Tree of Savior Forum

Player abusing of the game's code to do this

I don’t think anybody is in position to “agree” or “disagree” with anything here. As stated by @STAFF_Max this has been in the Terms of Service for a while. Rules are rules, break them and you’ll have to deal with the consequences.

Each and every player should read the Terms of Service of any game they want to play. Which is why STAFF_Max linked it: https://treeofsavior.com/ts/

So yeah, so sorry but… You just gotta deal with it. This is not a court, this is a player being banned for breaking the rules, fair and square, and good job to IMC…

It matters little if a player has been supporting IMC or not and for how long. You can support IMC as much as you want, but you’ll still get punished for breaking the rules, that’s what they’re showing, and that’s the correct thing to do. You’re not a special snowflake just because you reported a bug or tested the game during the closed beta tests, you’re just one of many. And all of the rules apply to you just as much as anybody else, so yeah

6 Likes

Yeah I agree with you, I just want to state that I’ve done all that stuff and agree with a punishment. I just think that permanent ban for this situation is too much.

Yeah, i’m not sure what are the “block policies”, it seems IMC is quite harsh about the rules and whatnot.

1 Like

I think the only reason he got a permanent ban is because of the title of this thread, and Staff_Max not knowing exactly how this is done (The title gives the impression that Vince altered the client files to do this, when it was basically just a string of code in the chat). If he knew that before-hand, I’m sure he would’ve just temp-banned the guy for a few days at most.

Not gonna go out of my way to defend someone I don’t even know, but you could at least reduce his ban to 7 days since this was pretty harmless. Even the list of people who abused the Attribute leveling exploit didn’t get a perm-ban, not to mention his Guild is screwed 5ever. @STAFF_Max

6 Likes

Yeah even as annoying as i find this in chat permaban seems like a bit of an extreme reaction to it. Temp ban or a warning is probably a more appropriate thing to do.

Well, thats why you should READ and AGREE with this https://treeofsavior.com/ts/ before start to play a game. He deserve it.

5 Likes

Private company, private rules. You can try argue but it will be hard to change your situation.

Keep them perma banned I say. If you keep these guys around and go easy on them, they’ll keep doing shady stuff.
Good riddance.
GJ Max.

2 Likes

Tried to play with code not available for the public and use bold chat on world to get more exposure. Got caught and got banned. That’s all there is to it, stop whining damn sissies.

2 Likes

I think that perma ban is too much. Theres bigger issues in game to deal with. Vince is a huge tree of savior supporter. Hes one of adms on tree of savior Facebook fan page. wIve seen ppl using this on shout, and I bet they dont know that is a bannable thing (since its innofensive) @STAFF_Max

2 Likes

Sounds to me like that as well. Max went overboard with permbanning a person on a simple assumption. Instead of banning people, why not setting the @dicID codes simply off from working in a chat window? Is that too much work? I honestly think not. It seems it’s not worth the effort since it doesn’t harm too much.

So why would a Staff member ban a person using a “feature” being known since CBT, when their own devs are thinking its not worth the hassle?

He just doesn’t know the whole picture xD

4 Likes

@STAFF_Max U are the best o/

2 Likes

If you see more people using this code, just report. They have to ban everyone that abuse this code, no matter if this guy is Obama or a random. No one can argue “I didnt know this stuff can ban my account”, since we agree with the rules before start to play a game. IMC don’t care if people are too stupid to not read the rules before play. You can find the rules here: https://treeofsavior.com/ts/ take your time to read next time.

2 Likes

2 Likes

you’re my hero now! hahahaha

I have nothing to do with his Guild like some people commenting here.

He sure did something wrong and deserved a punishment, but i personally don’t think he deservers a Perma Ban, it’s not like he modified the game for Hacking porpuses (Like the AoE/Range some bots use), just for the Attention he wanted at the shout.

2 Likes

The rule is as follows:

So by your own standards, if they decide to ban you just because they feel like it, you deserve it just as much as Vince did.

Simply linking to the terms of service doesn’t explain anything because that’s so vague. Based on Max’s post,

we could guess that he’s thinking of this line, where “them” refers to “game errors, bugs, and other game play issues”:

However, a common sense interpretation of benefits in a game could be getting a tangible reward like silver, EXP, and items. Due to this vagueness and how common it is to see enlarged text or images in item memos, a player could expect that these wouldn’t warrant a ban. Unclear situations like that are normally dealt with using warnings or mild punishments (such as preventing him from using shout chat) to avoid misunderstandings.

More generally, it’s usually a good idea for punishments to fit offenses instead of being disproportionate.

Now if big text is permanently bannable, what about images in item memos? Can you be banned just for possessing such an item, or is it fine if someone else added the image? What if you paid for the item, rewarding the seller for adding the image? Are the images a benefit or is it an “as we deem necessary” case?

Additionally, “You shall not continuously act in a way to disrupt other players’ gameplay”, “You may not engage or attempt to engage in any activities that might hinder the natural progression of the Game” and “as we deem necessary” could indicate continuously using non-English languages in open chat could be permanently bannable. Is it? That’s more disruptive than big text, after all.

8 Likes

@STAFF_Max just read what @trielav wrote.

@STAFF_Max By the way, just saying:

• Since this deserves a perma man(and it does), why am i not seeing a list of people who got perma banned for buying silver(which also does x100)?
1 Like

No, don’t justify one error with the error of another people. It’s dumb O.o