Tree of Savior Forum

Opinions on Runecaster Build

I’m considering making a Runecaster with Wiz3 as my base, but I’m wondering what succeeding ranks my sequence is. Should I go:

1. Wiz3 > Cryo1 > Psycho1 > Runecaster > Cryo2

2. Wiz3 > Cryo1 > Psycho1 > Runecaster > Pyscho2

3. Wiz3 > Cryo1 > Psycho 1 > Runecaster > Warlock/Featherfoot

Edit:

Kindly take in to consideration that my going Wiz3 is non-negotiable not because I’m in too deep, but I like Wiz3 due to Quick Cast and its 50% damage attribute.

I still chose cryo and psycho so I’d still be able to utilise Rune of Ice while having a share of burst thanks to Rune of Destruction and Rune of Justice (with all of them benefiting from Quick Cast).

Thanks!

If you thought for a moment to go without Wiz 3, the optimal build would be:

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 2 > RC

If you want to keep Wiz 3 as it seems to be, then you have several options.

1. The first one you posted would be the best one for pve. If you are choosing “cryokino” combo, then you should have thought about spaming “ice wall + pp” combo. Then cryo 2 would be more useful as the more lvl your ice wall is the more it’s going to hit.

2. Due to the above explanation, this would be better to pvp.

3. Saw many people considering RC and Warlock in the same build, why not? It’s just about calculations about what could be better in terms of damage, if cryo 2 (because of the ice wall) or warlock.

I’m right now maining a wizard after a lvl 220 archer and what i can tell you is that try not to rely so much on that ice wall combo since it got nerfed. Try to introduce more ways of damage/skills into your build. So because of this, i think the last one would be the best.

I’m going Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > RC only because of the costume. Although i have been told that Rune of Destructions hits so hard and you an even combo with freezing sphere + rune of ice if taken. So you could also consider this :slight_smile:

I see rune caster is a support class, I wouldn’t go for wiz 3 with rune…
maybe a full suport build have a better synergy… like
wiz > cryo > linker 2 >chrono 2 > runecaster

wiz 3 is fine with rune since RC has the longest cast times for spells. also adds nice chunk of damage for rune of destruction and justice.

As I said, to me rune is support ,not dmg, so wiz3 would be a waste of time, with cryo and chrono u don’t have to worry about the cast time of ur skills.
Now if u want a dmg build should go for a totally different way, rune have long Cd and for dmg u have better choices than this class.

I would -highly- discourage going Rune Caster without Wizard 3. Without Quick Cast, using Runecaster’s abilities become completely abysmal with a hardcast of 8s for all their spells. Even if you only use their support abilities, a cast time that long is just not efficient, nor very fun!

Chronomancer is also one of those classes you either go all in or none at all, as their one of their biggest game changing abilities, Pass, is circle 3. Going to just circle 2 would be a bit dissapointing I feel!

Rune of Destruction is actually a very nice AoE damage spell for large pulls, as the initial damage + multiple reflect bullets deal great damage (especially with Quick Cast). One mob can actually receive damage from several reflect bullets too, leading to some impressive numbers for bigger pulls.

Justice is a bit lackluster and tough to use, but putting in the skill points + attributes make it decent damage AoE spell!

Rune of Ice works with Freezing Sphere, and if you get it to Lv4+ you could actually do two cycles of buffed Freezing Sphere assuming you use it asap after casting Rune of Ice.

Technically you could get Lv5 in Destruction, Justice and Ice and have some good offensive capability as Giants and Protection are completely defense support.

So consider these things! Hope that helps.

How would the difficulty fare in a leveling situation for this type of build?

For lvling is nice. You have cryo which has more damage than expected at low levels. Then you get the 3rd circle with the Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar and it will be so comfortable.

You can also cryo 1 > kino 1 > cryo 2-3 to have the combo at low levels but that is up to you.