance
Headshot - 25% bonus crit chance, Musketeer C2 required
Snipe - 25% bonus crit chance, Musketeer C2 required

Overheat/CD

Change the following skills’ overheat/CD:

Swordsman:

Double Slash 3OH/21CD -> 3OH/15CD
Synchro Thrust 2OH/15CD -> 3OH/15CD
Pierce 1OH/30CD -> 2OH/20CD
Stomping Kick 3OH/36CD -> 3OH/20CD
Seism 2OH/18CD -> 3OH/15CD
Hexen Dropper 2OH/28CD -> 3OH/20CD
Flash 3OH/42CD -> 3OH/30CD
Mortal Slash 1OH/38CD -> 2OH/25CD

Archer:

Twin Arrow 5OH/7CD -> 5OH/10CD, slightly increased damage
Bounce Shot 2OH/15CD -> 3OH/10CD
Spiral Arrow 2OH/38CD -> 3OH/25CD
Stake Stockades 2OH/35CD -> 3OH/30CD; C2 attribute +1 OH; C3 attribute +1 OH
Conceal 1OH/20CD -> 3OH/20CD
Backstab 2OH/10CD -> 5OH/10CD
Bayonet Thrust 1OH/9CD -> 3OH/10CD
Spread Shot 3OH/36CD -> 3OH/25CD
Triple Arrow 2OH/30CD -> 3OH/25CD
Homing Arrow 2OH/33CD -> 2OH/20CD

Wizard:

Energy Bolt 3OH/9CD -> 5OH/10CD
Flare 3OH/30CD -> 4OH/20CD
Fireball 2OH/9CD -> 3OH/10CD
Ice Bolt 3OH/15CD -> 5OH/15CD
Joint Penalty 1OH/22CD -> 2OH/25CD
Hangman’s Knot 1OH/15CD -> 2OH/20CD
Electrocute 1OH/33CD -> 2OH/30CD
Freezing Sphere 3OH/30CD -> 5OH/20CD
Desmodus 1OH/25CD -> 2OH/20CD
Alchemistic Missile 3OH/18CD -> 5OH/20CD

Cleric:

Zaibas 2OH/30CD -> 3OH/20CD
Smite 2OH/9CD -> 5OH/10CD
Turn Undead 2OH/70CD -> 3OH/40CD

Stats/Misc

HP/SP recovery time base value stays at 20, but CON and SPR reduce the base value by 1 second per 20 points invested, down to a minimum of 10 (200 CON/SPR). Sitting reduces recovery time by 50% of its current value.

Bonus damage stats on weapons and subweapons changed to a scaling value instead of flat; for example:

Most 1H spears deal +10% damage vs. Medium and +20% damage vs. Large enemies.

Karacha Dagger deals +10% damage vs. Medium enemies and adds 20% of weapon attack as bonus fire property attack.

Sacment deals -10% vs. plate, -20% vs. cloth and +50% vs. leather.

Etc.

Now, about some specific classes/builds: some of these are general ideas about classes, skills or attributes that were already weak and weren’t helped much by the patch, some are just ideas for tweaking builds to make more paths viable, some are things that are just overshadowed now that other classes are stronger in comparison. Some of it is just skills that I find are really boring or pointless and in need of changes to make them worth it.

Higher level classes I didn’t really assess much because we’ve only got 1 or 2 circles available, with the exception of Templar because IMC is planning to make big changes to the class anyway. Some classes I also think may be underperforming still, but because they were just radically changed I think it’s worth giving people time to adjust, because they might just need small changes. Anyway, on to my ideas:

Ranger

High Anchoring: Increases damage taken by (5 + skill level)% for 5 seconds. C1 attribute removes knockback. C2 attribute reduces AoE defense of enemies hit by 1.

Time Bomb Arrow: Attaches a time bomb to the target that explodes after 3 seconds, dealing AoE damage equal to how much damage the target took in that 3 seconds. Damage is capped at (600 + 50 x skill level)% If the target dies before, the bomb explodes early and final damage is increased by 25%.

Highlander

Crit attack attribute works with 2H spears as well as 2H swords.

Cartar Stroke: Maximum casting time is 2 second at all levels, damage is increased up to 200% at full charge. C3 attribute releases a shockwave that deals 2 additional hits and spreads to enemies further away when fully charged (Requires level 15 Cartar Stroke, doubles SP cost).

Crossguard: Usable with 2H spears as well as 2H swords

Peltasta

Swashbuckling: In PVP, effected enemies deal 50% less damage when attacking your allies. Debuff is removed after attacking the Peltasta (4 + skill level) times.

Shield Lob: Struck enemies take 30% more damage from shield attacks for 6 seconds.

High Guard: Duration = 25 + 5x skill level

Krivis

Aukuras: HP recovery bonus scales with SPR, reduces HP recovery time by 50% instead of a flat value (I.E. 10 seconds if base HP recovery = 20, 5 seconds if base HP recovery = 10).

Divine Stigma: From 1OH/36CD to 3OH/15CD, base buff power reduced, buff now scales with SPR. Multiple instances of the buff stack. C2 attribute increases lightning damage received by enemies effected by Stigma by 30%.

Pyro

Staff Mastery: Fire - Attribute changed from +3 per attribute level to 50% of INT added as additional fire property attack, max level of 1.

Fire Wall: Increased Fire Property Buff - Attribute changed from +5 per attribute level to 5% of INT per level added as additional fire property attack to allies that touch the fire wall, max level of 5.

Cryo

Rod Master: Ice - Attribute changed from +3 per attribute level to 50% of INT added as additional ice property attack, max level of 1.

Gust: Collision Damage - New C2 attribute that causes enemies pushed by Gust to take 50% bonus damage if they collide with your Ice Wall, also causes the Ice Wall to fire shards in the direction of the colliding enemy.

Hunter

Rush Dog: C1 attribute makes it usable while mounted, but cooldown increases to 15 seconds.

Praise: C1 attribute makes it usable while mounted, buffing your own stats.

Linker

Spiritual Chain: C2/C3 attribute increases buff limit of linked allies by 2/4.

Lifeline: C3 attribute increases linked allies’ stats by 20%.

Rodelero

Shield Charge: Hits every .4 seconds instead of .5. C1 attribute removes knockback, enemies are still knocked down. C2 attribute increases maximum duration to 10 seconds but increases stamina drain. C3 attribute increases movement speed by 5 during Shield Charge.

Shield Push: Defense reduction changed to 9% + 1% per skill level. C3 attribute increases defense reduction by another 5%.

Scout

Flu Flu: Effected enemies completely ignore aggro generation from players and are forced to attack eachother. Duration from 8 + .2 per level to 7.5 + .5 per level. Max targets from 5 (10 with attribute) to 8 (13 with attribute). Cooldown from 61 to 40.

Perspective Distortion: No longer has to be channeled to maintain the effect.

Scan: Scanned enemies have their evasion, critical resistance and block reduced to 0 for the duration.

Paladin

Blunt Mastery: Holy Hammer - new attribute that adds bonus bonus holy property damage equal to your SPR when equipped with a blunt weapon.

Smite: Damage changed from Physical - Strike to Physical - Lightning.

Restoration: Scales with the caster’s SPR and CON, reduces HP recovery time by 50%.

Resist Elements: Scales with the caster’s SPR and CON. C2/C3 attribute increases duration by 20/40.

Turn Undead: Damage changed from Magical - Holy to Physical - Holy.

Conversion: C3 attribute adds bonus elemental damage to converted monsters, based on the caster’s SPR and STR, and increases damage dealt by converted monsters by 50% when attacking an enemy afflicted with Conviction.

Barrier: Buff scales with SPR and CON.

Conviction: Damage changed from Physical - Strike to Physical - Holy. C3 attribute reduces Holy resistance. Debuff scales with the caster’s SPR and STR.

Elementalist

Ice Property: Slow attribute changed to Ice Property: Shatter - When frozen enemies are defeated they shatter, firing a ring of shards that pierce through enemies and slow them on hit, deal 150% of your magic attack in damage.

Fire Property: Explosion attribute explosion chance changed from 30% to 50%, damage from 80% magic attack to 150%.

Elemental Mastery: Frostburn - New attribute that increases fire damage by 50% against frozen enemies and ice damage by 50% against burning enemies. Requires Cryo C2, Pyro C2 and Elementalist C2.

Squire

Refreshment Table: Soup/Yogurt reduces HP/SP recovery time by 5% per skill level rather than a flat value.

Penalty Reduction replaced with Field Reinforcement: Immediately repairs 2 per level durability on party’s equipment, temporarily increases enhancement value of weapons, armor and shields by 1 + .5 per level, and increases SP/HP recovery by 100 + 30 per level (scales with CON). 300 second cooldown and duration.

Rogue

Vendetta: No longer charged, can be used while mounted. Changed from 1OH/30CD to 3OH/15CD, places a 5 second debuff that increases damage dealt to the target from behind by 40%. Increases crit attack of you and your party if the target dies while debuffed, bonus crit attack scales with caster’s STR and DEX and multiple instances of the buff stack.

Feint: Usable while mounted.

Burrow: Moved to C2. Now targets an area when cast, burrowing underground and tunneling to that position. Casting again resurfaces and does damage to nearby enemies. Cooldown from 35 to 10.

Lachrymator: Moved to C3. Usable while mounted. AoE increased by 50%, duration 12 + 3 seconds per level. Enemies inside the smoke are blinded, allies inside the smoke are invisible.

Evasion: Renamed Sprint, moved to C3. Increases movement speed by 15 and avoids missile and magic attacks while moving for 3 + skill level seconds. 20 second cooldown. Drains stamina.

Corsair

Jolly Roger: Changed from 1OH/35CD to 2OH/30CD, duration from 35 to 75 + 15 per level. Jolly Roger activates a combo when you defeat enemies with the buff. Combo resets after 60 seconds of not killing an enemy. Maximum combo is 25 + 5 per level.

Jolly Roger aura benefits:
Increases movement speed by 0.5 per 5 combo levels.
Reduces stamina usage by 1% per combo level
Reduces HP and SP recovery time by 3% per 5 combo levels.
At maximum combo, activates Fever for 1 second per combo level.

Fever benefits:
Immediately refreshes party’s cooldowns.
Doubles Pillaging chance.
+1% bonus damage per 5 combo levels.
+2% bonus silver gains per 5 combo levels.
1% chance of receiving a bonus drop from defeated enemies per 5 combo levels.
Combo is reset to 0 when Fever ends.

C2/C3 Jolly Roger attribute: Increases Fever duration by 20/40 seconds, requires level 10/15 Jolly Roger.

Unlock Chest: Removed, replaced with Unlock Cube C2 attribute: increases maximum reroll count of cubes by +1 and reduces cost of rerolling cubes by 20%.

Double Weapon Assault: Automatically adds a secondary weapon attack after all basic attacks. Cooldown/Duration set to 50, increases secondary weapon attack by 5% per level and attack speed by 1% per level.

Necromancer

Summons will now decay over time, becoming weaker until they eventually crumble to dust.

Create Shoggoth: Cooldown reduced to 60 seconds.

Dirty Pole: Taunts enemies, forcing them to attack it for 10 seconds when summoned. Taunt effects 5 + skill level enemies. Dirty Pole takes 1 damage per attack and its maximum health increases with skill level.

Raise Dead: Skeleton warriors enter a Frenzy when summoned, gaining greatly increased movement and attack speed for 10 seconds.

Raise Skull Archer: Skull archers gain Precision when summoned, gaining increased damage and critical chance for 10 seconds.

Corpse Tower: The corpse tower gains Empowered attacks when summoned, firing explosive blasts of dark energy that deal AoE damage for 10 seconds.

Flesh Cannon: When your Shoggoth is in the Flesh Cannon’s area of effect, it will feed off of the corpses, gaining Flesh stacks that increase its health, defense and size for every hit of Flesh Cannon. This effect can stack up to 30 times.

Flesh Strike: When your Shoggoth is detonated by Flesh Strike, the damage from the explosion is increased by 5% for every Flesh stack and you recover 1 corpse for every stack.

Putrefaction: New C2 skill, 2 Overheat, 20 second cooldown, consumes 10 corpses. Target an area to deal damage to enemies and rejuvenate your summons in the area: restores their health, resets their decay timers and activates their summoned ability (Taunt, Frenzy, Precision, Empower). Summons also gain additional damage equal to 3% of your magic attack per skill level for 10 seconds.

Templar

New attribute - Craft Warp Scroll: Allows you to craft Guild Tower Warp Scrolls which teleport you to your Guild Tower. Requires 1 Talt to craft 5 scrolls.

Summon Guild Member -> Summon Party: Summons your party to your location. Max level of 1, cooldown of 10 minutes.

Warp to Guild Member -> Warp to Party Member: Warps to a member of your party. Max level of 1, cooldown of 10 minutes.

Battle Orders: Increases STR and INT based on the Templar’s STR.

New C1 skill - Marching Orders: Increases movement speed by 1 + .5 per level, stamina regeneration and maximum stamina based on the Templar’s CON.

Buff Share: Changed to normal buff, 60sec duration/cooldown, increases buff limit by 1 per level rather than completely ignoring.

Shield Charger: Removed

Forge: Activate the forge to gain a 2 hour 20% attack/mattack buff. Forges recharge every 4 hours. Max 1 forge per skill level. C2 attribute Shield Charger adds a Shield Charger to the forge, granting a shield buff equal to 50% of your max health.

And that’s all I’ve got. That took a while to type up, but I hope it triggers some discussion at least - or maybe even inspires IMC towards some further changes to the game, though I’m not holding my breath considering their track record regarding balance feedback in the past.

13 Likes

Seriously, congratulations on the suggestions. That’d pretty much make all classes a lot more fluid to play and to build with.

I just hope these suggestions get taken into consideration somehow. @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan

Wow @SlyGoat such a work, well done. Maybe a little off topic, but i want to add monsters in general should hit harder or rework the defense because doesn’t matter your armor, regular monsters nerver hits beyond 500 and bosses beyond 1k. Besides et there is no challenge, the game has become kinda trivial

I see what you’re saying here, and I find this to be mostly true.

I actually have died (even as a cleric class) in higher-level content after these changes, simply because I was attempting to ignore everything and just move through the map quickly, and I was being mobbed and bombarded with targeted ranged attacks. I’ve almost died while actually fighting things–I can’t imagine playing a non-healing class at higher levels. I imagine there’s a lot of potion-chugging involved.

Right now, for a filthy casual like me, I appreciate the changes–it was very frustrating dealing with monsters that have enormous HP pools and can also 1-shot you to death. Now not only to monsters have manageable HP pools that are actually reasonable to chip through, but they also don’t hit you so hard that your first born child feels it. Yet they hit hard enough that I can’t just ignore them entirely. I think that’s a good balance.

I also have exactly 0 higher-tier equipment. :smiley: So if you’re looking for more of a challenge, you can always unequip some stuff or try out some equipment for fun. If what really matters to you is more challenging gameplay, there are always ways to make the game more challenging for yourself!

1 Like

Was thinking the same that debuffs need to be attack speed based for more efficient use of glassmoles.

Why did you create a new thread and not post it in the following:

The forum get spammed by all these threads more and more. You (collective) people are complaining about the incompetence of IMC, but the forum shows how incompetent in self-managing of the community.

I didn’t read everything in detail, but I read your idea of the Rogue’s skill Vendetta. Why do you think your idea of Vendetta is more fitting than the current version. What is your idea of a Rogue class, becauce you must have an idea of a Rogue class before having ideas for skills. Why do you think Rogue needs your Sprint skill and not the Evasion skill. Do you think your Sprint skill is overpowered or not?

1 Like

give me an attribute to keep the knockback, it is the skills only use in PVP.

Wrong section?

But not Ice Blast? :cry:
I approve of any change that allows me to used lightning skills more often :3
Spears already get attributes for additional damage versus certain enemy sizes I don’t think they also need extra crit attack. Cross Guard still scales with STR or do you mean blocking in general?
Not a fan of turning Paladin into pure physical attacker either (Think of the INT Paladins).

All in all some cool ideas. :slight_smile:

No love for Spike shooter from the sapper? That thing have 100 seconds cooldown for bad damage…

And that Jolly Roger is so OP, at least take off the Cooldown part or it will make Chronomancer C3 Pass useless. And in the way that is worded, is way better to take only one level of it, only for the cooldown refresh, because fever ending early + smaller maximum combo = another cooldown refreshing way faster. This would centralize the swordman tree in at least one rank in corsair.

Thank you, lonesader. I will transcribe posts from this thread into the appropriate thread.

This is IMO a content issue moreso than balance. Previously it was unreasonable for a lot of classes to be able to even solo high level quests. That was a bad baseline difficulty. Now that they changed it so you can easily solo in fields, it’s just exposed the fact that other content isn’t that much more difficult than normal fields.

Because this isn’t class feedback.

Vendetta is thematically terrible and also very weak, not to mention boring. Nobody puts a single point into this skill.

I thought my changes to Rogue skills made my idea of the rogue class pretty clear. Changing burrow, evasion and lachrymator to give the class more evasion and mobility, so that you can actually get behind enemies for backstabs. What synergy or theme do the current rogue skills have? It’s just random ■■■■ thrown together, honestly. You can’t even use rogue skills while burrowed.

Woops, must’ve missed that in editing.

Ice Blast got its new perk of hitting ice walls. I know they nerfed it because it was just oneshotting everything before, but it still seems pretty good to me. Flare is still just bad IMO.

The Hoplite build is still very strong, though. You get Finestra and Spear Lunge which are both great damage enhancers for a spear build. Giving the crit attack and crossguard to 2H spears as well as 2H swords just adds another build path for 2H spears since right now they really only have two depending on whether you want a mount or not. I just don’t like how straightforward Swordsman builds are in general, though, with all of their forced weapon synergy.

I didn’t realize it still scaled with STR. I just saw they removed that bit from the tooltip and it seemed a very IMC thing to do.

What does INT Paladin really have anyway? IMO splitting Paladin skills just makes Paladin bad at two things. Three if you consider most of their skills are still support.

TBH I don’t know how sapper is going to be in PVP in the future since we have yet to see actual PVP balance. Their traps could end up really strong. I don’t think something like spike shooter should ever really be considered a PVE skill, but that’s fine IMO.

Yeah maybe that was excessive. I just like the idea of hitting maximum combo feeling instantly gratifying. Maybe just 1 second off cooldown reduction per level or something.

Oh, good point.

Stop acting like a forum mod or something like that, i have seen you do this in several threads. I have a notice for u: NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT YOU THINK.

If the idea of Vendetta was to pick off a specific enemy and then go Beast mode on whatever remains with the buff.
I think they could’ve just given a % physical Damage increase.

I also don’t see a problem with just updating the Burrow Skill list and changing it from Crit Rate (which Sneak Hit already does) to Crit damage which then makes it worth with…sneak hit instead of becoming redundant.

IF IMC wants to rework things sure w/e but other then that might as well let the skills stick to what they already do and try to make them better at their job.

E.G. Ranger AoE is actually kinda poop overall despite being an aoe class so the Overheat suggestion for Bounce Shot is really good.
Also do so many skills really need Dex synergy?
The way it is looking in the long term just as before when gear gets good enough, Dex takes over primarily and I doubt we’re going to see much more big stat revision updates.

I also like Perspective Distortion on my Scout I just think its wonky. The range is complete ass. It also could due with the same “can’t interrupt” deal that Sadhu’s possession got.

Totally agree that Flu Flu’s cooldown is way to damn high.
That Scan suggestion is cool as well.

I disagree with the HP/SP recov thing, it’s straight weird.
You’re also devaluing high level aukuras scrolls as if pardoner 3’s need less incentive to exist due to the fixed 50% recov

I think overall higher HP/SP recovery actually adds more value to Aukuras etc., right now it’s just a retarded situation like armor was before where HP/SP recovery is generally ■■■■ but if you can reduce it down to 1 second recovery it becomes OP.

I just don’t think Rogue does its job, or really has a job it’s supposed to do. It’s just Sneak Hit: The Class ATM. Nothing about it except Sneak Hit and Backstab is really roguelike.

I think the job is to pick off a lone target.
There’s a general theme of attacking from the back, you get bonuses for doing so. Attacking from the back generally also means you aren’t the first to engage.
Burrow keeps you hidden, Lachrymator disables.
Vendetta straight gives you a boost on kill which is only relevant assuming there would be enemies remaining after you get this kill plus backstabs stun.
It’s a ganking class.

Although the class description also says that they’re ganking enemies. So I suppose I’m just being verbose.
I feel like a class should fit the description they gave it, and if it doesn’t perform that then they goofed.

Now if you charge straight up to an enemy regardless they give you some love via Feints attribute but that is short lived. This helps Ranger particularly given that out of Ranger 3, Archer 3 and Quarrel 3 Ranger is the least mobile in combat (low level swift step, no running shot) to access an opponents back.

There are really only the two backstabbing skills. The class also gives you no tools except the Feint attribute for getting into position for your backstab, not to mention for escaping after a backstab (if considering PVP).

Burrow is directly obtrusive to getting a backstab because you can’t move at all while burrowed. I suppose you could say you’re meant to lie in wait and get a backstab by someone running past you but for an entire C3 to be dedicated to that is quite asinine. You could just go one circle of Scout for the infinitely superior Cloak in that case. Burrow is really just a gimmick skill for turning you into an invisible, immobile arrow turret and seems very much in opposition to the theme of a rogue. Hence, the burrow change to make it an actual positioning skill.

Evasion is just a strange skill that solely makes you more tanky against physical attacks for decent duration but on a long cooldown. It’s at once very simplistic/boring and very odd in what purpose it’s meant to fill. I can’t really think of any reason to be a little bit tankier some of the time. A build generally wants to be a little bit tankier all of the time (damage soaking class), or a lot tankier some of the time (fragile class with an emergency mechanic). That’s my motivation for changing evasion to a brief panic button.

Vendetta is just straight up bad and to make it good would mean making it OP. There are already too many things that can just oneshot you in PVP, and that’s what you’d need to do to Vendetta for it to be useful at all. It’s also not really thematic, since it’s just a charged up nuke. You don’t need to do anything roguelike to use it, you just charge it and fire it at something. It doesn’t even make sense as a skill that has to land the killing blow, because you have to charge it. It’s either going to do very little damage (useless, as it is now) or a ton of damage (would be useful, but also just mean Rogues run around oneshotting people without having to backstab or anything). Hence why I suggest making it another skill that emphasizes backstabbing, making the skill stronger without just making it an OP nuke with no finesse required, and at the same time maintaining the buff from getting kills - which I do like, since it’s a kind of snowball idea that means getting a kill helps you get more kills.

More specifically, in 3V3 TBL (the format they’ll focus on when they update PVP) Rogue should theoretically shine already (if their kit wasn’t just weak) because being good at taking out one person matters more with only 3 people to kill. But in guild battles, Rogue would need more tools to get kills without just dying in the process, and also being useful for more than just one kill since guild battles are pretty much dominated by AoE spam. Having a skill like Sprint means that you aren’t totally safe because you can still be hit with melee or AoE attacks, but after you get in and backstab someone it gives you a chance to run out again without dying. This is also why I like the idea of making Vendetta an overheat skill so that the buff can be stacked, because a stackable Vendetta means you get to keep snowballing after your first kill and contribute more to the overall fight, even if you can’t put out as much damage as the AoE classes.

I would, however, revise my sprint suggestion and add that dealing damage would cause it to end, like Cloaking.

we the summoner ( sorcerer and necromancer ) community crying because of low pet dmg :frowning: can you pls put that in too ? ( sry for my bad english ) :innocent:

Burrow works directly to the theme of ambushing/ganking an opponent. Backstab as a mechanic is just a means of them accomplishing that theme as is Burrows Stealth.
Rogue has issues, part of them being well even given the skills themes work conceptually they are weak or awkwardly implemented and so fail in practice. Basically the first 4 ranks offer opportunities to get your mobility up via running Shot, swift step, cloak and camouflage. There’s also CC to consider and the role of teammates in any game format. Even when you don’t make those picks (ranger) they implement a mechanic to cut you some slack (feint + Barrage).

I’d like to rewind though. To the point of what the role is of Rogues, we know what it is, we know what it’s thematically supposed to do, or represent. We also know it falls short of this to say the least. I don’t think your suggestions miss the mark on this other than you repurposed Burrowing entirely and moved up Evasion + Lachrymator. With a fair amount of suggestions particularly being about creating Hackapelle synergy.
5OH also makes backstab a fairly ridiculous stun lock without that getting taken out or reduced.

See my post in the new PVP balance thread. Stun locks are entirely their own issue, Backstab with 5 OH would be no different than Restrain or Cryo freeze spam or etc.

1 Like

props for the hard work and effort bro …, dayum you got me reading too much i missed my turn and got off the next bus stop ye fml.