Tree of Savior Forum

Pain Barrier interaction with attack speed

Did they remove the interaction of pain barrier and attack speeed?

Since the update, I attack slow as hell even with pain barrier, even though ing is still the same.
It’s almost the same as not using pain barrier.
Check out the difference:

Pre update:

Post update:

1 Like

PB never increased AS, maybe it was bug and now it’s fixed.

It did not increase attack speed, but it used to remove the flinch effect whenever you hit an enemy. This was causing characters to attack slower when hitting mobs vs when attacking air.

1 Like

Oh i thought i lagged

2 Likes

Thought so too. until I noticed nothing else delayed.
I need to know if this is intentional as it’s affecting my build. They destroyed my dreams of creating a 2H sword speedster XD.

I bet even Dev’s don’t know how it’s intended, this feature/bugs just happen accidentally without their intention to do so, i’m 100% sure they just changed some other part of code with absolutely different intention and this nerf is just a side effect.

6 Likes

I tested several times with dummies and saalus boss, this is true, now pain barrier doesn’t remove flinch effect :c

2 Likes

This makes dex worse for swordsmen now if this is going to be a permanent change :S
Looks like I also need to change my entire build and just go with meta…

Anyone knows if this problem exists in the korean servers??

Interesting, as I also have my build revolving around cards that involve a GG card for this specifically. If they did fix this interaction, it does change quite a lot for some builds

It is an unexpected bug, and if they did fix it then nothing we can do about it and just play as we are supposed to…

feels unfair now, only archers and wizzies have the right to go ham with attack speed :confused: