Tree of Savior Forum

Please help me decide

Hi all. I currently have a Cryo3Sorc 1 and he’s almost reaching Rank 6. My original plan was going Sorc2 then WL2, however I’m not sure anymore… Which would be better Necro 3 or Sorc2>WL2?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

sorc 2 wl 2, necro is pretty bad, unless u want to afk farm, I have a necro 3, sucks

Chrono3 or go home.
Nobody wants you and your skeletons for battle.
Reroll to cleric.

Really? Somebody told that Cryo, Sorc and Necro got buffs in kToS and now they have this wonderful synergy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB1Jm9GUHR0

Make cryo3-sorc2-necro1(for 2 decays, one from FC, another from Shoggoth, they stack)-Sage1(nothing else to take, Missile Hole is very good). And wait for sorc2 buffs to come here. Necro2-3 are useless, unless for afk farm.
But in general - I dont get why you want sorc even with ktos buffs(she also has very high transcended weapon in the video). In levelling until rank8 you will mostly be useless. After rank 8 - levelling from 280 to 317 is very fast, faster than 240-280, no matter what class you play, just 2-3 hours in jeromel or 3-4 days with 290 dungeon/sia/expbook.
Ok, you have nuke every minute with correct setup which kills a pack of mobs. What’s further? If you want damage - go pyro2-link2-thauma2-sage this one is much strong and is good for material farming(which actually whole endgame is about now). You might also be usefull in ET also.

I dont get why you want sorc even with ktos buffs

This wizard was my first character in the game and at that time he wasn’t so bad. I was following this build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/3n607t5whv/ and it was decent until I reach Sorc 1. The really bad summon ai made me give up on him. But now, with Rank 8 and stuff, I wanted to give him a second chance, he’s almost reaching his Rank 6 which is a big deal to me. Even if he’d be just a AFK famer it’d be a-ok, I don’t really have a farmer yet.

On the other hand, isn’t Warlock 2 an option at all? Don’t get me wrong, I think that Necro is way cooler than WL, but I always thought that WL2 was more powerful than both Necro and Sage.

Chrono3 or go home.

I talked to a Chrono2 that was grinding with me last night… It seems that a Chrono/Linker build it’s pretty hard to level on your own and, as much as I would like to make one, I don’t have a guild/friends in ToS to play with me.

Reroll to cleric.

I’m planning on making a Krivis3>Druid2>Tao but I don’t have a Five Hammer red gemmed and a Arde Dagger yet, so I’m putting him on a hold for now.

WL2 has nothing new to offer. Ok, one more flame groun like skill. There are many dark resistant and high mdef mobs,a nd it offers silver farming in Demon Prison 2. That’s it for now. Sage gives your party immunity against archer and mage mobs which hit like ~10k damage per shot and unavoidable.
Afk farming is not possible with sorc anymore, it has been fixed so summon stops attacking if you were not in battle for 1 minute. Necro summons deal irrelevant damage already for 200lvl content. Mobs have 300k+ hp, your summons hit for 1k damage only 1 target. Flesh Cannon? ok 200k damage with quick cast on and in very small aoe, so you need to cc monster first(you will not manage to cast FC during hangman knot duration).
Sorc2 damage might become decent with high matk and ktos buffs, with 1 minute cooldown on skills, but still pyro is the best one for PvE dd at the moment by far as mage. And you can forget going non-psy2 or/and sage build on PvP.
Mages are in very bad situation atm. Clerics are much better in every aspect of the game - PvP, PvE, farming. Ok, you can make a better boss killing build as a mage, but there is cooldown of 8 hours for boss killing, so it just not worth it.

1 Like

Chrono is very hard to level on your own.
But out of all the wizards, it has the best utility for party: haste and pass.
But seriously, chrono3 or go home XD.

But if you plan on solo play for long term without friends or guildmates, it’s probably best to go for the pyro linker build that seems to be working for most players as long as they have the Agny necklace.

1 Like

I guess if u mix cryo 3 with necro 2 and sorc 2 and you have a good weapon + transcended and gems, you get a result like that, but I was answering to his question of necro 3, and it sucks

1 Like

It is no longer hard to level chrono3 on your own. We are not in april 2016 now. As long as you take Sacramenti and Blessing(2 times from pardoners, because bless stacks) buffs, any char with any build is easy to level to 100 lvl, where with some exp books you can just do sia missions and 145 dungeons. At lvl 190 you use clear voucher and become ready for Truffel to 240 lvl, and so on. You dont even need to do quests. Maybe at like 170 lvl you can do some, or just wait a few sia missions.

1 Like

You for real? Hum… I might make a chrono now, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Also, do you have any chronolinker builds? It’d help me a lot

Pyro1-linker2-chrono3-sage is very easy to level 1-280, and then you just do a few runs of 290 dungeon, some map exploring and you are 317lvl. But this build is not the best for endgame, though it is the fastest and enjoyable in party all the way. There are 40 link immune mobs in 280+ content, so this might be a trouble, and they also have high mdef, so your pyro wont help at all.
Cryo3-Chrono3-Sage is a bit boring, but much more solid in lategame, specially when we receive cryo buffs like cd of Frost Pillar 55->35sec.

Awww, now you kinda that turned me off haha I already have this Cryo3 and I find it extremely boring. Also, not being ChronoLinker makes parties in 200-280 slower because you’d need like two Wiz sups

How bad would it be if I turned my Cryo3>Sorc1 into Cryo3>Sorc1>Chrono3?

I was referring to soloing as a cryo3chrono3.
Try doing quest lines higher up and unless you got decent gears, not even CON will save you. You can watch you abysmal dps whack monsters slowly away. Aside from the missions and dungeons that are limited each day, and the grind parties, you can’t go off on your own and expect to “conquer the maps” after 200.

Very bad idea. Sorc is a waste of rank. Make a new char.

1 Like