Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for alchemists in renew/rework?

The rebalancing is almost coming, we have seen changes in several classes but so far nothing meaningful has been said regarding the alchemist. I would like to know if something will be changed in the class if by the way it is already very outdated.

For example:

Tinturing - 30 sec. To make a potion @ _ @. Please change this so we can make several potions at once.

Magnus Opus - Same Thing as Tinturing

Briquetting - Currently only compensates to get this skill in level 1 to change weapons skin. The weapon’s damage increase is so low that it does not pay to risk at level 15. This skill has to be completely reworked.

Gem roasting - this skill is ok.

Item Awakening - The delay time to complete the DG is very high even with max passives. Most earned statuses are not even worth the potential lost point. It would be interesting to change the difficulty of the DG to be equal to mercenary post, that is to say composed only of boss of level of difficulty of high level according to the level of the equipment, but with very better rewards of status also according to the level of the equipment / level of the skill of the alchemist.

Alchemist missile - because it is a rank 8 skill the damage is very low, it scales very little with magic atack and it has a charge bar. The skill is almost a joke. Need to review the damage formula and remove the charge bar just as they did with the energy bolt.

Combustion - this skill is a joke !! A skill that depends on another to work, has a ridiculous damage even at level 15 and with a recharge time of 30 seconds !! The passive to use silver in place of materials Only makes things worse because it causes the skill to be cast in a random place.

This skill has to be completely reworked.

Dig - This skill was made to be used with the combustion, but it does not compensate to have nor in level 1, even if this skill was deleted would not be missing any. Needs rework.

BONUS: Homunculus - When the homunculus was announced many alchemists were hopeful, but in practice it was more of a disappointment to class. The homunculus is expensive to do, its artificial intelligence is sufferable, its magical damage is less than any magic class level 50+, it buga direct on top of npcs among countless other things that could be cited.

The suggestion for improvement would be:

Keep the homunculus in the current system however:

• Increase magical damage considerably.

• Increase the range of spells that the homunculus can learn.

• considerably improve the AI ​​(this applies to all summons / pets in the game as well)

OR

Rework completely the homunculus. It would be interesting this way:

4 Different colors of Homunculus

• Blue: would have spells of chono, ex: quiken, haste, ressurection, slow

-Green: would have spells of support, ex: heal, cure, daino, bless

• Red: It would have spells of damage, ex: fireball, fire pillar, firewall, enchant fire.

• Yellow: would have spells of linker / thauma ex: joint penalty, hangmans knot, physical link, Swell body, swell left / right arm.

When the alchemist used the magnus opus to create the homunculus the color of the same would come random.

Another point regarding homunculus is that they must be released to be used in any class thus increasing the range of items that the alchemist can market.

7 Likes

As far as I remember, Tincturing is 20 seconds, and it make a batch of 5 pots each time, what I would love to see is the way it was on CBT, a full lengh timer and animation, that way, we wouldn’t had issues of stopping in the middle of crafting, or at least a lot less issues.

Could not agree more. Alchemist needs some serious work.

Tincturing – what is the point of the long casting time? Not only does it make a batch of potions from the Guild Tower Dilgele harvest take hours to make, it’s also really buggy. This is not fun or active gameplay.
And as a sidenote, I would really love if we could buy Uosis seeds or get them from a guild mission. We basicly only got one good map atm to hunt for the only thing we can use to make something as important as SP potions. And with the big new rework of the game, SP pots seems to be more important than ever.

Magnus Opus – Way to long cast time and we should be able to make more than one item at the time. Instead of placing the items one by one on the grid over and over again, let us store the combinations we already know in a recipe book where we just have to press the item to put the ingredients on the grid for us, making the crafting proses a lot less tedious.
Also increase the variety of items we can craft to make this skill useful for crafting more than the 3-4 good items we can today.

Briquetting – Why anyone would use up a potential and an item to have a 50% chance of getting a worse weapon is beyond me. This is just plain dumb skill design. Remove the negative damage and have the skill at lvl 15 give a random 5%-20% attack change, if you want to keep the random element for some reason.
The idea of using this skill to change the look of an item is a good idea, but make it so you can change it to look like any weapon of the same type, including the hunting grounds weapons.

Gem roasting – I agree that this skill is ok the way it is.

Item Awakening – Why wasn’t the output of this skill raised in the same way as enchanting headgear was? The time, potential and the silver it cost to awaken an item is not worth the outcome. It feels like this skill was forgotten when they buffed gems and head gear enchantment.

Alchemist missile – This does not seem like a rank 8 damage skill.

Combustion – Why anyone would want to spend points on this skill is beyond me.

Dig – I had such high hopes for this skill. I had hoped I could use it as a fun treasure hunt for rare items and for items to use in Magnus Opus. All I get are trash I can use for nothing, as combustion is a waste of skill points.

Homunculus – another hope that was killed. I had so much fun in the challenge of getting all the items and crafting it, just to get a massive let down of just how bad it is. At the moment the only thing positive I got to say about the homunculus is that the design of it is kind of cute. The fact that you need to be circle 3 and rank 8 to make it, and how difficult it is to get all the items should really be reflected in how powerful it is.

4 Likes

My spele on Dig/Combustion

I’m still working on my alchemist (currently pyro 3, linker 1), so I don’t have much else to say on the rest of the moveset.

@elinhime
What’s the deal with homunculus again? Doesn’t it only last for a brief amount of time or does it stick around forever the same as your pets in the team?
Initially when that was announced my hopes for alchemist c3 would be purely dps bonuses like homunculus command skills or exploding potion throws.

It last 10 days i think. :no_mouth:

Here is the main Homunculus thread full of smashed hopes and dreams:

1 Like

Combustion lv 15 has a high skill factor,if that counts for anything

gud stuff. small addition, but would be nice to let us chat while we’re crafting.

Yeah 10 days until expiration, which is nuts. So my thoughts on that matter, so far, are that the homunculus should be treated the same as the falcon for falconer. It should be a permanent addition to the the player team, it should take up a team slot, it should persist forever, only the alchemist will be able to take the homunculus out of the team cabin or whatever.

I really enjoyed my Alchemist back in closed beta when max rank was 6 and it got all of its skills in C1 so it didn’t feel like a waste of a class rank to take. Item awakenings were also actually useful and if you knew what items to awaken you could sell them for a lot, at the cost of investing the time into awakening them.

IMO Alchemist needs to be less AFK. Leave potions and gem roasting as they are because they’re basically the only part of Alch that functions adequately right now, buff awakenings to be useful again, replace Briquetting completely, and change the other skills to make you actively hunt for alchemy components with Dig in order to use Magnum Opus and Combustion. Just make Combustion a normal skill that requires components to be cast like priest skills, which you have to find by digging in the right places.

2 Likes

I totally agree with that (I understood this: they could rework Magnum Opus is to combine Dig materials with normal materials and make most items worth to craft through it). It would open a totally new concept.

1 Like

To make it so you don’t just spam dig in one spot all day you would have to go to certain maps to get different materials - for example icy/snowy maps, desert maps, underground maps, jungle maps, etc. - and find a specific spot by digging in a sort of minigame.

When you dig anywhere you can find combustible materials (Sulphur, Charcoal or Saltpetre depending on the map) which each have their own individual use: Sulphur for new potions, Charcoal for Briquetting, Saltpetre in guild farming as fertilizer to grow more herbs. The 3 can also be combined with Magnum Opus to create Black Powder (3 stacks from combining the 3 materials), which is used to cast Combustion. Since you have to work for it and it’s one of Alchemist’s only damage abilities, they could then make Combustion a strong spell so your Alchemist isn’t dead weight in parties.

When you dig in the right part of the map, you’ll also get a Hot/Cold hint that you’re closing in on the rare material you’re looking for. The first time you dig in the correct part of the map it’ll say “You find traces of [material] in the soil,” and the next time you dig will show “The [material] traces in the soil are (stronger/weaker) than before” to show whether you’re getting closer, until you find the right spot and dig up the material; you can only dig each spot once, and it’ll respawn after some amount of time in another random spot on the map, so if you want to maximize profits you can’t just camp the same map.

By making it actually take some effort to acquire these materials, Alchemist could become a good profit maker again. Alchemists who just want to be lazy and AFK gem roasting or making potions all day will be unaffected. In fact they’ll probably benefit since some Alchemists will start to actually play the game, so fewer gem roast shops to compete with.

3 Likes

Alchemists damage got drastically improved with the new update : (from kTOS topic)

2 Likes

Why is this alche with wiz 3? l0l

1 Like

From response in the kToS thread this is just because of how the new damage formula works, using super high attack skills on super low defense mobs causes enormously amplified damage, which is also why they nerfed the ■■■■ out of defense reduction skills. It wouldn’t hit anywhere close to that in real combat situations.

1 Like

Well, how nice that I found this topic because I have a lot to talk about. Basically several complaints and suggestions.

Following the above pattern, I will try to talk about the skills in order:

Tincturing -
really casting time is too long for potions to be created. Some are made in batches of 5, but in general it is 1 potion every 20 seconds. It is very necessary to create a new interface and mechanics for this skill.
There is an annoying problem that you have to always drag and drop the materials whenever you create (or double click and run the risk of using some consumable material if there is a delay), it would be much easier if you could put them by clicking the + (As well as in the collection items window).

Tincturing is very annoying, basically the skill comes down to, losing 4 hours planting Dilgele, making HP pot, or farming for hours to have Uosis and make SP pot. The other potions usually no one tries to do as it is not worth the effort because of the low effect they provide.
Even one of the best potions of Alch3 (Condensed Protection Potion: + 9650HPmax for 3min) is not so exploited by the fact that the items are somewhat complicated to obtain (Raudonelis) and can only be used by the alchemist (no trade, no Storage).

It would be interesting if you could add something in this skill, through passive, how to mix some more ingredients to improve or add other effects (Ex: HP potion recover more and also offer def magic for a few seconds after use, or Pot of SP less fire damage but loses 10% HP).
This would move the varieties of potions, avoiding for a certain time that the market will remain the same forever.
Adding more Protection Potions, healing, Boost, and even Damage are welcome. A list of potions you have created that has been stored on your machine so you do not have to memorize each additional combination.

More planting options are also needed, such as new seeds, and it would be interesting to have vassals NPC in the guild who perform tasks for Talt, such as watering plants, feeding animals, arranging items, etc. It would be very useful when you need to get off to work, and there is no one available, preventing all plants from dying and you have to start all over again.

Templar is also a class that needs to be discussed, because basically it’s a Uber that only serves to take members from one map to another, but as the topic is about alchemist I’m going to focus only on it.

Magnus Opus –
Also has the problem of having to drag and drop all the items, repeatedly and repeatedly. The first time is ok. But when you want to manufacture 100 units of an item, it is a torture to have to put several and many times the same items in the same squares.

A list of the items you have already created (so you can create them again just by clicking on it and taking the necessary materials), and choosing to repeat as many times as you want would help a lot.

Briquetting -
No one wants to lose potential from an item, even more to lose attack. It could increase the chance of success with some passive, item, or dungeon like Awakening. It would be good for some to be able to leave shop in the city and let the buyer choose whether they just want the buff or change the look of the item. Others prefer to face a big group boss to get better bonuses on the item. Why not be creative and implement both through passive?

Gem Roasting -
NOT OK. The current price of this skill is Absolute independent of the Lv gem. If you put as 7k Roast, if the gem is lv 1 or 11 the person pays 7k. The correct thing is to be a scalable price, just like Squire’s skill, where depending on the number of stars a weapon has, the price changes. So if someone with gem lv 3 wants Roast, would pay less for being lv 3, and if it were lv 11 would be the higher price.

It would be good to have passive or something that could also improve the quality of the gem, so that each alchemist had its differential, avoiding 30 equal stores, with equal prices (or some with prices so low that they generate damage for the beginner who does not know of the rate of 30%)

Item Awakening -
As they said, you need to increase the bonus just like head enchanting.
Also it would be good to decrease in only to defeat 1 or 2 boss, saving time, because even being in lv high, the enemies die quickly, being the greater problem the time between the waves than the enemies themselves.
It could also join with the idea of doing multiple items at the same time, so you would fight with 1 or 2 boss per item added.

Alchemist missile – This does not seem like a rank 8 damage skill.³

Combustion – As it is said by others, it is a skill that no one wants. Explode items (and get a chance to blow up something you were wanting to drop) to give low damage, or spend money and maybe hit the enemy if you’re lucky.

Why not remove this skill and add “Throw Potion”?

It would be extremely useful if you could choose some potions, put in a special slot and play in some area on the ground, allies or enemies. It could be the beginning of Battle Alch or Support Alch, healing a bit with SP and HP potions and providing elemental protection with protective potions, and flinging negative status potions and damage to enemies. It could have several variants, making the Alch into someone you want to have in your party, not someone you just like to see sitting in Fedimian.

Dig – The same as they already mentioned. It seemed to offer a way to get items to generate various things with Magnum Opus, but basically it’s just rubbish (taking away the few materials that are used for the homunculus).
This skill should be summarized in a shovel purchased in the Alch Master, and passive to improve the drop. If you want to make it interesting you could add a passive one to help detect when something valuable has been buried or some nearby herb that can be harvested by digging some grass.

Homunculus – Homunculus should be stronger and more useful, doubling our skill and consequently damage / support. It would be interesting if they offered passive depending on the type of homunculus you created (as was suggested above).

It was really a disappointment. In my point of view, it should be the trump card of the alchemists.
The AI ​​problems, the total low damage, the odd response time, the cost to create and the duration time. There are several negative points that do not make up for having one.

Homunculus should be stronger and more useful, doubling our skills and consequently damage / support. It would be interesting if they offered passive depending on the type of homunculus you created (as already suggested above).

It could offer better customization, so you could change the skills whenever you want.

The homunculus should be difficult to do, but it would last much longer (or be permanent) and had an option (like pets) for leveling but with skills. The life span could increase with the use of some item.
Or
To be temporary but really easy / cheap to create, so that it would be possible to have several types of homunculus saved, always being able to call another one during a battle, and this one already has the configuration of the previous one.

That’s basically it.

In my point of view, the class should have greater focus on Homunculus and Potions, so that it could be useful both alone and in a group.

Can not forget to add new potions and effects. Characters with a lot of HP can not use potions because it is NOT WORTH. Dragoons with 40k of HP do not even recover 3k with a potion, and cooldown of 30s does not help. With them is: Healer or nothing.
Enabling more powerful and varied potions would be a great help to everyone in the game.

2 Likes

The [I hate my life build] in action:

1 Like

All classes with unique system need to rework, especially Sorcerer and Alchemist, they are half done product abandoned by devs

1 Like

Nice :o:

I totally agree with you!

Aehm, potions should heal at least 5k+ when they are level 15 potions.
The new level 15 potion[Link] heals 2765 HP on use + 2765 HP over 15 seconds, with 30 seconds CD time[=5530 HP recovered]. With more CON, you get a little boost onto that amount (i.e. 1% per 10 CON), so you can easily recover more than 6k per 30 seconds with decent equip/CON.

That means a 40k HP Dragoon can recover 13,825% of his total HP per 30 seconds, without calculating in any additional recovery via e.g. Squire buff foods/Aukuras/Natural HP recovery that’s readily available for ± everyone if he desires/requires it.

Once people stop facetanking monsters, they will find themselves healed enough with those options that are already ingame, especially the great burst healing that potions provide

About Alchemist damage: Alchemistic Missile is now a very strong skill (5500% damage every 18 seconds), so Alchemists don’t even need that Combustion skill anymore.

I agree,though, that Classes with unique systems like Oracle, Kabbalist & Alchemist should get some better readjustments to make them more useful in the game, not only in the town

I cannot craft more than 50 potions in a roll, the skill always stop working after a short time. Is it a bug or a feature?

1 Like