Tree of Savior Forum

On Changes for Future Patches

REPORT FUNCTION TO ERADICATE BOTS BEFORE F2P:

I got this idea off of reddit: (https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4e2kkj/exbotter_pointing_out_flaws_of_imcs_efforts/)

Basically players are able or given the ability to report a player suspected of being a bot or afk farming. Once a player reports another player a window pops up on the reported player prompting him/her to input a captcha whether the captcha code be randomly generated or given by the player who reported him/her.

Characteristics of said system:

1. Reported player should be given a set amount of tries to enter the captcha.
  2. Failing to enter the correct captcha code results to auto disconnect and tagging the character as suspected for botting and/or afk farming.
  3. Successfully entering the correct captcha code confirms the player is not a bot or afk farming, and said player can’t be reported again for some set of duration or something similar. To prevent abuse and trolls.
  4. Report function should have a cooldown or limit or something similar to prevent abuse and trolls.

I think this type of system would give each player in the game the ability to help eradicate bots and lazy afk farmers, cleans the game before f2p release.
Unless bots and gold sellers want to continuously create steam accounts and buy founder’s pack just to restart their business.

There are cons to this system as well but can be countered, mainly: IMO

1. Players shouldn’t be able to use this report function inside towns. (for those who afk in town or the ones asking for likes)
  2. Players shouldn’t be able to use this report function on players who are just resting and to those who are setting up shops or something similar. Since squires and alche can set up shops in instance dungeon entrance area as well.

This means a separate report function needs to be implemented for eradicating players who are advertising RMT in town using normal chat and shout chat. Or they may opt to use the "!! " and afk their character in town.

Maybe a direct report function that wherein players click the suspected character and report them then a window appears prompting for the type of offense.
Of course there should also be a cooldown or limiter on using the report function to prevent abuse and trolls. Also type of offense should be limited as well to important issues such as: AFK advertising of RMT, Chat abuse/harassment, Shout chat advertising of RMT. So they can easily check the logs or what not for verification.
Of course different degree of punishment for chat abuse/harassment.

I believe the first once addresses the problem on bots in non-town maps which requires no active effort from GMs to check and verify. The second report function address the ones in town and requires active efforts from GMs to check and verify (even if they transfer out of town and they afk advertise there, the captcha report function will be able to get them and auto-disconnect them).

Notice: This system does not address intentional and abusive KS scenarios. For those types of problems and similar harassment scenarios people should record the gameplay and report it on forums.

To close on this issue, once active bot farming on non-town maps are eradicated or actually minimize for once or in general once an effective report function is implemented, the auction house restrictions (48 hour delay) should be gradually lessened a few days or week/s after implementation. Or maybe not maybe you’ll wait to improve your system on detecting suspicious transactions on auction house before decreasing restrictions. Whatever, we just need a report function for bots and afk farmers especially on non-town maps, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

TEAM STORAGE AND SILVER SHARING:
3xPlease make team storage for items bigger or better yet free, also if you could throw in silver sharing between team characters that would be awesome as this has no effect to RMT at all.

Otherwise your limiting the team storage for item too much. I know expanding it only cost you silver, but seriously starting us with 1 SLOT ONLY? Talk about inconvenient and a total turn off.

On silver sharing between team characters, let me give an example where the current system fails. Say I want to buy a bow in auction house for my archer. Directly buying it from my archer character reduces potential by 1. But if I don’t have the necessary silver to buy directly from my archer since my main and silver farmer is my wizard, acquiring the said bow reduces the potential by 2 (buying it from auction house using my wizard = 1, team storage it to my archer =1). Therein lies a flaw! Since we all know potential is needed and reduced when upgrading, also the value of the item is somehow affected by its potential. Henceforth, SILVER SHARING OR TRADING OR ANYTHING SIMILAR BETWEEN TEAM CHARACTERS IS A MUST!

1:1 TRADING SYSTEM, AUCTION HOUSE ISSUES:
I believe F2P players should get some limited amount of 1:1 item trading at least for them not to be turned off at the start of the game. Since your using amount of trading as benefit of premium. To address those issues on what if my friend got an item that he doesn’t use and is better for me to use.
Also general HP Potions and SP Potions should be tradable with no limit, provided sell value to NPC should be zero otherwise silver can flow and be traded this way from one player to another or maybe zero is too much maybe less than the buy price? To address those moronic arguments of boosting a friend and he is poor as sht.

IMO 1:1 trading of silver should not be allowed, flow of silver should be in auction house and silver sharing on team characters ONLY. For now its frustrating due to restrictions (48 hr delay and limit on # of items sold) which are reasonable up to a certain degree, but in time it MUST improve and restrictions MUST lessen gradually. For those arguments on what if I want to help a friend? This is addressed when 1:1 trading changes for the better.

The amount limit of items posted on auction house is too low once F2P starts IMO. I understand its one of your ways to earn money from the game you created and to fund the game’s sustainability. But 1 for non-token users and 5 for token users is just TOO LOW IMO. This amount limit has no bearing on RMT, since we already have 30 min to 2 hour delay before posted item can be seen, and another 48 hour delay for silver to be retrieved.

The token benefits needs more humpf IMO, since I can’t really feel the benefits other than the 30% to 10% tax reduction, additional instance dungeon run, additional cube opening using silver, 1 to 5 limit on posted items in auction house (can’t really call it benefit due to unreasonably low amount still). The 30 limit for toke and 0 for non-token should be increased at the least.

Finally,
I hope the lag issues and optimizations are improved.
I hope the F2P release goes well and amount of expected players to burst through is reasonable.
Also, rest assured you can already grab our cash on costumes, skill and stat reset potions, exp tomes, megaphone, soul crystal and other useful consumables already. In the end giff us more cosmetics to buy! (Limited/cash shop edition of headgears would be nice). Or even offering TP to Silver option if you have ever considered it.

edited: I hope the rates for $$$ to TP isn’t the same as the founder packs, that is $9.99 for 160 TP (not even enough for a token). If $9.99 for only 160 TP, too low TP IMO.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_John

Check this out.