Tree of Savior Forum

Posible Solution to game don't crash

Some days ago i get a problem that when i log in a char my game crash

I had tried some things that support toldme

NOT WORK FOR ME
1.-Kindly try to delete the ‘user.xml’ and ‘user_c.xml’ files in the Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release folder and try to relaunch Tree of Savior from Steam.
Also, please try deleting the tempfiles that can be found here Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release.

NOT WORK FOR ME
2.- Uninstall the game by steam and reinstall

THIS THING WORK FOR ME
So i dowload a program in my case “Iobit unistaller” To full delete the game all archives(It will delete you keyboard setting) All your files from ToS

My conclusion its: A file that dont get deleted when you uninstall the game its broken and it make the game crash i think that could be some of this ones

WARNIG: Not sure if its some of thoose ones because i full uninstall the game and reinstall but yeah a file its broken but to be honest not sure wich one its

Guess that some one need to unisntall the game with steam then check the files than don’t get deleted with it and if some of them.

So if you only one to try deleting the files that i put in the picture make a back up becaue not sure if “Verify game” by steam will replace thoose files

Currently i can play but the ch still crash but the game dont crash only sendme to character selecction

By the way my game still crash when i go to guild info “Alt+g” but its the only problem that i got

Hope to help and some one can check whats its damage file :3

PD: I had send this things to IMC by support not sure if it help or not but in my situation it was the solution

:satisfaction:

1 Like

You can’t fix channel crashes, it’s a problem on the server-side, not client.

So until IMC fix (if they can fix it), the crashes stay.

This solution are for the errors of client… the actual problem are the server/channel’s crash, and this don’t depend of client. But are a solution for client fails.

Spanish:

Esta es la solución para los errores del cliente… el problema actual son las Caídas del servidor o canales, y esto no depende del cliente. Pero es la solución para los fallos del cliente.

Yah this solution as i told u its only for the game dont crash, the drop of ch its other thing i had the problem that each time that a ch drop mi client drop too

same happens to me bro one day wasted because of the issue well i hope after i get home from work today things are FIX

@7Night
Our dev team are currently working on server instability.
We are currently looking into this issue and we will update this announcement once we obtain more details about the errors reported.

@STAFF_Amy this workaround is for the usual Client crash, not the ongoing server crashing.

@7Night There are actually several files left when unistalling via steam, that you can see when you go to your old game folder after an uninstall . Also the usual registry entries, but programs like CCleaner that are also very user fiendly can help.

Yet, yeah it does work. There are also been issues with some Windows 10 background processes ( iirc something related to XBox, i dont have win10) and some Antivirus/Antimalware blocking certain game files. Its a nice workaround you got there =3.