Tree of Savior Forum

[petition] add shield guard to paladin attributes

Every player aiming for Paladin doesn’t want to become a caster, but it’s hard since he doesn’t have many options to begin with, not to mention you have to level Cleric/Priest/Krivis to get to Paladin, none of those rely on auto attacks or scale well with physical stats like STR/CON/DEX

My proposal is to simply add the “Shield Guard” attribute, or “Two-handed Swords” attribute to give the paladin more of a Holy-Warrior identity, and more viable build paths.

#MAKE PALADIN GREAT AGAIN

#STRAWPOOLL
http://strawpoll.me/7107204

I think paladin doesn’t really need more defensive utility, I feel like they need more offensive things.

You can pick up stone skin as a priest and your pally will have pretty high block, it’d be a little insane if pally had its own block attributes (especially something like guard which makes stone skin even more ridiculous)

So you think he could benefit more with “USE TWO-HANDED SWORDS” ?

You can combo that with this attribute to boost paladin DPS.

Paladins need a taunt not a shield guard lol

havent palading been buffed alot lately?
and i dont think clerics need any more help at this point xD

especially if it makes swordmans obsolete in a group

I think if paladins had a taunt, there would be 0 reason to be a swordsman tank.

3 Likes

i want bow att for swordsman… just it. And gime stone skins too -_-

Accept all of the reasons to be a swordsman tank like damage reduction and such but hey what do i know. =P

Not saying it would be as good as swashbuckling or anything.

Paladin has that already, barrier is actually even better since not only does it make it so monsters cant reach your party, everyone in your party gets bonus mdef, and they can pick up priest for bonus block.

If anything, they’d have the best mitigation, especially with the ability to heal.

The only reason they are not a better tank, is because they don’t have a taunt.

Except.

The physical defense you get from Swordsman tree is very small compare to monsters’ damage output.

With a well-placed Barrier Paladin essentially have 100% reduction by never having to take a hit anyway.

Don’t rodels get magic immunity? I ran dungeon groups with paladin tanks and swordie tanks with me as the healer.

I found it worlds easier to keep the swordie tank alive, even tho the pally was full CON.

I think pally tank looks good on paper, but pretty meh in execution.

In execution it’s pretty good as seen by the parties that have cleared many floors of earth tower using paladin skills for survivability, and the tank literally only using swash buckling to bring mobs to the barrier (which of course, if a pally had a taunt, there would be 0 reason for that swordsman).

It was easier for you to keep the swordsman alive in dungeons, because currently they can have full mob control with taunt. It makes sense that you had difficulty healing a paladin tank, because they are not a tank.

Rodeleros get magic immunity, but again, thats only good on paper. They move much too slowly to do anything, and still wouldn’t compare to being able to self heal and have full physical immunity with barrier along with magic def for your entire party.

Yeah I guess that isn’t really pally ‘tank’ persay, more of a support role. Eh, just throwin ideas out there.

Swordie must be in a pretty meh position if all they offer is a skill in rank 2 of their tree.

I would rather them add two handed blunt weapons into the game. Then only allow classes like Paladins and Monks be able to use them.

Yeah, they are in a pretty meh position and only offer either the ability to taunt (therefore tank), or situational things, but are pretty bad in comparison to the other 3 classes.

Hopefully after they finish buffing the other classes, they take a look at swordsman again. But my bet is, their fix will be to just add useful rank 8 classes.

i am a peace with the paladin because if they buff its defensive-ness, more swordsmen will lose their job as tankers, their only role in game.

Idk, I think Paladins are just meant to be Healers in this game, and sent to supportive-only roles, I don’t think Shield Guard would make it any better or worse.

I think it could use a shield-guard, no taunt tho. Swordsman will do the tanking and in case there’s no Tank a Paladin can do somewhat offtanking, nothing too good, but that provides somewhat reasonable survivability, basically just able to raise the shield and block.

Also, give purpose to using a shield, since everyone will probably use Arde Daggers.

But classic paladin is shield+bastard sword, not 2H sword.

Also paladin is in a very good spot already, let swordsmen be tanks (because it’s the only thing they are able to do better then others).