Tree of Savior Forum

Passive skills please! =)

I understand that active skills are flashy and “fun”, but many mmorpg classes are identified by the powerful passive skills they have access to.

With the path the game is taking we will have access to far too many active abilities. Now currently every skills caps at 5, 10, 15 (depending on circle), all “passive” are either active buffs (keep in mind the buff limit) or are essentially free as attributes.

I do not understand why all skills must have several ranks, some skills are obviously only worth investing one point, but it gives the misconception that investing could improve the ability.

Several buffs, especially personal buffs, are actives. This continues to clutter our limited button configuration and also further exacerbates the buff limit.

The few passive that exist in their proper form are bought essentially for free as class attributes, most of which are at first circle…

Why not give some additional class identity by having passive that can be invested in or passed?

A wizard/cleric class with a passive so recovery skill at circle 2.

A swordsman class that has a chance to double attack on swing.

Move the bonus critical damage from Highlander to a passive skill to invest in.

A wizard class that can take a passive to make spells crit with critical chance scaling off spirit.

Again, you are creative on your own, but I feel awkward and disjointed only getting active skills.

4 Likes

I somewhat felt the same. Attributes are kinda our passives but those arent’t real passive skills those just strengthening active ones… There are some unique attributes and we could have more of those too…but at the end I still agree and think we would be better with some real passive skills…

1 Like

I agree too …But its a shame there’s no way they’re gonna change things now…The game is almost done :cry: but we can allways hope :sweat_smile:

this game is not for the “slow hands” type of gamers :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Isn’t really about being “slow”, is about having the ability to make actual decisions when making a character.

Attributes are nice and I do like them, but some attributes would be better placed as passive skills.

Plus, think of all the useless active skills they flood classes with to add “choices”.

well this is what i liked in this game. You can make your own unique build or you can just make skills without thinking for next advanced classes. I noticed some skills are just “bait” to waste your skill points. But some skills have good synergies to next advanced classes. The game wont “spoon fed” a perfect specific build to be followed by all players which is just way too boring (imagine if all players used same skills like you do in party when grinding or pvp). I liked the idea of the game very challenging and so many puzzle to solve. You will not just play but rather think as well :slight_smile:

lol no matter how fast is your hands if your character needs to rebuff you will also stop dps

Hi Saviors. Thanks for the update. I understand that this could definitely make the game a lot more convenient for players, while being able to maximize the use of all the skills that a class has to offer. I’ll forward this to our dev team so that they can read through it. Can’t promise anything though! At the end of the day, they’ll be the ones calling the shots on the game features.

4 Likes

I have been noticed! Thank you! ^^

thanks for that we really dont need for that many active skills as the ranks goes up those early active skill will be forgoten such a waste of points make some passive that all ranks can benefit

Now if I could just get them to notice my other threads about scaling, earlier class options and capped skills getting bonus benefits. Heheh.

scout at rank 2 =) it would be great

I totally agree with this post , all the classes skills being active seems too weird and can be a problem at higher lvl ranking , especialy with the buff limitation system.
Loved the ideas you used as an example on how passive skills could work too.