Tree of Savior Forum

Opinion on Agny build

So I’m planning to reset my character but I’m debating which is the best route since we only got one reset scroll

1. Wiz>pyro3>link3>sage
    (Heard his was one of the meta, but not sure if sage duplicate is still effective, but missle hole is nice :D)

2. Wiz>pryo3>link2>tham>sage
    (lose one link circle but fit in Tham for that swell body… I read that Tham1 isn’t that great and need to be at least Tham2, not sure if true or not. I was hoping Tham1 would be good for farming items)

3. Wiz>pyro3>link2>WL2
    (Probably a strong DPS build but didn’t see many people go this route as Wiz3 Quickcast really boost WL skills a lot)

Any help be appreciated.

1. good build
    2)thaum c1 is not very worth it. swell body at c1 can only affect 5 targets. your joint penalty can link 8 mobs together. at thaum c2 swell body affects 8 mobs which is perfect. So pyro c2>linker c2>thaum c2>sage c1.
    swell body doubles the drops and exp, its pretty good. but the main attraction is swell left and right arm, they give you and team extra attack and defense. just go full int.

3)WL isnt very good at c2. I do not think going WL is a good idea because sage can only get better with stronger missile hole at rank 9 whereas WL can make it or break it at WL c3 in rank 9 depending on how good its skills are.

1. Decent build for soloing most content. But be mindful that because pyro’s base damage is low, you’ll be going to do 1dmg x agni multiplier on certain high mdef monsters at r8 maps. Due to pyro’s mechanics and your lack of alternative damage spells, it is not a party favourable class, unless you want to tell every melee to stop doing dps and watch you do damage.

2. Thau1 isn’t that useful to be honest, like you said, Thau2 would be ideal

3. Seems like a better compromise between the two builds, however, no wiz3 means slightly lower dps for your dark spells. Also, a lack of Sage means you won’t be bringing fireballs to the field as quickly as someone that has Sage. But let’s be honest, you don’t want another pyro in your party, because without linking, fireballs will start attacking amongst itself and not the intended target when more than four fireballs are stacked together. With linking however, it’ll hit monsters, but your joint penalty hit count will take a real beating past five+ fireballs and you can’t sustain the linked state long enough anyway with lv15 fireballs.

An advice if I may. We don’t know what the future will really bring, imc seems rather clueless as well with their so called balancing. No one knows if agni will be nerfed or remain the same, and they might possibly review and tweak Joint penalty again given how broken a pyro linker is with agni now.(it was only with the ktos repository merge that Joint penalty became overpowered, back then iToS linking only spreads damage and not multiply to the number of targets caught in the link)

After all’s been said, no one knows honestly. If I were you, I would definitely not have my eggs in a basket and create a build solely around these two mechanics because there’s only one given free rank reset, period.

My two silvers.

1. Wiz>pyro3>link3>sage
    A very smooth build that can be good in general and well balance in support/dps, linker is too great for general grinding / dungeon clearing, it will save >30% of time and quite welcomed in ET as well with link/sage support. Not forget you will probably add 2 fireballs in the link, so it will only link up to 8 targets, if linker 2 it will be 6 only which is still good but less impressive.
    I would suggest this build as more fun to play, but keep in mind that many fire/link resist monsters at lv290+ but with high enough matk u still can kill them slowly if they aren’t heal themselves with fire dmg.
    Sage + Pyro is a fun mechanism with duplicate, with firepillar/flameground u can deal directly x2 damage which better utilize agny+pyro combo.

2. Wiz>pryo3>link2>tham>sage
    Thaum1 isn’t that useful, the swell body isn’t x2 exp exactly, it is like ((Exp x bonus%) + Exp), so at the current game where everybody have high exp +bonus is quite negligible, and 5s isn’t enough to kill a swelled lv290+ monsters with 400-600k hp even with a party without musketeer. Swell Arm quite negligible as well in 290+ content due to transcend weapons / blue gems with higher bonus.

3. Wiz>pyro3>link2>WL2
    Although you can say that this is probably the highest dps as solo, but at the current agny+pyro3+linker is far more enough to clear anything up to lv330. While in a party, it more likely that you unable generating invocation due other high burst dpser land last hit.
    In fact Pyro3+Agny >>> Warlock2 which also very sad.
    On advantage side, you have dark option to kill of fire-resist monster, and on the bright side we can look forward to Warlock3?

Another suggestion is Pyro3>Chrono3>Sage
I found that most annoying part of playing pyro is that u need time to setup fire traps (which often you will take more melee damage, sage’s missile hole / linker saved u from archer and magician), while you can use fire pillar to lockdown which is long cd, Chrono’s haste/slow maybe is better to run faster away to setup fire traps and wait monsters to walk in. However, without linker you are just killing slower version of eleme.
But this build is definitely a better boss killer than linker3 if no high hp summons from boss.

1 Like

Thank you for your insights! I’m following the last path that you mentioned, but it was purely based on personal interest - I don’t really understand how the late game would work out. This really opens up a lot for me, and makes me more certain of my choice :smiley: