Tree of Savior Forum

[Petition] Remove Indonesian Region Lock + My Experience

okay, let me start this off with the story of my own just a few days ago.

i’ve always been playing international server of almost every online game i’ve ever played, including league of legends, ragnarok and many many more and one day i tried downloading this FPS game from my own publisher (Indonesian publisher) called PB (Point Blank). i can literally screen shot you the add where PB staff says it’s cheat and bug free.

the statement in the ads goes like this “Cheat 1 kali ban selamanya” which means “cheating 1 times means permanent ban”. of course we would have faith seeing that, and after i finished downloading i immediately started playing just to be greeted by a person that throws infinite amount of granade and somehow got a headshot kills from all those granade.

also those granade teleported to your face, it’s not like the person has to try, it teleports right where you are. that’s basically the summary of indonesian publisher, time and time again i’ve experienced this and i know that this won’t change.

so i would like to ask you IMC in behalf of every Indonesian player there is, please remove Indonesian region lock, we are asking you, not telling you to. since we don’t know the reasoning behind region lock except for the fact that Indonesia might have bought the franchise. please consider this, we have waited long for ToS we even have our very own fansite for ToS.

thank you for listening to our petty petition, i hope IMC will consider it.
@Staff_Julie @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

edit : the adds “se” means 1 and “kali” means times. all in all means “once”.

Edit adding Second Story:

Alright it’s been a while and I still have hope that Indonesia might get released from the chain that is Gemscool, my second story is from a game called RF Online or Rising Force Online. in this game there are 3 race, Accretia, Bellato, and Cora if I remember correctly.

Accretia is a race of robots, bellato is a race of midget, cora is a race of elves or something like that. the advantage of being an Accretia is you got a rocket launcher weapon, and as you’ve probably know. Indonesian love and strive to cheat in MMO’s so they cheat engine RF online and make the rocket launcher shoots rocket so fast it’s almost as if it’s shooting a laser. it can instantly kill anything, solo an entire race if they are close together and solo dungeon or boss. not only that, those who uses this cheat usually use floating cheat too to make them walk on wind.

Alright, when I first played this game I had high hope since most of the Cheaters isn’t in low level ground so, the low level ground was pretty peaceful, when I got my Giant Machine called MAU which is Bellato’s specials. I was very happy that I show it off to everyone. this MAU is a very high health high damage weapon that is Unrepairable if destroyed. when I first set foot outside of bellato’s base I got rocket showered and my MAU instantly explodes. it killed my character and the accretia that does it tea bagged me.

I literally quit RF that day, stopped playing it all together even though I invest quite a lot of money for my age into that game. it’s crazy how people think cheating is fun. not that Indonesian publisher care as long as they can milk money out of their customer.

2 Likes

I think they mentioned a while ago that the game had been licensed over there before the international started being prepared. So they had that region restricted, unlike the brazilian version which was arranged after the beginning of International preparations.

i see so, basically it’s not possible? if yes then i guess that’s the end of my fight.

Ethan gave an official response about region locks. It doesn’t mention Indonesia, but IMC signed their deal with Kreon (the Indonesian publisher) back in July of 2015.

It is unfortunate, but there is little IMC can do about it now. I am not a lawyer, but I am fairly sure that if IMC were to back out of the deal that Kreon could sue for lost revenue.

it turns out you’re right about the kreon thing, they are the mother of the publisher that will release InToS so very sad.

to be honest i’ve known that they had struck an agreement i just wish it can be changed. a wish.

They won’t do that i think.
the best IMC can do is no IP restriction only when then game still not implement on Indonesia.

also i think there only few of Indonesia players in this forum.
This also ( few players ) can be nice reason tough to remove Indonesia IP restricted coz only small community don’t make different for Indonesia Publisher.

i think at this point, imc or gemscool won’t budge.

we can’t do anything to change it anymore. as sad as it sounds, i think we lost and we have to accept gemscool as our lord and savior.