Tree of Savior Forum

Please do something about zoomy in BL and GVG

We love zoomy, we really do, but it’s not cool that it functions in BL.

It’s even more uncool when you encounter musketeers that abuse it, being able to drop their snipes anywhere on the map. They might not be able to see players in gvg but they can still drop attacks where they think they’ll be. In BL they can shoot from spawn to spawn. I’ve encountered several of them, I can’t name names though because that’s just going to cause drama from them denying it as there’s literally no way to gather evidence and prove it when all a recording will show is you dying to a shot, which can happen for lots of reasons.

This is not ok. I love zoomy for pve though it’s fine there.

Screenshot of zoomy+snipe extending anywhere on map below.

https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJwNxEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2oQLrZwhBgjYqhl1PTf_ezmE-6hmHWtQmcvNizLpz6WPVLH3kVnXrvR013zvr0k-TRXLZznoJG4yeAhEizuBchBcZi-Qh0OwBAyJZZw2XUevFW5dkAf0EcbKUAP5PNibU77up7w-zuyjc.oqrqYri5Q0JSbUS_zniEDJWUaTU.jpg

Edit bump.

2 Likes

Lolwut. Can it really actually do damage from that far away? Wow.

Never encountered it btw.

Oh, whatever. Kill zoomy for all I care. As a melee char, I will only profit from this.

Yeah it doesn’t have a range limit like normal casting circles. That would be one easy fix, but I think everyone’s preference is just to break zoomy for pvp while leaving it as it is in pve.

Hey, it’s IMC. They’ll just ban the addon, they are too lazy to restrict it in PvP anyway. Do they even know how, lol.

So say goodbye to those nice screenies of yours.

In a way it’s more logic to have a long-range attack when you are using a skill called “Snipe”.

Oh right ok. In that case the muskets should miss 95% of the time because it would be more logical.

Or we accept this is a game and that realism isn’t the point - making things fair, balanced, fun and not broken is.

This skill is broken in pvp with zoomy.

2 Likes

Zoomy has been discontinued but the mentality of players who keeps using it are cancerous in a way.

I have it, but dont use it during pvp. Only use it for cool views and stuff. They should just lock your view distance in pvp to the max normal view. Problem solved.

I think you might be a little behind on things?

Zoomy was discontinued by Excrulon and picked up again by @FiftyCaliber while adding functionality that greatly expanded on it and made it FANTASTIC. Most people absolutely love it, it just needs to be made non-functional by the devs in pvp.

Oh thanks for the info, I haven’t seen that one yet.

1 Like

It was a joke…

:cry:

This addon should be illegal… it gives too much advantage on pvp…

I missed the joke then! <3

No it shouldn’t be illegal. PVP isn’t very important compared to the massive benefit it has for the game. But the functions it uses should be disabled in pvp.

Would it possible for the addon authors to have the zoom level reset and lock to default when in the TBL and GvG arena instead?

I know a few players use different methods/addons for this same functionality, but this could at least cut off a significant portion of those who abuse zooming during PVP events.

@FiftyCaliber by any chance, is this doable?

Probably. It wouldn’t actually stop someone else forking the addon and using it privately though by just deleting the BL restriction part or using an older version without it. I assume keeping it the way it is at least gives everyone fair opportunity to use it rather than only the cheaters behind closed doors?

Seems like reasonable logic. Although I think if the addon devs did limit it then there would be far fewer people capable of using it. But someone with less morals would probably just jump on the opportunity to republish it publicly?

I’m thinking at least the use of that particular addon won’t anymore be something people would consider cheating. This will also stop people from complaining about the misuse of said addon.

Cheaters will always try to find other ways anyways. I’m really not sold on the idea that to be on even grounds with abusers, you should become an abuser yourself.

Maybe different strokes for different folks, but I only feel sense of satisfaction in winning or losing knowing I didn’t cheat. What use is being highly ranked when you cheated your way through it?

This will still be an issue in GvG though considering IMC is giving TP as reward, something some people will be desperate for and will use whatever means possible to gain an advantage and ensure their win.

Anyways, this really is IMC’s fault and the best solution to this is only if they make changes on their end.

I could easily make it not function within PvP Maps. The reason I haven’t done so is well what Awoooo said about it not stopping someone from merely removing those restrictions by modifying the code. Also its not like I can force those using the old Zoomy or older versions of my Zoomy Plus to upgrade to a version which restricts its use in PvP. I’d rather let everyone zoom out in PvP then make it so only those using an older version or who know how to modify the code can.

IMC could fix this by adding merely 3 lines of code to the forefront of the camera.CustomZoom() function:

if world.IsPVPMap() == true then 
	return;
end

Was that so hard? This is just one way they could disable it in PvP, they could do it many ways and it’s much easier then bothering to write a post about the banning of an addon and the actual banning of those whom are still using it there after.

2 Likes