Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta High Guard Bug

I posted this in the old ToS forum back in iCBT 2, but I was wondering if anybody would know if this issue is already/will be resolved in kToS:
Back in iCBT2 the bonus damage from High Guard was bugged. In short, while the numbers were properly being multiplied by the High Guard attribute applied to Umbo Blow and Rim Blow, the actual damage values were still being penalized by the 50% attack drop. I made a video documenting my findings here:

So basically, while the attribute is properly giving the damage penalties for everything, it wasn’t properly applying the bonus attribute damage to Umbo Blow. Anyone who’s played kToS know if this was fixed?

If i’m correct it will “magically” fix that bug with level up Umbo Blow Enhance.

At iCBT 2…

Weird, I remember investing into the enhance attribute, but I think that was before I picked up the ones for High Guard. At least that’s something I can do even if the bug itself has yet to be resolved for whatever reason.

Are you sure it’s a bug? The attribute doesn’t say that it removes the -50% to atk for umbo/rim blow.

It doesn’t, but if you look at the numbers being displayed in the video then you will notice something is definitely wrong.

It’s the test 4, where he has high guard + umbo block bonus.

The number shows over 5000 damage total, but the Wheelen only seem to lost about 1500 HP or so.

But then his second umbo right after get the 250% overkill (doing proper 5000 damage)

That’s the strangeness he’s talking about.

Investing all my funds into Umbo Blow Enhance the last few day of iCBT 2.
( level 0 to level 50 )

That’s why i have overkill picture…
( pretty sure i can alway overkill in group of mob…)

And that just iCBT 2 testing and too many test that i can’t remember except special one.

Huh, no kidding. I knew something was wrong with those numbers yet I never figured it out xD.

Can confirm the bug was there, I also made a video about it in the past.

I’m watch over your video again and i think you make a mistake on High Guard + Umbo Blow combo.

1st see this.

“Blocking” provides additional damage on “staggered” enemies.

You making a right “Blocking” but wrong at "staggered"enemies.

So…
By my view it just showing bug number only…

I think i’m specific detail on High Guard + Umbo Blow combo.

iCBT 2 testing.

Fail with Bug number show up.

1.use High Guard.
2.hold C for defend.
3.mob attack you and your block pop up.
4.use Umbo Blow.

Success with Overkill show up.

1.use High Guard.
2.hold C for defend.
3.mob attack you and your block “didn’t” pop up.
4.use Umbo Blow.

For me, at least it work perfect fine overkill.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.