Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner build, help the fam out

suggestions?

Will I have trouble questing solo?
am I going for too many buffs/debuffs?

Ideally I’m going for having a good selection of scrolls to make/sell along with being able to sell buffs and keep up the charity box whenever I’m not partying up. Because of oblation, I’m taking one point indulgentia, but is oblation’s scaling enough for 1 point to be viable? Will I be able to help groups out or do I need to go full on HEALS for that to happen?

I’m just looking for something that can work and be fun, because whats more fun than having a begging station?

If you have any questions as to why I took certain skills please dont be afraid to ask!

Firstly, go read this in depth guide on pardoner functions if you haven’t already:

!This is all under the assumption that nothing changed in relation to pardoners yet.!

Basically it means there’s a few reasons to go pardoner, Simony + Spell Shop being the most unique and profitable and that they have to be built differently.
Otherwise Indulgentia is just not something i would build for, it’s 2 ranks for one skill that most other classes will outdamage based on the number of hits alone. Still it’s a nice bonus for those going pardoner anyway.

For your build specifically though, it should work fine. But it’s just going to lose in competition to other pardoners (esp when they sell lvl 11 scrolls and you sell lvl 10) and other damage dealers. I’d say pick one area to specialize in or it’s not worth it imo.

Which is also why i’ll list the 3 pardoner builds i would advise, as they shouldn’t be outperformed by other pardoners at least.

Build variant 1, Spell shop Pardoner: Cleric, Priest3, Pardoner2.
All that matters for spell shop is a high skill lvl and access to r2 pardoner. Since it currently only works with aspersion, blessing and sacrament the choice is already made for you really. Best used as a str or str/con build imo.

Build variant 2, Oracle pardoner: Cleric, Anything3, Pardoner, Oracle.
Simply put, the oracle scrolls can only be sold as lvl 5 or lvl 6 scrolls due oracle being r6. Currently at least. Meaning any build that ends with pardoner/oracle can still benefit from being a seller class with a large amount of flexibility.
You can go str or str/dex with priest3, full support in any combo or even full int with krivis3 and still level quite nicely.

Build variant 3, regular pardoner: Cleric2, Krivis1, (Priest1 or Paladin1), Pardoner2.
Just focus on r10 simony + pardoner2 to make the best scrolls for anyone else to enjoy. Should ensure maximum profit. Leveling it will be quite annoying though.
Cleric 2 offers divine might and lvl 11 scrolls, which is incredibly good for pardoners.
Priest1 offers monstrance only in scroll form. But it does grant resurrection which is a very nice utility skill to have for groups.
Krivis1 offers daino, zalciai, aukuras and zaibas scrolls. And absolute must for any pardoner build imo.
Paladin1 offers Smite, Restoration and turn undead. Which i’m not sure if they’re that useful. But sounds nice ish.
Statwise not much matters, you’ll have both int and str scaling skills, But do expect to auto attack a lot. str/int might be decent choice.

I was looking toward being more support with the damage being sort of a plus, or to simply help with leveling when parties are not available

also what is scaling with str? dont krivis and cleric spells scale with int/spr?
I’m liking the 3rd build the most as I just dont that tiny bit of damage to help me along and seems close to what I was looking toward anyways.
Does divine might actually work with making scrolls? It seems kind of lackluster on its own.

Basically anything that deals physical dmg is affected by str, and dex increases it’s crit chance.
For clerics that’s Carve, Smite, Conviction and all monk attack skills.
Priest and krivis technically don’t scale directly with str but their buffs greatly benefit str builds. Krivis helps crit chance and dmg, making it great for partial dex builds. But zaibas is a great int dmg skill.

Spr scales with aspersion(dmg), turn undead +attribute(undead kill chance), deprotected zone(debuff), zalciai(buff+debuff) and monstrance(debuff). Which mostly benefits str or str+dex more.

Int should scales with every spell, so cure, heal, zaibas, excorcise for these builds… and you won’t have excorcise and zaiabas at the same time anyway.

Last i heard divine might boosts Simony, which is the only reason why i’d recommend it atm. Hopefully they buff it a bit someday soon. Cleric is really lackluster atm.

Your build is fine, though some changes can be made.

• Optionally, you can have more levels in Cure for another magic DPS skill. Yes, Cure does deal damage, but not to flying enemies. (Bosses excluded)
  • Zaibas is a great DPS skill, so I’d recommend leveling it more.
  • C1 Priest is a bit lackluster. No comments on it though.
  • Your build is mostly useless with Spell Shop, as you can only put in a Lv 5 Aspersion and Lv 5 Blessing. I personally would not buy any buffs from you, to be frank.
  • Simony is fine with that build. Refer to the list below. (Source)

Simony; The list of skills you can turn into scrolls with Simony has been adjusted as follows:
Current available skills: Cure, Deprotected Zone, Aukuras, Zalciai, Daino, Monstrance, Restoration, Turn Undead, Barrier, Arcane Energy, Clairvoyance, Forecast

• More levels in Increase Magic DEF wouldn’t hurt.

Thank you Kiyoshiro, no offense taken lol, you made a good point. I’m quite new to the game so I’m trying to take this all in. For pardoner I dropped spell shop for more points into increased magic defense. As for priest I dropped it and replaced it with c2 cleric for access to divine might (for simony). As for krivis what is an okay Daino level to have? I’m ignorant when it comes to that skill, and if I want to have higher zaibas I’m guessing the points will have to come out from either that or zalciai as divine stigma seems too good to not have capped.Is a point in fade worth looking into?

moved c2 kirvis to the 3rd spot as to allow me to have some of that nice zaibas damage asap
I’m looking toward a 2:1 int/spr build for now, for some sp regen
thanks everyone for helping!

Really Neat build! You can take one point off deprotection zone/cure and put up one in fade, you never know when you are going to die and need to fall back, sometimes the statues are just too far you see.

Daino level 5 is just okay, won’t sustain all buffs depending on what party you are in but it’s alright. You will give 3 buffs to your party and they can still buff themselves without being suffocated(this has happened to me as a priest so many times, I tried to cast blessing but NOPE)