Tree of Savior Forum

Pet's weapon and armor slot

is there any way to check beforehand how many weapon/armor slot does a pet have?
i found this https://treeofsavior.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Companions
but i dont think it is up to date

meanwhile in game

There are very few people working on the Wiki right now, so it’s a little difficult to find all the required data to keep pages up-to-date.

I’ve already filled in the missing data on the Spotted Baby Pig thanks to your screenshot. If you have anything more to contribute, feel free to share them on the Wiki’s Discord, private message me, or make an account on the Wiki and add it in yourself.

2 Likes

so the pig has 2 slots each but Armadillo is still limited to 1 slot each? IMC needs to update all reward companions to 2/2 slots…

Baby Pig has 0 slot…

toucan has 1 weapon and 1 armor slot

weird, how did weapon affect pet stat again? in the picture above, bird patk is 17k, meanwhile the weapon patk is 20k
edit: found the answer

Some of this info is out of date. Mainly these:

• Gems do affect the pet. However gems on the armor do not affect its att.

• This has been changed.
  • If you want to min max, go for STR CON Evasion. If not, STR is fine.
  • There is no longer PAtk as a stat that can be gained on gear, so no point looking for it.
  • Crit rate only ever effected the pets auto attacks as far as my testing has concluded.
  • As I already stated before with crit.
  • All two-handed weapons are now equal in terms of average attack given to a pet. So just go with any two-handed weapon you can get or want to get.

Stats to look for to use for pet gear:

• Str (Stat that matters the most)
  • Con
  • Evasion

Here is some extra information:

• Pets HP do scale based on the level of the character they are equipped on.

P.S.
These are just non-enhanced, non-trancended purple level 430 cannons. So actually gearing the pet will do even more than what is shown.

Sorry for the big pics. I did it so you can see everything, also I play in 1920 x 1080 so…

3 Likes

for falconer’s toucan, need STR too?

Thank you for sharing your testings!

I would like to ask whether the damage from hunter’s skills takes into account 100% the pet’s atk (or 130% of pet’s atk with max att), or character’s attack plus 30% (with max att) of pet’s. I bet its the second option, due to the fact that crit rate (for example) is so low and ppl often do crit alot with pet (do they invest expensive primus dysnai ichors into pets???), but no clue onto it.

For Falconer pet, all you need is Str. This is because flying pets don’t ever take damage.

This.

Your pets crit rate doesn’t matter. Only your characters crit rate does.

Thx for mentioning this I forgot about Ichors.

As far as Ichors go, I haven’t tested many. However I can tell you that if it has a special effect, then it will not activate that effect. My testing for this was limited to:
https://tos.neet.tv/items/204122
The pet will take the stats it gives. So in terms of pricey Ichors, the stats I mentioned are what you’re looking for, which should be relatively easy to acquire (non-expensive).

Gems do affect the pets stats. However gems on the armor do not affect its att.

As you can see. I will add/edit my other post.

1 Like

hunter got 60% reduce crit resist debuff and falconer has minimum crit bonus attribute

Well, it shows CLEARLY that STR is added DIRECTLY into ATK, no conversion is made!! 723 base pet atk + 15208 average atk from weapon + 103 (STR from the fixed ichor) equals exactly to the pet atk of 16034. So STR is not a must for pets in the end, for players it grants more than 4 atk per point of STR, for pets its 1 per 1 only.

1 Like

does this affects character stats?

example:

my current damage output to monster is 50,000

can pet stat/equips can increase that 50k damge?

edited :slight_smile:

Well, any extra form of damage is still a must have, so…
An increase in damage is still an increase. Also, the way the damage formula calculates extra atk compared to an enemies defense, more atk increases damage exponentially, not linearly.
So also the Str increase is not as high as you would think it to be, Str is still a necessary stat.

Can you be more clear on what you are asking? Sorry if I do not understand what exactly you want from asking this question.

Yes, but that is only if you have the attribute:
https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/305012 for Hunters.
https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/310015 for Falconers
Note it only affects the skills the attribute says it affects.

does shield+ STR ichor affecting pet patk too?
and red gem not adding to patk, is that bug or normal?

If you use the Hawk which has a pathetic patk, using a spare shield with +STR will increase it by a lot, making the pet somewhat useful. Of course, it won’t be as effective as having a Toucan which can use a weapon instead, making it almost mandatory for any Falconer. And pet only benefits from raw patk/stats, so yeah gems/awakening/enchants don’t add to patk.

@megamanex14 So… about HP. It scales with the character level, so the Bonus HP while mounted its always the same? Even if we boost up the Pet HP?

It scales with your Character max health, its 10% if i m not mistaken.

Yes

I got this wrong. It was actually error on my part. However, gems on shield do not increase its att.

Yes this is true. Toucan is a huge dps increase for Falconer

I can’t answer this because I do not like mount classes, thus never tested with mount classes.

1 Like

Did not calculate everything there was in that discussion several weeks ago to see if you guys actually made it wrong, but since Gems add their atk directly to the SHOWN atk of your weapon and the pet gets the exact average of min+max atk of it -> red gems do in fact matter

1 Like

err… your cannons have different stats/ichor/anvil, try to put 1 red gem in right cannon and see the difference once again between right cannon empty and right cannon+1 red gem