Tree of Savior Forum

[Plate/Strike Damage] There aren't enough plate-type enemies

Got good traction on reddit with this thread, so I thought i’d post it to the official forums as well.

I play a Diev Monk, and I notice very few monsters are weak against Strike damage.

I can’t really just stick to dungeons with strike-weak monsters either because the game basically tells you where to grind. For example, if your damage type isn’t good for Demon Prison, you’re ■■■■ out of luck because you’re probably stuck there for 15 levels.

Another poster on reddit also had the same feeling, and he did some research by looking through the ToS Monster Database.

There are currently:

19 pages of Cloth-type enemies
19 pages of Leather-type enemies
Only 9 pages of Plate-type enemies

That means that classes like Monks and Paladins have more trouble doing equivalent DPS than other STR classes because they receive the damage penalties more frequently. .

1 Like

Monk is going to have strike damage debuff in the future, as for paladins once you get to c3 you pretty much have standard DPS against non-plate enemies and heavy burst against devil-mutant / plate enemies. You can also find a wizard friend with max attribute lethargy which increases strike damage by 100%.

The only thing different between other str characters is that monk/paladin are still clerics and are still wanted in any content.

They have an easier time dealing more DPS than swordsmen because literally every wizard that can breathe without assistance has 1 point in Lethargy which doubles strike damage w/ attribute.

Equip a swords ffs.

Most questing is solo, and not everyone has a Wizard friend.

Plus, Double Punch is always strike damage, so I don’t know why a Sword would make much of a difference.

I’m a Peltasta C2 and Rodelero C2 planning to go C3. Guess how hard grinding I’m facing with all Strike type attacking skills in the whole arsenal… I agree with this. We need more Plate armor type mobs.

No matter what type of weapon you are using, if the skill you’re using is a Strike attack, your damage will come out a Strike type damage. Equipping other type weapons will affect only your normal attacks.