Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta, high guard suggestion

my suggestion, which would go a long way to fixing the peltasta class, is too merge high guard and guardian. most people will only get one point in guardian for the evade buff, or not even that; and 3 for the damage bonus on high guard. and most people who want to build for defence will go with 1 rank, and then circle 3 off hop for the block% on finesta -there’s no advantage to sticking with peltast except roleplay reasons.
the new high guard skill will be circle one and have 15 levels;

+160 to 300 block
-50% attack
-10 to 150 crit
30 too 100 seconds, +5 each level

circle one attribute:same damage to rim and umbo blow
circle two attribute:+5% block, 2% evade [5 levels]

that’s my suggestion. a small buff to block, and the attribute to make them at least as good at tanking as p1>hop3!
thanks.

Then no one will take 1 point in it because of the -50% attack :smile:

That’s the biggest reason it’s not worthwhile - tanky DPS is far more useful than a pure tank atm. So you just made yourself far less useful by gimping your own DPS, for a defensive buff that’s not really worth it.

I mean heck, look at priest’s stone skin - the ENTIRE party gets a huge block buff, with no detriment except that it can’t have 100% uptime. High Guard should be the same, a self target block buff that has maybe 30% uptime, with no detrimental effects ( maybe you move slower during it? ).

i guess what they want with high guard is that you get a huge cut in power, but you have two skills that are over powered to make holding and blocking enemies somewhat worthwhile. you can get off 4 decent skills every 12 seconds [with overheat] if you have enough block and you time it right.