Tree of Savior Forum

Overpriced Repairs scam

• Reason for report : Overpriced Repairs scam

• Server : Fedimian

• Team Name : My nickis Ram-Izad and nick of scamer is FatherSonico

• Approximate date / time (EDT) : 2018-04-16 13:12 [poland] Europe GTM 11:14 ±

• Evidence https://ibb.co/mWPKsS
    I wasted 1470 000 in one click

This actually wouldn’t be the first time this happened. There was a scammer in Telsiai who sold buffs at 10k a pop. Lucky enough I wasn’t in such a hurry to purchase that I noticed that ninja-zero beside the comma.

That said, this may be why they implemented the confirmation dialogue box which displayed the amount to be spent on purchase. I would argue about placing price caps (especially for ridiculous prices like these) but I doubt that would gain any traction.

In any case, I hope you get some form of return from this.

I think we should have an system notification on the chat when we buy from those shops . If the price is abusive, we could right click on the chat and an option to complain (so IMC would fire an notification and could do other things) and or an option to rollback the transaction, so you got the buff or repair removed and your money back.

A player who got complains would not able to sell anything for a week

There are already two ways to see the price of repair before it happens. How can you be in a hurry? You have to click 2 buttons, with one as confirmation, now compared to 1 before.

I call this ‘Scam’ complete BS with a side note: practice observing for your own sake please.

1 Like

Honestly I wish there were some sort of base price listed in the store box just so I don’t even bother opening them in the first place if they’re one of these.

How is it a scam ?
They don’t advertize anything wrongly. They’re just overpricing. The same way some stores are more expensive than some others.
If you buy some biscuits for 3$ and in another shop you find them for 2$, do you go to the first shop, complain and say they scammed you ? They didn’t scam you, they offered a product at a certain price, you decided to accept to pay it.
It’s not a scam, it’s just someone selling high because they want the money and hope people will blindly click. It’s your fault.

Alternatively, there’s an addon that allows you to know if the shop is overpriced and underpriced. You can also label a shop you trust as “HOT” (so you know you can use it without bothering reading anything), and the opposite is also true (so you don’t get tricked by the same shops over and over).

There is a " Are you sure you want to repair? xx.xxx Silver. Yes / No " msg window.
Only your own fault. Be less dumb.