Tree of Savior Forum

[Peltasta] Tank, What classbuild and stats? Help!

Hello everyone!
I just started to make a Peltasta. I really like the idea of going as a Tank in dungeons and party’s. My question to you guys is, what would be the best Class-build to go with? I would prefer to be a Templar at the end.

Also, I heard alot of different things about skill-builds aswell. I would like to max out Swashbuckling as much as I can, but i’m not sure about the rest of the skills.

About stats I was thinking a little bit of STR and mostly Con? Would SPR be usefull at all?

Hi, I’m Peltasta Full tank (FULL CON - Peltast C3, lvl 120)

About the status avoid SPR, Its useless.
Are you playing with a party or alone?

Thanks for the reply!

For now i’m alone. Will be looking for parties as soon as there are some. I’m only lvl 28 now so no real hardships in lvling up. In fact, its really fast. All I do is swashbuckle an entire room, and kill everything.

So you are full CON, nothing else? What Pelt c1 offensive skills do u use?

I’m Full CON, cause I’m a guild leader, so my guild mates help me leveling and doing stuff together, but almost anything on normal maps I could solo.

I don’t got any offensive skills at Peltasta 1 and 2, Just maxing the SwashBuckler and the High Guard when I could.
A lot of ppl like to use the High Guard > Umbo Blow Combo.
Its a preferrence.

I don’t use that combo, cause for me the most important thing is the Multihit Skills on Peltasta 3.

If you getting trouble to level you can level the Umbo Blow to help.

I maxed Butterfly, Langort and Umbro Thrust. to do a little damage.
The most important thing is to get a good Sword and Mace and keep auto-attacking them.

About my CON yep, Only CON and nothing else.
Ppl say to Mix Con with Dex or Str, I don’t sure, Cause for me “If its to play a Full Tank, I’ll go do a Full Tank, don’t matter what happens”.

But I things theres some guides spreaded on the forum about that, but ON MY PERSONAL OPNION, they are bullshit when talking about tanks. XD

Always try to buy the Pardoner Buffs, they HELP A LOT. When I started there was no Pardoner buffs =(.

2 Likes

sword>pelt>hoplite>cataphract C3>templar with full CON stat
tanky and mobile, very suitable for guild leader

Screenshots and everything, awesome! I really apreciate the effort you are willing to put into a newbie. With this build, was questing hard at all? Solo, i mean. I just finnished a Monk, and the road to Monk was rather tricky, since the cleric classes don’t really scale well with a STR build.

With pure CON did u have any problems killing mobs?

Also, So far my class-build looks like this: Peltasta

I don’t got Guardian, I think lvl 1 is enough (If you put Dex on your build for the Attribute)

I only got problems on the mobs that has pierce weakeness but once you get a Spiked Mace (Blunt Weapon that has Pierce Attack Modifier) your life go be more easier.
ALWAYS BUY the pardoner buffs when you can, they boost A LOT your damage.

Just some bosses was a pain to kill (Mostly Magic Damagers, since you can’t block Magic, so you need to avoid the non seeker magic damage)

I just finished Mage Tower, it was not so painfull the map is frustrating with a lot of Knockbacks but its not “impossible”, now that I left that stupid map my life goes back to the “easy mode” :stuck_out_tongue:

Hah, there’s always hard and easy maps i guess. Was the same with my STR cleric :stuck_out_tongue: So you think I should hold on to my Pelt skillpoints untill I’m c2-c3? All I have right now is lvl 5 swashbuckler and didnt put points into anything else yet.

you may also want to consider
peltasta1: cause pelta 2n3 doesnt give much compared to other classes at that rank
hoplite: got a buff to increase your block rate in % with 0 donwtime if you go c2
rodelero2: got magic immunity for 10 sec with 18 sec downtime, or you can just run from avoidable magic atks
cata: mounting gives you additional hp

No need to hold them, but its really great to reach Rank 2 and max taunt and High Guard, and on Rank 3 you can MAX everything that is must have. =P

@aolgado1 How about sw>pelt>pelt>hop>cata>cata>Temp?

Hoplite: for izi level.
Rodelero 2 : For magic immunity and CC.
Cata: More HP due to Mount.

All good options, but…
Peltasta C3: Pulling the aggro of 21~22 mobs is really great on good parties you can fast clear the dungeons :).
Armor Break on Umbro Thrust.
Silence on Langort (The pierce damage is amazing for a full tank and its has 3x multi hit).
And Butterfly with a really good Hibrid Slash+Blunt damage for PvE.
If you going to full tank they are good enough to make your life A LOT easier.

1 Like

@martonvb idk bruh

i think its better if i link you to this
read the authors post 1st then read his replies on question then ask a question yo self

true

swash buckling lv5 is good enough, also swordsman got that passive provoke attribute

other classes got armor break

this is not reason enough for me to get pelta3, other classes got more dmg oriented skills

ofc pve leveling is easy to everybody except full support clerics

21 > 11 :frowning:

If it was to do damage I would never go to Tank char :v

i said 11 is good enough not 11 > 21

you pointed out skills that made dmg, other classes that got tank skills got better dmg skills

I pointed skills that have damage cause they are the only options you have when you go full tank, they are never go be High DPS oriented but are enough to make your life easier.

Yep, you don’t said that 11 > 21… It can be enough for ppl that won’t go full CON or ppl that are off-tank. But if you wanna go full Tank then why not max the best skill?

I just think that is funny cause most of ppl like to build off-tank chars, then when someone want to make a FULL TANK, always appear someone that say “no no no, don’t go Full Tank”. Why this? :V

1 Like

i like sword / pelt 1 / hop 3 / dopple / templar

3str/2con. the cyclone works really well for some extra damage and aggro holding. full con is overkill imo.

when did pelta3 dmg skills became the only option you have when you go full tank

bec of the current state of tanking in game
thing is, you could tank even with out swashbuckling

read the part about tanking

Pull Aggro =/= Tank

Oh that guide talking about Tanks… he he he