Tree of Savior Forum

OP Boss with so many summons. Rawr~

yes.
usually you kill all the adds.

you kite them into the boss and then do an aoe skill :3

Oh this boss. Wasn’t that totally hard due to the boss being static in all attacks and have quite a small aoe (stay under his legs or get behind everytime). For the minions, either kill them as fast as possible or kite the minions somewhere else a bit further from the boss then go back and unleash everything. Takes time but usually gets the job done.

Good thing I have the Krivis Skill. If I don’t. Heal Damage all the way. XD

@MadHatter. Cant kill the summons because I’m just a Cleric 1/Krivis 1/Priest 1 only. >.<

When I stay under his legs. All I get are knockback due to his stomp skill and it goes trough the Safety Zone Skill. :confused:

Be proactive then. Doesn’t matter about the minions though. They’re slow as Internet Explorer rampaging through peanut butter so use that to your advantage. I too had problems figuring how it works but in the end, just be a kid high on sugar, jumping to get behind him. You can pretty much figure out when he was going to attack.

However, the number of minions really needs to be fixed though. Prolly around 5-10 at one time. Adding that to my end beta report.

2 Likes

Yep. I lure the boss from less minions so all the skill goes trough him. It took me almost 30~40mins to kill it that all my items durability less than 30% w/o dying… It concerned me from other players who are squishy and doing solo instances.

Thanks for adding it to your report. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something tells me this has something to do with you being in a party of 4?

I’ve met this boss before, the adds were pretty much ignorable as the nos were not as insane as in your screenies, and I was soloing then.

that or I was just plain lucky with my two chars.

I’m not sure if it is reason as the others are not online and the other one was at town before I trigger the instance.

What’s the class of your two chars? Maybe your lucky because you can kill the minions?

one was krivis, and the other pyro…

nope, with lucky i meant that there were fewer add spawns that I tend to ignore them completely

i can confirm the boss(es) from this point on can sometimes spawn an overwhelming number of mobs “even when” soloing. these situations were really difficult with my cleric especially with bosses with flying mobs. come to think of it, i had exactly the same encounter with this specific boss. forced to char sel and party up for this guy. later bosses were also spawning more mobs but this particular one was really unusual that it made me think if he was coded this way?

(I was a c2 krivis at this time)
I hated this boss with a passion. My friend was busy with work and I had time to do some questing and ended up having to solo this mtherfcker. Minions kept spawning and eating the total amount of hits my zaibas can dish out when I want to dps the boss. I had to smack it with my extra +0 lvl 15 mace.

1 Like

Imagine me, that took 3 hours to solo the lv100 party dungeon at siaulia, then died at the last boss with just a little health. Table flipping at its finnest.

Yes, seems that many bosses are bugged somehow and dont have a cap on how many spawn they have. Specially if they spawn 5 and you just kill 1, they’ll spawn 5 more.
The boss that made this the most IMO is the “Corrupted statue”.
I’m pretty sure thats not intended to have infinite mobs, altough lets say they could keep it to 2 or 3 times the normal “1 wave” spawn, to differenciate the playstyle of those that just ignore them and go for the boss, and those to try to crowd control.

Thats me, using any kind of tricks to not get 1HKO’ed at the merc mission

OMG?! :scream: 3 hours of no eat drink and pee. :astonished:

I notice that too. When you killed just one minion, it will summon another wave (damn you gremlins!)

I think IMC want the players to party always to help each other just to kill the boss/es. That is why they do this kinda thing and it will not always happen that way.

I gotta link this to every page that says bosses are too easy.

1 Like

So there is no bug, just you trying it alone?

Well, you gotta see that I was solo playing impossible mode, aka Quarrel Shooter.

I was tricked to enter this dungeon without knowing. The worst thing was when I started to doubt if the dungeon was ever gonna end (I am not the kind of guy who likes to read things before doing), but after 2 hours I had to start searching on my celphone with one hand and play with the other to check if it was worth going one more hour just to kill the last boss hahaha

Was a big rage to die, but was definettly the most fun I have ever had on this game, finally the thrilling of not being able to chill without the fear of death.
and I had to play smart a lot, like you see in the screenshot, this boss had many spawn types, so first I killed just one type, until the random spawning make him only spawn 2, then killed just other, until I just had those golems (the others where little fast chickens that did 1k dmg lol) After that I had to use scalter caltrops to lure the monsters and them trap them at that area that you see on the screenshot. After that, had to lure the Boss out of his room, so the reach of the other golems coudnt make them chase me there (they entered the room and went back to the chamber).
Was like 5min of 1v1 on the boss, until he decides to spawn more golems. And at the time the trapped ones were already out, so had to come back and repeat! XDDD

@Kachi Yeah, you can say thats not a bug, but I doubt that infinite mob spawning was intended. I had more than 60 of those golems in the chamber at one time.

Most bosses stop summoning adds when they have less than 50% hp left. There are some exceptions ofc… like that Shnayim in the OP.
A decently leveled and trained companion can make these fight much more easier by aggroing/killing adds on himself.

I was just running around, dropping my aoe’s on cd (as cleric-krivis) while trying to lure mobs out of aoe so they won’t eat hits. But yeah some bosses are frustrating (for cleric-krivis at least, especially because their aoe could be absorbed by infinite summons).

yea but if they wanted us to party. they should balance sordi tree first then remove monster hp/def scaling with each party member. isnt it pointless to get help and just add another 50% hp for each person that tags along.

if they wanted us to party up they should make the bosses difficult from the beginning making it apparent that we need help. some bosses even when i was running with 2 sordis seemed harder than i was soloing it with the bonus plus im using heals on my team and too preoccupied supporting.

why push on nerfing sordis? well if sordis can solo then most of the playerbase will roll sordis so they can solo making their design(forcing parties) useless, they have the ability to solo so why party up?(take note hes the most needed clas for efficiency). this leaves the 3 remaining clases having a harder time with the hp/def scaling so partying up is virtually useless if not counter intuitive?