Tree of Savior Forum

Please Implement a Class Reset Item/Option

Even if I have to pay tp upfront for it, I recently found out there’s a class rank limit of 7 and I SERIOUSLY do not feel like grinding all the way back to 70 minus all the founder’s benefits due to how vauge the class system is in telling you that there is a limit. I wanted to mix in Chronomancer with DPS but I went to Pyro by mistake thinking you had to rank the next classes to get to the next ones.

It should be possible to reset class ranks if skills and stats are re-settable as well.

1 Like

Even though you messed your build that kind of item must not exist…
If an item like that exists… people would make early pve strong classes, then after reaching a certain level they would just reset making the char good for pvp and etc…

It’s just unfortunate for you… but you didn’t study the game well before it started…

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to agree with @matyuji_mys on this one. Your build is unique and should not be changed to match the “flavor of the month”. Make your character wisely.

1 Like

Good point, matching the flavor of the month would definitely be a turn off when a meta gets introduced. On the contrary though, the game is going to change progressively. Committing to a build you wanted to do is an assurance people want to have, but that’s not something provided to players as the game continues to grow. Players should be allowed to make changes accordingly to what they had in mind with what was out at the time.

What I’m saying is, it would kinda suck if you had a golden build you had in mind and then got boned by a patch and couldn’t make changes to adapt to new content. At the very least, let players have changes accessible as the game does as well. Maybe not a cash shop class reset potion, but maybe a reset as new content gets introduced. That just seems like the best method to keep players from table flipping and calling it quits, I’m sure IMC wouldn’t want that.

or at least a double perma specialization, one for pve and one for pve

Good point about season trends. As well as that build can be ruined by any patch.

I think, a good compromise might be an annual quest to reset classes. This quest should be rather painful and require a lot of loot from all corners of the world. And some TP items, of course.

So, if your build is ruined for some reasons, you still have an option to actualize it. But just once a year. And with a lot of pain and grinding.

this kind of game usually don’t turn any overpowered class into trash, all they do is try to keep them balanced, and then people cry because they class is not OP anymore. just do what you feel like, for all i’ve seen there are really few classes combinations that could be called trash or useless

Unless you are super unlucky and hit on one of the combos the hard way, by trial and error lol. I was going Archer and testing Kneeling Stance only to realize that it disables all skills when kneeling. Sure, this is a Skill Reset problem but sometimes you realize the flaw of your class only after choosing it and realize that the build design you planned at the start doesn’t work.

I’m all for the “once a year” thing, but I’m not really sure if it is practical, the builds were not really designed to be reset I think and the programming is going to be a bit tricky if that was the case.

I’d really like to see this at least. I like the idea of just making what you like, but I’d be a bit sad if they reworked a class completely and all of a sudden I didn’t like my class anymore or something I didn’t want before seems perfect for my build. Of course, I do agree with OP and would like it if they introduced class reset someday, and I’d be willing to pay. It could just be to reset one rank even. I don’t want this option so that I can make the “flavor of the month” or fit the meta either.

EDIT:

Yeah, IMC, don’t worry about it. I don’t need the class reset option unless you’re willing to give it to us as a full reset :disappointed_relieved:

When you begin to understand the mechanics and gameplay, you realise that you need specific builds for specific purposes. For example, very specific build for Guild Wars. Fully concentrated on one very specific role. Fully equipped to fit that role. And if this role is not needed after a new patch, or some new equipment appears, or whatever else… I mean, if your perfectly planned build suddenly becomes not so perfect - it kinda hurts…

I for one would very much like to see this. I also made a small error in my build and would not like to repeat days of play just to end up in the same point. I think the type of reset item Endymion and I would be wanting is just a reset of 1 rank. Wouldn’t even have to be full reset.

I would also like to point out that by deleting a character and starting over you aren’t actually losing the time it takes to get back to the level you were. You are losing all the time that old character spent exploring including all the things that come with the Adventure Journal.

Class reset would kill this game so fast. Think about the ramifications. Think about all the people that will reset to Linker just to level to 280 faster and then reset to the flavor of the month class for pvp.

Also, think about the lack of content in this game. The only thing that’s keeping this game alive right now is people rerolling to make their perfect build.

1 Like