Tree of Savior Forum

Patch launcher closes but no game

Well holy ■■■■ my friend, that actually worked.

I uninstalled AVAST Antivirus. Tried to start it up again, same Arranging Files crash.

So after uninstalling I verified the cache and tried again, this time it actually loaded.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy who says “verify your cache” but try that after uninstalling. Mine got stuck at Arranging Files again until I did that.

Tried it, doesn’t work…

Also tried to replace faulty DLLs again… still nothing. Gonna reformat and install Windows 10.

If THAT doesn’t work then I’ma have to choke somebody :rage:

and there it is!
after 3 days trying everything i can play. a special tanks to @guisola who gaves the ideia about anti virus, and @heilsigmar, the cache helps. tank you guys.

Yeah i can honestly say it worked perfectly , unnistal my ant virus , check cache after that and was ready to go , even tho for some reason in the first try i got the error from something about cant download file list or something but it got fix in the second try , ty!

For other ppl i do suggest to do the same , maybe install the full game again since if the ant virus was the problem could have block some files in the download

Same antivirus (AVG free) different PC works just fine without adding to exceptions.

I have also solved my problem… by installing Windows 10.

Dunno what changed, but yeah…

My game closed today and i’m having this problem with the launcher closing but no client poping up. Tried to validate files but no avail (it always find the 14 files) Im reinstaling the game now. Also, i tried to replace the xml files.

I also use no anti-virus so i can disable anything. Tried the firewall but it didnt help.

try to update your directx, or change the dll files as somo players said in another topic

I already tried everything in other topics

A complete reinstall (both steam and game) in another location solved the problem for me

Hi guys i solved it change a windows not unicode language change to japan.

Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale. Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the language, and then click OK.

To restart your computer, click Restart now.

u need a install japanese pack from windows update to change it maybe u try another language.

Thank you! This idea worked for me! I uninstalled my anti-virus program and now ToS finally works!

Although… After I reinstalled my anti-virus program, it just blocks ToS again. Even when I added tos.exe and client_tos.exe and even the entire ToS folder to the exception list and tried to temporarily disable it. The program in question is Avast, and right now I don’t know if I should look for another anti-virus program or wait until there’s a fix (whether on ToS, Steam or Avast’s side…) I don’t like the idea of having to uninstall anti-virus stuff just to play one game…

This is it! No matter what I do despite adding stuff to the exception list it never worked, it’s the anti-virus itself that was the problem.
Something in that april 19th patch caused the anti-virus to completely block TOS.
I actually had to uninstall avast and reinstall it, cuz once tos was blocked by avast, I honestly had no idea how to remove it. It was also not included in the virus vault.

Pardon but anyone figure out which one of this actually works the wonder so far…? Surprisingly I don’t have any of this issues on this thread since my CBT until well, around yesterday.

I start facing this Launcher opening up and then closing and then silent treatment.

Been playing since the first day of release with no issues till today, it just wont launch ever since the latest update.

Any ideas which actually works wonders cause i tried a lot of method from everywhere and none work for me. Am i the only one now or some are still suffering?

Finally made it work after 4 days of trying everything in forums!!! So i deleted the entire treeofsavior folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common) and got a copy of this from my friend to replace it uninstalling it didnt work btw finally able to play HUHU all those time lost!!

My wife started to have this afternoon this issue. Was playing by morning normally then hells break loose.

We are now about to try the antivirus and dll stuff. If nothing helps, will try the delete+paste another folder (since that at my pc the game keeps running ok).

Anyone with this issue at the last few hours?

think this happens at random did it work now?

This worked for me:

Delete all xml files in patch folder, then verify cache.