Tree of Savior Forum

Opinions on cryo/chrono/kino build?

I just wanted to find out the best combo with chrono 3, thats the only C3 I’m definitely going after :stuck_out_tongue:

Chrono3 is definitely great. I’ll just boil some builds down to bare bones so you can decide what to lean towards.

cryo > kino > cryo: Highest burst?, long downtime

cryo > cryo > cryo: Powerful party support

cryo > kino > kino: Burst with close range stun lockdown.

pyro > cryo > kino: Hybrid, solo with burst and sustain.

cryo > linker/kino > linker: Easier time soloing than cryo/kino, with linker support that parties always appreciate.

and @whateverlol93, cryo+pyro is definitely possible. Here’s a vid of someone with a wiz3 pyro cyro RC.

I am going after Chrono 3 as well, but I’m not sure how Pass works, as there’s no duration I pre-assume that it’ll only work on one spell? I highly doubt that though since there’s so much word going on about how good it is.

@caudaite Hey in that video, PP was used on Icewall, I’ve seen that before, but what was going on with the Fireballs? It was really cool but IDK if what that was at all.

Here’s a word of advice, if you’re going Linker, DO NOT invest into C2 of Linker, it is extremely useless(as of now I’m not sure what will happen in the future, it might be changed or more classes with good self-buffs will be added).

A good support build is:
Wizard 1 -> Cryomancer 1 -> Linker 1 -> Thaumaturge 1 -> Chronomancer 1->2->3
This would be what I am if I didn’t go Linker 2(which I deeply regret). Be warned you will have a tedious(not difficult) time when doing quests alone, particularly against bosses. But in parties you are sooo good. You can also embed a Dandel gem which improves Joint Penalty to 6 targets, making you almost as good as a C2 Linker w/o investment.

As for Psychokinos I’ve no clue, I’ve never touched but I’ve seen the Icewall+PP combo which is absolutely amazing, but the cooldown of the wall is long so you’ll have to keep that in mind.

This is all PVE too btw, no clue about PVP.

From what I’ve gathered, pass just shortens the CD of every skill that is currently on CD by x seconds. So if your ice wall has 40 seconds left and ice pike has 10 on the CD, and you use pass lv5, ice wall now has 15 seconds left and ice pike is off CD.

Forgot to mention there’s also a circle of kino in that build. Fireball also has an interaction with PP, shooting out flames in 8 directions.

I agree that spiritual chain still isn’t that good, but I think the increase from 5 to 8 links just might be worth a circle, though in this case I think taking kino might be better.

As for your build, I’d suggest avoiding thaumaturge. Flat increases scale very poorly at endgame.

Pass reduces the cooldown of spells that are already on cooldown by 25 seconds

I see, so Pass just reduces existing cooldowns when used, also the PP+Fireball interaction is very cool too, Psycho definitely has a lot of flair in this game.

Spiritual Chain is absolutely TERRIBLE, do not get it. You are better off with Thaumaturge if you wanna pass Gungho to everyone on the team(Gungho sucks dick, you are essentially spending your C2 Linker life giving potential Gungho to people). C1 Linker can link 6 targets with a Dandel gem, 2 less than a C2 Linker, which is honestly not a big deal. Most groups of enemies in dungeons are in groups of 5 too, which is perfect.

With Dandel Gem, you can get 6 links from just C1, but C2 would remain at 8

Exactly, which is even more reason not to go to C2, C2 Linker was hit with the hardest nerf in the game’s existence IMO. It wasn’t mentioned anywhere in compilation patch notes that it was nerfed, hence I was fooled into going into it.