Tree of Savior Forum

[Peltasta] Tank, What classbuild and stats? Help!

true

swash buckling lv5 is good enough, also swordsman got that passive provoke attribute

other classes got armor break

this is not reason enough for me to get pelta3, other classes got more dmg oriented skills

ofc pve leveling is easy to everybody except full support clerics

21 > 11 :frowning:

If it was to do damage I would never go to Tank char :v

i said 11 is good enough not 11 > 21

you pointed out skills that made dmg, other classes that got tank skills got better dmg skills

I pointed skills that have damage cause they are the only options you have when you go full tank, they are never go be High DPS oriented but are enough to make your life easier.

Yep, you don’t said that 11 > 21… It can be enough for ppl that won’t go full CON or ppl that are off-tank. But if you wanna go full Tank then why not max the best skill?

I just think that is funny cause most of ppl like to build off-tank chars, then when someone want to make a FULL TANK, always appear someone that say “no no no, don’t go Full Tank”. Why this? :V

1 Like

i like sword / pelt 1 / hop 3 / dopple / templar

3str/2con. the cyclone works really well for some extra damage and aggro holding. full con is overkill imo.

when did pelta3 dmg skills became the only option you have when you go full tank

bec of the current state of tanking in game
thing is, you could tank even with out swashbuckling

read the part about tanking

Pull Aggro =/= Tank

Oh that guide talking about Tanks… he he he

it talks about everything swordsman

and yet you went pelta3?

Sorry Bro, I’ll won’t follow a guide that is focused on DPS player vision and gameplay.

But anyone can feel free to follow this ‘ultimate guide’ :slight_smile:

if you really want to turn a blind eye on facts and faqs so be it

“Facts” HEHEHEHE. I’ll be Blind then.

Keep loving that guide, nobody will judge you for that <3

when you re roll a tank youll remember me
and when that happens ill be there for you :couple_with_heart:

How does tanking work if you don’t have enough damage to keep the enemies attacking you… I suppose if you where a full CON tank with C3 Peltasta you could just run in, taunt everything and cycle knock-back abilities too keep the enemies from hitting your heavy damage dealers

This won’t happened to me (o:

somebody got too fond of the convenience swashbuckling lv 15 provides, thats the main problem here

@aolgado1

You are just wasting your time, he doesn’t understand that a “tank” could be a different concept in a game rather than his own perspective of the concept.

@martonvb

I would advise you to keep on doing more research and to not follow any advise without questioning it first and comparing it with other sources of information. This includes not blindly following advise from Autentist, me or any other players.

You should take each opinion with a grain of salt and see why the overall player base is preferring to play one way or another. This way you can conclude whether or not the build you are planning will be the right choice for you or not.

Just be aware the sometimes the information you find comes from theory-crafters, players who never tried other builds or simply are not experienced enough with the game to understand the advise they are giving.

2 Likes

@martonvb
Yeah, watch out from forum player that only do theory-craft!

But you know… I’m just a “theory-crafter” :V

That was the only image that I got from the Closed Beta, but I went more far =)
My party mates was always safe :slight_smile:
(Same Build, but Langort don’t existed on Closed Beta. About the other things nothing else changed on Peltasta ^-^)
Good Luck on your Game o/

He can afford to go pure CON because he has people to do the damage for him. When you are leveling solo pre level 100 pure CON works. When you start getting past 100-150 the game gets tougher and pure CON as a solo player is NOT… NOT going to work. Well its doable but you will be so slow in everything that you’ll give up over time.

There are a lot of players coming from other MMO’s that play tanks as there main classes and want to continue that here. However what people need to understand is you will spend 80-90% of your play time either questing or grinding. Both of these things are BETTER WITH DAMAGE. Both go faster and smoother if you can help provide damage to your team. Can you go full CON and flail your wet noodle arm around or just block all day… sure. Will it do much to help anyone other then yourself, no.

Tanking in ToS is not the same as it is in many other mmo’s. Trying to bend it to your style of play just leaves you as a weaker product. Do you have a TON of health and are harder to kill, you bet! Does the harder content require a tank like that, nope!

Lets get something straight. SB will hold threat. It keeps threat long enough to keep almost everything on you. If a DPS blows everything on a single target SB will not hold it, but at higher levels if they do that the mob is already dead, so it’s a moot point.

So whats the problem? Well most of the content is based around timed spent and most of the challenge is set around doing something in a set time or protecting something. Both of these scenarios are benefited by a tank who does something OTHER then just aoe taunt and block. People don’t get it, because in almost any other mmo your job as the tank is to hold threat, and stay alive. That’s your whole damn job, it’s all your responsible for! ToS however does not require massive HP pool tanks to survive so when you are focused on 100% survival you are HURTING your team. You provide NOTHING beyond a taunt. Which anyone with a rank or two in Peltasta can provide.

To sum this up and get to my point. If you are playing with friends and want to be a giant useless HP wall because it makes you feel good then do it. However if you are a solo player or a player who wants to be the best “tank” they can for their group then grab some STR and some damage skills and start helping the group progress at the best rate possible. You’ll learn pretty fast that not only is a massive HP pool not needed, other players will get tired of you not pulling enough weight by just blocking or flailing a less useful full CON build around.

FULL tank in this game is not full CON. Its balancing CON with damage to do the “FULL” job. Not just the defense half of it. In the end do whatever you like. I see people all the time in game with screwed up builds and gear and I never say a word because I don’t want to rain on anyone’s idea of fun. However as someone who has been playing the “tank” roll in games for over 20+ years I offer this. Each game has its own system and style. Your job as the tank is to be the best tank you can be for your party each and every time. Even if that means playing differently then the way you assume a tank SHOULD be.

Good luck friends!

4 Likes

What about full CON build in PVP, GVG, and upcoming structured GVG?
sword>pelt>hop>cata C3>templar build
Main focus is to move fast around the battlefield, calling guild mates, engaging enemies and destroy tower. Doesn’t need high damage because all damage dealt to tower is 1, cata 3 has many AOE knockdown skill and impaler to disable enemies. At higher level evasion rate won’t be as high as lower level because ppl will put points into STR and CON so accuracy will be higher (bonus from gems and upgraded gloves help too). Also be able to withstand great damage, not dying quickly, larger HP healed because heal is scaled by HP percentage.
What do you think?

langort is really useful?
this skill base dmg is so low
lv1: 150dmg
or just take lv1 to get the silence attribute?

and you know about shooting star?
in tosbase it says lv1: 300dmg…
300 dmg is the full shooting star combo or 300 each hit?