Tree of Savior Forum

Optimal circles to mix with cryo3?

Seems like a lot of people favor summoner or some mix or kino/linker? I really dislike the minion master archetype though, but am open to the other 2. Best case scenario would love to bring ele3 but I dont know if thats viable (yes no?). If ele3 with cryo3 really isnt that good than I dont have a problem accepting a different path. Pretty much just dont wana funnel time into a complete useless character. Thanks for the help guys!

Psychokino is the most popular choice for Cryo simply because Psychic Pressure combos well with Icewall. The only drawback is the very high cooldown on Icewall.

Cryo to Ele is fine too. You can potentially deal very high damage with Electrocute, which is nice for taking about normal mobs.

Another choice to consider is Rune Caster. Ice Rune triples damage for all Ice Spells except Hail and Frost Cloud. However, the only viable build if you want to take advantage of Ice Rune is Wiz 3/Cryo 3/Rune Caster.

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear ele3 wouldnt be trash, haha. Ya i thought about doing the second path you talked about but I think i might get more dmg consistently out of ele (tho probably more burst out of RC).

one last question, I see a lot of people neglecting ice bomb? It seemed like it was pretty good, is there something I’m not seeing?

Cryo3 with Ele3 would be fine. Honestly, it’s quite difficult to make a completely useless wizard. If you take any of the wizard classes to c3 you’ll be useful in some way shape or form. Even if you take two to c3 and they don’t synergize, it likely won’t be efficient, but it certainly won’t be useless.

If in doubt though, mess around with the skill simulator and post what you come up with for input.

1 Like

Ice Blast? It used to be pretty good a long time ago, but it’s been nerfed to the ground ever since.

The best for Cryo 3 is Chrono 3.

For Ele 3 is Wiz 3, Cryo 3 works but even the freezing bonus will do the same as Quickcast.

Kino is good at: 1 for Ice Wall combo (don’t go too deep into this, it’s beautiful but not that practical), 2 for stunlock with PP attribute and 3 for huge crowd control.

Linker is good for anyone that causes single-target damage, wizard and other branch classes included, everyone loves linkers.

Look into other topics and you will most likely find classes that suit you.

1 Like

@moises_andre12

Hello :slight_smile: I see you chiming in on a ton of builds so thought it would be best to just ask you instead of making a separate thread haha. I’m looking for a good solo build, this will be the character I play when my friend is offline. I’ve been really torn between a few builds so wondering if I could get your input/opinion

Full Ice
Wiz>Cryo>Cryo>Cryo>Elem>Elem>Elem

Time - Ice
Wiz>Cryo>Cryo>Cryo>Chrono>Chrono>Chrono

Ice - Sorcerer
Wiz>Cryo>Cryo>Link>Link>Sorc>Sorc

Or if you have any good recommendations for a combination of Cryo, Time or Sorc builds. Those are the 3 classes I am most interested in :slight_smile: any help is greatly appreciated!

@taberlong

Honestly, there are classes that simply synergyzes best with others.

If you want ele 3 go:

Wiz 3 > Ele 3

or Wiz > Pyro 2 > Ele 3 (not as good)

If you want Cryo 3 go:

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 (is the best of the one you spoke about)

There’s also

Wiz > Cryo/Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3 (the dream of a party, the nightmare of the player who ups solo I believe)

(if you want to get the best out of Ice Wall combo, which I’m happy you haven’t used into your builds, Wiz 3 > Cryo 1 would be better I believe, best RC build seems to be Wiz 3 > Cryo 3 > RC)

If you want Sorcerer:

Wiz > Pyro or Cryo (I’d say pyro, but you seem to like cryo, it can also work with this build, but cryo only gets really better than pyro at rank 3) > Linker 2 > [Sorc1>Necro2 or Sorc2>Necro1]

or

Wiz > Cryo 3 > same as above (cryo from 1 to 2 doesn’t get much better, 3 is waaay better for subzero chances and frost pillar)

These would be the closest builds I can see working with what you wanted.

If you don’t like party dungeon content you should not go Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 as that would be the place where you’d make the most difference.

Summoning with linker seems to be a cool way for those who likes solo, as in a party they are probably not much helpful.

2 Likes

@moises_andre12

Thanks for the info, I’ll most likely stick with the cryo 3>chrono 3 since that was the original build I really wanted. I may try out the cryo > link 2 > chrono 3 build on a different character or in the future since I love being a support class. Alas if that build is the nightmare of solo then probably don’t want to play it on my solo character xD

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like