Tree of Savior Forum

Pokemon Sun/Moon hype

I didn’t see anything wrong with the subtle “romance” in the game, it’s better than “I am a lone wolf kid who wants to be a champion” cliche in almost every game. I think the 6th gen games are easier due to the exp share changes, multiplying the exp gained (spreading to all mons). I have my every poke on my team near lv 80 in the end of the first part, there was a huge gap in comparison with adversaries =p
And you’re wrong about “no post-game syndrome”, it’s exactly the opposite: ORAS presented the Delta Episode, in which they enriched the plot and made connections with X/Y story. It was pretty great, imo.

I didn’t like the villains redesign at first too, but these changes made them different. Maxie and Archie had no light at all, they were almost Giovanni copy-and-paste personalities. They’re now different, they’re unique. Maxie is still badass, my problem was with Archie (who is totally different now), but in the end I just accepted them.

This is the only flaw that I totally agree with you: no Battle Frontier. I was devasted when I reached the Battle Resort and saw there’s no BF. They said the reason was there was no BF in Ruby/Sapphire, and in-game you can see they’re building the BF. But that was still not acceptable. I wanted BF so bad, they even made the remake version of frontier brain battle theme, why no BF?! ;-;

Completely disagree, ORAS is a good game. They didn’t make the plot as deep as BW, mainly because the plot was already made (this is a remake). I don’t see any part of story senseless changed, and the reason the game is easier is stated above. The Trick House is included in ORAS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9lutHkiKsQ) and they included amazing things like Soar in the Sky, improving the character of Wally and the DexNav, for example. You’re bashing a a game without knowing it well and undeservedly, almost like a hater. ORAS was a great remake, they failed in not putting BF in the game, but that was it. Everything else was pretty much good in the game.

My bad, I wrote badly, regarding the trick house it had way less puzzles than in rse, and they are way easier.
Delta episode sadly doesn’t come near the post-game of emerald, platinum, hgss and bw2 there is no replay ability, it is a nice extra story but that’s all where is the post-game that is supposed to last hundreds of hours ? I myself never finished emerald battle Frontier that’s a testament of how hard it is.
Soar is fun, the first 10 times after you discover you can use fly to any route whitout soar things get better, this is mostly a hardware limitation since the 3ds can’t load the overworld fast enough so you lose a huge amount of time in the lati@s animation
Dex nav looked nice, I admit not using it enough since I already have a full pokedex, and a jap ditto for shines

I might be a “hater” as I hold the 3rd Gen really close to my heart(around 1200 hours in Ruby emerald and fire red together) and so I end overly critical, but sadly most of the fun features introduced in Oras will be never used again, as GF likes to remember us.
All of the remakes changed something story wise (a link between the first and second generation in FRLG, ho-oh and Lugia events with the kimono dancers in HGSS) Oras had a bunch of references to past games and some truly bothersome events like giving lati@s in the middle of the game, for free, and also making it troublesome to reset for good nature’s and iv, while they had to give the player soar sometime, giving it midstory is a questionable choice at least, since "why I can’t just fly to the league and skip the victory road?"
Honestly I might not have gotten 150-200 hours as I usually do I in my pokemon games ( I can provide Screenshots if you doubt me) and it is true, I didn’t even bother with soar and Dex nav since those are mostly tools to help beginners complete the pokedex, however I did play a fair amount of ORAS, I loved the secret bases implementation and loved the remade locations, but given the series where taking a “more serious direction” since emerald as the players were growing up, GF simply giving up at least 1/3 of the playerbase to fully cater to the low-attention mobile f2p generation, is a pretty big middle finger to old players, I saw kids playing the new games, and latter playing the old ones, not even once I heard “the new games are better” they all preferred the games before, when they were made to everyone instead of the current “we need new players” style, Oras, unlike XY (that had the excuse of having to make 700+ 3d models) had the need to balance nostalgia and new things, and failed, something the previous remakes successfully done.
However in the grand scheme I see Oras as an experiment like it often happen with zelda games, they had to chose a game to try new ideas, and it couldn’t be at the start of a new generation.
Lastly, DP had a small romance hinted at players (dawn says it to the male player when it is his birthday after you defeat the league), so this isn’t the first time that it happened in a pokemon game, however, at least in my social circle, everybody that saw Oras dialogue cringed from the cheesyness of the lines, no one showed a positive reaction

I see some people here that have ether never played a single pokemon game in their life or just one really long ago…

but it’s ok, I got you derps cover… well Game Freak does :expressionless:

cant wait for more episodes :3

1 Like

Yes youre correct. I played it from gen1 until gen 4, the concept is the same. It killed me on Gen 5 the moment they started putting condom on pikachu. Ash can even fusion with his pokemon like from dragonball. Pokemans are getting uglier, Amourshipping etc. I probably would enjoy it if im getting younger but it is a game meant for kids.

Im still playing it but only on competitive level. Mega-Gengar, Megaluke, MegaMence, multi purpose shuriken master, all swords skills, Swagger boys, Parenting done right, fairy tales, terrorist flame bird, priorities golden age. Gen 6 mechanics were fun.

1 Like

More like Digimon, but that’s besides the point.
What? Is this really a thing now?

It was just a running joke when people were speculating ash-greninja before the official release.

On serious note it was just through its strong bond with Ash that Ash-grenija takes the form. Greninja then takes on an appearance resembling Ash. Almost similar to mega-evolution. If someone were joking about it, I find it hard to argue with them so i just join the fun. Im looking forward to what the pokemanz has to offer competitively. I heard cool mechanics like anti-priority abilities and rental pokemon teams.

1 Like

Oooo. So Ash doesn’t have a strong bond with Pikachu.

I’m not a competitive player. I just catch cute Pokemons and stuff.
What do you mean about rental teams?

[quote=“Ashley, post:27, topic:335800, full:true”]
Oooo. So Ash doesn’t have a strong bond with Pikachu.[/quote]

Who knows lol, I seriously dont mind pikachu and Ash doing fusion dance. :laughing::laughing:

Similar to battle factory I guess, you can rent pokemon teams to battle other NPC trainer. However the new one will let you rent pokemon teams from other human players. Basically sparing you the trouble of training them to fullest potential (IV, EV, Moveset, levels, Abilities). You can just use your friends pokemon team for battling (if they register it) or from someone across the globe. I dont know if you can use it through story lines or only through online battling, the latter is my guess.

1 Like

Oh. That’s pretty cool.
It’d be pretty interesting if it was random. Though, that would mean people might add in Pokemons with no attacks or something.

i knew this was offtopic but i didn’t know you could talk bout this on offtopic, 9 more days until sun and moon !!!

Favorite generation ever was pokemon sapphire and ruby and alpha saphire & omega ruby. [played sapphire]

FYI: i think sun and moon will be the End [of something, relating the arc]

still, ash’s pikachu should probably be able to defeat a legendary by now.
he/she can’t be lower than 100 at this point.

And no, i’m not feigning ignorance, i’m aware the series got a lot of nonsense relating to ash always losing every single league and his pokemon not being OP.

soo close…

If anyone here is fan of Pokemon (like seriously why are you here if not a fan) and read manga…

but you haven’t read every single chapter of Pokemon adventures/ pocket monster specials…

List_of_Pokemon_Adventures_volumes

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU D:

well you can skip most of diamond and pearl cause that was sooo boring and X&Y was soo badly scanned it gives me pokerus…

but seriously dig in and don’t feel threatened by it size :sunglasses:

Friend goes for rowlet so I’m in team litten. Gonna combo whoop that little pip pip arse.

So you’re basically Gary/Shigeru!

I enjoyed Black2/White2 a lot because there was a lot of content and it was fun doing the world champion battles. X/Y was nice, but the end game content was lacking and the story line was a bit too cheesy for me. Also, I didn’t like the fact it was too easy to complete. The Elite Four teams weren’t well done and I didn’t like the fact that I could beat all of them with one Pokemon…

I really don’t like Moon/Sun new starters designs, so I’ll trade over a Pikachu to journey with. Rebuilding the best team of them all - TeamRed.

Looking forward to meeting Red and Green again.

Hmm

Spoiler warning

The new poke center is amazing
EXP share is given much more easily now, making the game even easier lol

Eh… people are given the EXP.Share, then proceed to using it and say the game is too easy.

A better example: people use “basically legendary” stat PKMN (like most of the Dragons…)…or heck simply just the more sweeper ones with 100+ speed/atk, and then complaing the game is too easy. Every generation.

The “difficulty” of these games has always been dependant on how you play it, or rather what limits you put on it yourself. Try using a Ledian or something and just pretend the EXP.share isn’t there…or do the complete opposite and trade over your Lv100 Charizard and destroy the game. These are all OPTIONS.

1 Like

At least the grass type starter is an owl…

I’m in team green who always picks the grass type starter in all editions ever since Pokemon Red&Blue came out here during my early high school days [since we don’t have the concept of middle school in Germany, higher school education starts with the 5th class].

Point is, people use what they have and what they are given at their disposal.

Would you not use squire repairs and go with NPC repairs when these options are given to you? that’s an example

Now, let’s say if exp share was given to you after your first gym battle or second, then that’s something. But right now they just give it to you off the bat.

I remember having a little fun in gen 5 challenge to get my exp share though.

I see they still continue this trade to evolve thing, gotta wait till official release lol

Don’t get me wrong, I do wish they would make at least “Challenge Mode” a standard feature (rather than just a special one that appeared only in BW2, and even then you had to finish the game just to unlock it, making it a quite retarded implementation of a great idea…) and improve upon it every game, as well as make AI smarter etc…

But more often than not, I really just see people going for starters, lucario, pseudo-legendaris and the like in their playthrough, which always blows my mind considering the huge selection the games tend to offer.