Tree of Savior Forum

Optional down-scaling of character strength to help friends

Hello,

I’ve always been a fan of systems in multiplayer games, where you can intentionally handicap yourself or lower your strength, so that you are on an equal playing field with someone who might not be as experienced or on the same level as you are, and you can help them out without giving the weaker player the feeling that they are useless or that you are defeating the enemies by yourself.

I think it would benefit the game to have a system that works in a similar vein. Of course, this would only be to make yourself weaker, not stronger.
I realize it would be a tremendous effort to properly match the balance of the game, especially because many skills have a flat scaling, and a the ‘cop-out’ way of temporarily setting your own character level to one of your party members and restricting any skills that are higher than what your character could learn at the moment still faces a lot of issues, such as attributes, equipment and character status points.

I’d rather use this topic to gather information and see if there are more players that are interested in such systems and to let IMCGames know that there is interest in such systems.

Search the forum with the search button in the top right and you would find this topic already exists.

As @thebloodyaugust says, there was already a thread about this same thing, and it ended up as a drama war because of some drama lords saying its not worth and preffer power level or w/e they feel confortable with. I even dropped that thread from my list of tracking.