Tree of Savior Forum

Playing "Fireball" in dungeons isn't fun, how to make it stop?

So, basically I went to a dungeon as a Pyro 2 for the first time…and I was struggling much with good FB placement as any melee attack displaced it anywhere but not into mobs.

Guys what do you do to make it stop? (except not playing as Pyro)

it doesn’t stop embrace the pain.

Use your tears to put out that fire ball because that crap will fly all over the place.

Wrap it in the Ice Wall that surround your dying heart.

4 Likes

Instead of taking fireball take firewall.
Cry yourself to sleep at night telling yourself it was a good choice…

1 Like

I just always hit it back with hope it will hit something else :smirk:

that was my first semi-option

I haven’t ever used the skill actually. You hear bad things about it constantly, but nobody I’ve spoken to recently has used it since Icbt1…

As a support i like to hit them to add damage xD

1 Like

Jokes aside, they REALLY need to fix this. Either remove the ability for it to be hit in general or only let the person who summoned it hit it. Has there been any confirmation that they aren’t going to fix it?

I do the same thing! :smiley:

It makes me feel like I am contributing when all my skills are on CD.

1 Like

we need an attribute that prevents anyone but us from moving fireball. That’s all there is to it.

It’s been mentioned to IMC many times but has never been delivered.

I have it at level 10 on my pyro2. My feelings are mixed. Also it seems to behave inconsistently. There are definitely times that it’s awesome. When I can get all 6 tiles on a boss, it definitely registers a lot of hits. But many times that it isn’t. Also lots of times it just ends early inexplicably. Also if i start drawing the pattern but stop, i only get the number of patterns i drew. I wish it woudl always draw all 6 tiles even if i don’t have time to draw all 6 with the arrow keys.

I go back and forth over whether or not to spend the skill reset to take the points out, but if I do a skill reset it won’t be until I’m rank 7 so I’m stuck with it for now.

just doen’t use fireball in teamfights…Use flame ground instead.
I only use it when I solo.

you are talking about firewall…this is about fireBALL

Well, he’s replying to me, where I was talking about taking firewall instead, so…

There’s a hidden skill combo about fireball:
fireball + Psychic Pressure(Psychokino)
You may consider it.

Watch how your party mates attack. Put fireballs opposite side. Works most of the time for me. That is, of course, unless someone decides to jump around and spam attack.

I find that playing Pyro in a team is more about positioning than just skill rotation.

As a user of mouse controls fireball just gives me cancer (which is really saying something considering all the problems mouse control has in this game). For some reason the fireball is targetable for wizard autoattacks despite them not doing anything. The hitbox is so wonky on fireball that I simple cannot get my character close enough or in the right position to melee it where I want. I would love for them to make this a ranged skill and simply remove the hitting mechanic.

I mean how do you even “hit” fire anyway? It’s not a damn beachball. :smirk:

1 Like

They should really make moving fireball into a trait for the skill that you can toggle on and off… That’ll solve pretty much everything about this skill.