Tree of Savior Forum

Opinion on PvE-only Cryo 3

Hey there. :slight_smile: I’m a newish player, just got my first char to level 290 and I’m thinking about my second one. Here’s my first mage: Wiz 1, Pyro 3, Ele 3, Sage 1. I’m a PvE-only player.

What I like:

• AoE damage
  • Cryo tree
  • Gust (yes, I like Gust)

What I hate:

• short duration buffs. I truly hate them.

What I want:

• an offense oriented Cryo 3.

Before coming here, I was thinking about the following build:
Wiz 2, Cryo 3, RC 1, Warlock 2.

I’ve come up with the above idea by process of elimination, since:

• I already have an Elementalist
  • Necro and Sorc require full SPR, and they don’t really offer that much damage, unless I’m mistaken.
  • Thauma and Chrono have short duration buffs.
  • Linker could be possible, but seems kinda redundant with Cryo 3 and would imply in FF in later ranks; Warlock seems to offer more in terms of AoE damage.

That leaves me with Kino, more ranks in Wizard, Rune Caster… That’s why I’ve come up with Wiz 2, Cryo 3, RC 1, Warlock 2.

I’d like to know your opinion on this matter, and I accept suggestions. My only requirement is Cryo 3 and damage.

Thanks in advance!

i made a pvp wiz but it has cryo3

the build is w1cryo3thauma2warlock2

i dont know why u consider thauma buff short duration, when they last around 1 min
and if u want damage…thauma2 will give u 1k MATK with just buff, and swell body will really help u farm in pve

but u could also w8 for the changes for sorc, i heard sorc will be buffed

Replacing RC with psychokino1 in this case would give you more (burst) damage. Then you’re good to go! Or you could just not take Wiz2 and that will be more dmg (interruptable casts though)

Thanks for the answers! :slight_smile:

As for Thauma buffs… I only had the patience for Enchant Fire, for example, when I leveled it to level 15 and it lasted 3 minutes. 1 minute seems kinda short to me. This is one thing I don’t like about this game: the buffs are short. In my point of view, buffs should be there for a longer time than 1 minute. The first character that I tried was a Hoplite-Dragoon; I couldn’t even level her past 120, since she had 4 buffs and one was only usable for 15 seconds.
Back to the point; the Thauma class, I could do it. But I’m unsure if I’d have the patience to rebuff every single minute. I’d need more information about its performance on a PvE-only environment. Does it offer something in terms of damage beyond buffs/debuffs?

As for Kino, I can see it working! I’d gain some early boss damage with the IW+PP combo. It would have burst damage, AoE damage, CC… Seems a good way to go. With Wiz 2 it would be possible to cast without interruptions, and it’s a buff I only need to turn on when using PP or Snow Rolling.
I must admit, one of the main reasons for me to think about Rune Caster is the outfit. It’s just too beautiful. =p One of my favorites.

Do you guys see other alternatives, using Cryo 3? In what scenarios are Rune Casters desirable?

Thanks in advance!

cryo 3 kino 3 RC

kino c3 has concentrate attributes for pp and gravity pole