Tree of Savior Forum

Please help me understand alchemist builds

So, I’m very new to this game, and was thinking it might be neat to roll up an alchemist as a second character. However, I’m still pretty unfamiliar with what all the different classes are best for, and as a result I’m having some difficulty understanding which builds might be best.

From looking about, it appears that the common path into alch is either pyro+linker, or cyro+kino, sometimes with a single level of something thrown in at tier 5. My trouble is that I’m not sure what each build is intended to do, or what it would be good at. There are obviously many rolls one could craft their build to accomplish, and I’d like to understand what different builds are aiming for before choosing one.

To that end, I have a few questions, and would be very appreciative if anyone might be willing to take the time to answer any of them:

-What are the pros and cons of pyromancer (I presume paired with linker) vs cyromancer (likely paired with Kino). What are the strengths that each build is aiming for?
-What sort of build would be best if I was looking to have some degree of end game desirability in parties?
-And, what sorts of builds make for the best soloing?

I’d really appreciate any and all answers to these questions, links to other useful threads that might help, or any other tips that any of you more experienced people think could be helpful.

Pyro is heavily favored because it can kill fast. The main point is to level up quickly to get Alchemist and open a shop.

Alchemist circle is not viable in parties. The skills are not good at all for it. You could go for Cryo for endgame but it defeats the purpose of the intent of a character meant to open a shop.

Is pyro that much faster for levleing? It seems like cyro+kino is regarded pretty well for it as well, with ice pillar and such.

And what would cyro give a party to make it better for that?

Grind parties adore linker, so it is usually the best choice for alche, as they just want to use what and whoever they can to rank 7 asap.

Cryo Kino is meh at grinding and only good for bosses.