Tree of Savior Forum

Petition: Nerf Missile Hole. A single Rank should NOT make entire classes from Rank 1 to 8 useless

Overall this is the expression of a sentiment everyone in this game and forum has, it can be expressed in the following words: IMC DEVELOP YOUR GAME.

It doesn’t matter if it creates an endless cycle, it has to. a development cycle creating changing improving <- the end goal.

Problem is, we probably aren’t heard and so we have these feedback threads turning into what you see here, little actual feedback.

1 Like

before leaving the forum, let me tell you one fact. Missle hole is only lv5 atm, wait till R9 releases and then all sages will have lv10 missile hole, try not to quit the game by then

1 Like

That’s exactly why I prefer to bring this issue now that balance talks are a thing than to leave it to later >.<

Do not expect IMC to nerf missle hole tbh, they wouldnt have invented this skill if they had a brain to concern about both PVP and PVE case. missle hole in PVP is just a class-ending skill or whatever how u call it, class-destorying skill maybe sounds better

Tbh, GMs in game already talked that Missile Hole is a problem. They know about it to some extend. I do hope they will adjust it to something good. It is simply because it is a class-ending/destroying skill that I think it should be reworked >.<

Note, again, that I don’t want to win matches by one-shotting everyone and “hey, I’m top X”, I do think that there should be counters to Archers but not as hard as doing no damage at all without any counter or viable way to remove. I’m glad something was done but it was from one extreme point to another, so…

It just needs to be able to be removed by Gohei imo.

2 Likes

Isn’t blind a counter? If I don’t recall badly you can use skills but cannot target and thus, no skills as an archer. but I can absolutely be wrong cause I haven’t been blinded as of late.

@Remiri while I agree that it should be moved to a Lv.1 buff (and that’s a huge improvement) I also think the duration should be reduced or the buff reworked. The reason is lack of drawback and too long duration.

As in: Get Marching Fire canceling almost all skills the Sage can cast, do the 16 hits (and enough damage worth of 150k on someone), 2 seconds later: Sage renews Missile Hole, you have your skills on cooldowns = same issue because 100% uptime.

But being able to be removed with Gohei, alone, would change things a lot, since the Sage is too far to renew buff on all party members (that’s the worse thing). I’d be glad to even have that adjustment only, if IMC ends up changing only that.

@Composition it kinda works as counter to archers but very few skills causes blind.

While I think Missile Hole needs a rework, I think I forgot to talk about it all along: I get killed by archers too, I’m not high con builds as well a lot of people. It does feels good “oh, I don’t die to that scout cannon”, but yeah, that’s only because he hits 1, if he could hit around 5-10k I would be careful instead of “I cannot die to that archer”.

@jchsc32 we finally got to non-hue posts, please…

take a break people, I picked up TESO the other day on its half off sale, hadnt played that in 2 years so it feels new, nice change of pace, these threads lately are out of control, ToF is fun to a point but that line was like 486 posts back

1 Like

Is there any reliable source of blind? because if it can be considered as a counter, perhaps it’s a little “fair” ?

I mean, if you say very few skill cause blind, well… only one skill causes “missile hole”

Anyway, what was your proposal to make missile hole not negate archers, but instead decrease their effectiveness?

For sure, one solution is to move MH to a Lv1 buff, but like you said, I think it is more relevant to deal with the skill duration.

1. Even if it is a lv 1 buff, you still need another class to counter it. This means there is still no reliable counter play for most archers.

2. It is much easier to give it the Blood Letting treatment. So MH is still relevant to the meta, but requires more timing to use effectively.

1 Like

I think that’s understandable though, but doesn’t mean it is acceptable.

A “I don’t die now” like you said is fine, but not for 100 seconds, I think it would be great to put it on the same duration scale as pain barrier, because I’m sure with R9 people will just pick sage to double their installations, get a perma missile immu and move on with this class, unlike swordsman 1-2-3 where you know the few seconds you gain on pain barrier are really valuable, and it is far from being as powerful…

That’s the point that disturbs me with this class, not only PvP-wise.

I don’t mind, tbh I don’t see much sages in PvP, neither I do it often because I’m on Fedimian and servers other than Klaipeda are only there for GvG fleetipi.

I also don’t understand why Miko shouldn’t be able to disable this buff, I mean it’s their purpose, and it’s a hidden class, not like they’ll be able to improve their “removing buff” speciality.
And it’s Tree of Cleric… Like, a cleric that can’t do something? Wtf rito IMC?

1 Like

I mean, some blind effects are caused by Cannoneer’s Smoke Grenade and for Rogue’s Lachrymator (stationary area effect) and there are other sources such as Bokor’s Hexing+Effigy and Warlock’s Dark Theurge (single target, attack-induced).

But blind alone rarely works as counters to any class because low duration and status immunity.

@Composition That’s the whole point. Even something so low as 1-10% damage thru Missile Hole allowing knockback effects can make it usable. Even being removable by Gohei already changes a LOT of scenarios.

@Lionly Totally agree with you on both points. Especially 2) since Missile Hole is basically buff & forget right now.

@Aotsuke Totally agree too with Immunity is okay, as long it’s not 100% uptime like that (it kinda feels ok if you were a Sage C3 and buff duration = cooldown (=<30-50s), where you can forget to renew/need to be near people).

Missile hole will be nerfed when Ausrine and r7 get nerfed, never.
No hope, only tears.

1 Like

I honestly hope they so don’t nerf missle hole just so you can cry more on the forums and keep making essay long responses.

3 Likes

That’d be nice to put on your resume: Look, I can write stuff! proof

1 Like

I still die to archer in TBL. Missile Hole is countered by CC and working with your teammates. " TEAM BATTLE LEAGUE"

Mind explaining how? :3

Man anyone remember the status arrow RO had?
I though fletcher would be the class that made them. quickly realized I was wrong. Then I though fletchere would be the class to utilize them, sorta?

Archer needs a tap of button silence. why fletcher, why you’d miss your mark by a mile? your silence attribute is so not worth it!

I dont know about your build but bleeding and poison go through Missile Hole.

How about rolling an actual pvp archer?