Tree of Savior Forum

Option for OP to close thread

I didn’t find any option to close a thread once our questions have been answered. If there is one I didn’t see, please let me know.

Something like a tag “Solved” or something would be nice.

Cheers !

you can choose an answer to the topic, there is a button near the “Like” button

1 Like

Sooo that’s where I saw the “Solved” tag :sweat_smile:

For some reason, I do not have this button, maybe because I use Firefox (like for the spoil button), many thanks for the screens otherwise I would have been clueless.

Does this option actually close the thread or simply indicate that OP got his/her answer ?
The forum kind of have a issue with “spam&derailed” thread, and I guess some people would like to avoid notifications once their questions answered and help to clean a bit.

it just indicate the OP got answered and link the answer to the original post

If your problem is with notifications on a thread you did/didn’t create, you can just go to the bottom and click on the “Watching” status and change it to suit your needs.

I believe this works on topics you created as well, as I was able to change it on my recently made topic, however I didn’t wish to change it so it might just revert back upon getting a new reply? :confused:

If someone can confirm I’d be interested to know. :smile:

Personally I don’t mind the notifications and was aware of the tracking option.

The problem is that some thread completely derail, and currently the only way to close a thread is by flagging posts and waiting for mods.

I don’t know if you noticed, but this is a suggestion.

I’m aware this is a suggestion, I thought it might have been your problem due to the fact you said:

I do support being able to close threads, I was just proposing a temporary solution if you had this problem. :sweat:

Also regarding your inability to see the Solved button, it’s only available on certain topics it appears.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh, but most time on this forum, people see one word/sentence and answer to that without talking about the main topic.

I mentioned that people may not want notifications as a support to my suggestion to get an option to close a thread, the real issue is keeping active thread that don’t need to.

BTW thanks for the clarification on the solved button.

1 Like