Tree of Savior Forum

[OLD](Rank 10) Titan Lord - Runecaster + Thaumaturge 3 + Enchanter 3

Only Video.
Will update the detail if this thread become interesting.

Wizard 3, Thaumaturge 3, Runecaster, Enchanter 2.
Full SPR Build.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111aaahii.234f6a85.1f22324a516a75.3555.7a8a95a5

Having Pyro1 instead of Wiz3 may be better?
Quick Cast doesn’t seem to be so important in this build 0-0\

I have the same build. The rationale is that you get a lock out on non wiz/RC skills making pyro1 only there for [enchant fire] and [enchant fire] scrolls. That vs 5 more lvs in [reflect shield] (for an SPR build) or 5 more lvs in [lethargy] (for an INT build) and [quick cast] and [magic missle] (if you use it).

The deciding factor for me was using [rune of justice] and [rune of destruction]. Since I’m using those I need [quickcast] to speed them up. In practice though …

can just buy the scroll. kinda cheap. for farming, i think without enchant fire already enough. but if doing events or certain important things. i can just use fire enchant scroll without sacrificing my wiz 3. am i right?

just max rune of justice if u wanna play some “dmg” skill from RC.
even max the attribute if possible, i already maxed all the utility attributes, left extra 2k + attribute points i spent on lvl50 rune of justice. reason bcoz sometime when in a group, you will meet Warlock user.
Mastema can boost Rune of Justice dmg. i dont really prioritize this much… but still a nice thing to keep in mind.

Honestly, for the time it takes to cast, AA is stronger. Naturally I use both skills because they look cool. Giant is charging her lazer!! Nuclear launch detected!!

Been doing this since 1st day of reset. But why would you do SPR? Full INT thuma has higher magic attack after buffing itself than a full SPR thuma. Trading a ton of magic attack for reflect shield (the only reason to go SPR with this build) is just silly. If you do full INT then you can transpose INT>CON before using rune of giants. Cancel transpose buff after and you’ll revert back to full INT while still having 70-90k HP depending on your INT. As for wiz 3 - the only reason to do it is for the wiz 3 costume. Otherwise just do pyro 1.

Edit: If you really don’t want pyro 1, then go with cryo 1 for the magic defence attribute when wearing a shield. Thuma is nerfed now on KTOS so that swell right arm doesn’t boost magic attack when wearing a dagger. So you’re gonna be using either a 2-hand staff or a rod + shield.

Video I made showing off the build a bit. Notice the massive HP jump when using Rune of Giants after using transpose. 120k+ HP. Damage would be higher if I’d canceled transpose after using Rune of Giants, but I was playing with block rate. CON (transposed) + block potion + aias shield gives me around 850 block rate - which will grow far higher once I have more INT thanks to 350 gear. This is the versatility INT affords you with this build (not to mention the higher magic attack from INT vs SPR).

2 Likes

yea u have more MATK than full SPR build. but for yourself only.
FULL SPR Build core purpose is to boost Party’s MATK by Swell Brain.
You can just play your build and have high matk than others, but whats the point having thauma 3 then?
Why don’t just play EleLock mainstream build with full INT?
My build more Party Friendly than yours by fact.

1 Like

you’re not giving that much more magic attack to your party with full SPR. You’re also assuming that your party is going to consist of at least 2 or more mages - yourself not included. If there’s only one other mage in your party then you might as well just be INT yourself. You’re also missing out on transpose. If you want to be a support, then make a support. Something like linker>thuma>enchanter. you have rune of giants and transpose so you should play to the build’s strengths - make use of every tool in your toolkit. INT is the way to go for this.

as for why you’d do this instead of ele>lock; because you can push over 150k hp, 850-1000+ block rate, higher magic attack, still offer good support, and do higher DPS if you’re good with jump-cancelling. wiz2>pyro1>thuma3>rune>enchanter2 with INT is the very definition of versatility. huge hp and block? check. huge magic attack? check. great dps with no skill cooldowns? check. still great party buffs, even as int instead of spr? check. by doing spirit you’re scrapping a lot of its versatility just so you can give another 300-400 magic attack to party members. and i guarantee you that once you’re running with a group who has stage 5+ transcended 350 weapons, nobody will miss that 300-400 magic attack buff bonus from spr.

I agree with him tho the build should has Sorcerer instead of RC for the use of those SPR

But the whole point here is actually making something with RC seem useful. if you take RC out there’ sno point to ths giant’s build anymore.

@yurichalps agreed. so might as well go INT and play to the strengths of the build.

I’m not trying to start a war or anything, and I may sounds like one. And pardon me for bad english.
but let me clear this based on experience of using both INT and SPR build.
The reason I go for Wiz 3 for LVL 15 Reflect Shield.
With FULL SPR I can have huge dmg block/reflect (flat), and it can be recast during Giant State.
Which mean my party will be harder to die.
FULL SPR also can give more m.atk boost by swell brain (450-650 difference with raw stats at level 360), assuming have magic user (not wiz only) in the party will get a good benefit from it. And it become higher as the SPR increase.
So two things I learned from having high spr,

1. Party less likely to die faster by having reflect shield.
  2. Appreciated to have more free m.atk. (give me free 500 matk if you can).
    Maybe a decent geared players wont appreciate such build, but TOS not only fill with those kind of players. A newbie, a new player, a friend who using subs to play surely will appreciate the extra boost matk and more dmg block from reflect shield.

It’s true FULL INT can have more CON, means more HP and block rate (but only when using shield, so you lose more matk than as Staff user).
But you have to keep in mind, you dont need to be 150k HP all the time, its not like you are paladin full con where you have to tank for the team by using barrier and have shield on hand. You dont have provoke skills to taunt enemy to you all the time like swordie classes. You are a buffer with decent AA dmg. A semi dpser with a capability to enhance the party state.
Those free matk u gave to a healer? It increase heal value too.
I may not be stronger as full int build, but atleast i can make party better while still having decent dmg without everyone need to be rich all the time.
P,S.
Plus i never need mana pots.
Oh i also have two enchanters, another one is wiz1>pyro 2>thaum 3>sorc 1>enc 2 with full spr. Its a decent build and can transfer pyro skills via scroll to my giant enchanter.

@kazekumo15th Reflect shield is utterly useless. Even at skill level 15, it only lasts for 9 hits. If your reflect shield reduces damage by 500 per hit, that’s only 4,500 damage reduced max, and the recast time is 41 seconds. If your party is that worried over 4,500-ish damage reduction every 41 seconds, then i promise you that you have far bigger problems to worry about.

As for the 500 extra magic attack buff with swell brain with SPR build, it’s just not worth it. It’s very easy for mage players to get 5000+ magic attack with and INT build + basic INT stat gear from HG + thumaturge buffs given to them by an INT build thuma. Now, already your +500 magic attack boost to swell brain with a SPR build is only worth 10% of their total magic attack. Keep in mind that this is with basic gear. If your entire party is made up of magic casters, then sure it’s not awful. but if 2/5 of the members are not magic casters, then it’s only worth around 5% of the dps on average that the party is pulling (you’d have higher magic attack yourself if you were INT build, so being SPR pulls down that average boost in a 2/5 physical/magic party makeup) . Here’s a scenario as an example: You’re in a party where 2/5 of the dps are not magic casters, meaning your SPR build is worth 5% of the total dps on average… you fight a boss which takes 50 seconds to kill… that 5% only speeds up the fight by 2.5 seconds. Yeah - SPR with this build for this is bad, sorry. You’re missing out on so many advantages from being INT just for tiny boosts (-2% to +10% dps range increase depending on party makeup with basic gear is terrible and if you’re worried about the tiny amount of damage you’d reduce with reflect shield then you need to be rethinking your entire party makeup). INT build with transpose is far too valuable with this. It plays to the unique abilities of runecaster - that potential HP pool is something that no other class (aside from druid with transform/werewolf) can get. thuma>rune>enchanter is also huge DPS by itself, and so why wouldn’t you take the highest magic attack you can (int build) to boost it further alongside the unique tools at your disposal.

Edit: pretty sure enchant earth buff from enchanter means you can take advantage of the transpose/con block rate without wearing a shield. As for being a “semi DPSer” like you said, it’s far more than that. you’re pulling 2x 503% factor each time you auto attack+jump cancel combo, alongside a minimum of 2x 4-lines (8) of blessing etc. At the bare minimum, rune>enchanter can dish out the equivalent of 1200% factor damage every 0.5 seconds with good AOE and no cooldowns or SP costs. It’s not a semi-DPSer.

3 Likes

Hi hi,

New wiz player here, I’m the type that only plays phys based characters or unique ones, and this build interests me.

Because wiz 3 seems useless to me (unless I’m missing something here) what to you guys think about:

[Wiz1/pyro1/linker1/thauma3/rune/enchanter2]
Just so that I can farm like those other popular farming builds except I’m 2 builds in one. Plus I can make link scrolls and use them right after my first link? Not sure if there’s some cool down problems though.

[Wiz1/cryo1/psycho1/thauma3/rune/enchanter2]
Ice rune + Ice wall + pressure. Is this still a crazy burst that I saw a year ago or nerfed to the ground?

Thoughts?

@Ragnarok-Online i’d go with wiz2>pyro 1. wiz2 gives surespell so casting rune of giants won’t get interrupted in a pinch. you can’t use linker skills while giant :slight_smile: . i also strongly recommend full INT instead of SPR. i’ve posted some stuff about it on here and why. but the original poster disagrees. nice idea with cryo1>psycho1 though. that might even be better :o

Try compete with EleLock’s dmg in ET with FULL Int similar build, or versus FULL SPR Zealot Krivis.
Not matter what you trying to shove into people throat who have matter of experiences with both stat builds and reached capped level (even tried new weapons), RuneEnchanter will always be a 2nd dps or semi dpser. Might aswell go support a stronger buffs to Zealot Krivis or Standard Healer who often spent on different stats like SPR/CON but still find 500+ extra matk useful.

p,s nice joke.

if you like to play AA wiz with similar(or almost similar) build.

1. Runecaster’s Approach ( stat u decide, i went for full SPR, the other guy went full INT, some even balance minmax it)
    Jump style hit, better aoe, but not superbly big like other classes in the tree.
    Wiz 2/Pyro1/Thaum3/Rune/Enc 2.
    Or Wiz 3 with no Pyro’s Enchant Fire but have Quickcast. (still can buy enchant fire at market, its cheap, and scale on caster’s stats)

2. Sorcerer’s Approach (full SPR stat)
    Instead of Rune, you have Summons and delicious cat buffs.
    Wiz 1/ Pyro 2/ Thaum 3/ Sorc 1/ Enc 2.
    or drop Pyro 2, go for Pyro 1/Linker 1.

So it’s been a while since we “locked in” our choice for this build and I feel we can make some long term assessments.

Unique advantage
It is very good “mobile damage” against aggressive melee mobs. The inherently slow monster animations make it so that you are always out of range when the melee swing discharges making it “safe” (unless you jump into a swing).

Skills
[rune of destruction] and [rune of justice] are pointless. 1998 SF and 399x5 SF respecively (at full 100pt attributes each) do next to nothing in the face of your AA. The only times they are worth more than your 503% SF AA is if you are hitting a ridiculously high amount of monsters (a very rare case).

Given how your AA is vastly superior to these 2 skills, you can safely remove wiz3 for [quick cast] for maybe puro1 for [enchant fire].

Practicality
As a solo build it is. As a party build it is not. If you plan to join a party for any content, RC in the build is impractical. It is to the point where sorc1 for [summon servant] will do so much more for you and your party.

Thoughts?

@c2gaming.seetoo

I’ve been playing the build for a while now and have to disagree about Runecaster being impracticable in the build compared to Sorc 1 in a party. Unless your party has a Chrono in it to increase your attack speed, then you still need the 2nd lightning hands from jumping to emulate a faster speed. If there is a Chrono in the party, however, then yeah Sorc 1 instead of Runecaster would be better - but then it’s no longer a Runecaster build.

As for INT vs SPR, I’m still very happy with my full INT. If I transpose, I now have 170k HP and 850 block rate when using a shield (between CON and my gears) and can boost it to 1100 with a block potion. This gives the build great PVP and world-bossing prospects. I’m also now sitting at around 8000 magic attack when I don’t use transpose. An extra 500-ish magic attack on your Swell Brain buff by being SPR build isn’t gonna help anyone (you have higher personal magic attack from being INT anyway) - I partied with a guy who had literally over 9000 magic attack when I buffed them with my INT build. At this point, an extra 500 magic attack would only be worth 6% of their total - it’s simply not worth it. SPR build just destroys the beautiful versatility of this build - something which is entirely unique to this build - just to give other people +500 magic attack. I don’t see why anyone would want to do that.

You’re completely right about Wiz 3 being pointless. Your auto attacks are dishing out higher damage per second than Rune of Destruction or Rune of Justice can. This does indeed mean that you don’t require Wiz 3 for quick cast. The two viable options are Wiz 2 > Pyro 1, or Wiz 1 > Cryo 1 > psychokino 1 if you want to add ice wall gimmick to your build. I play Wiz 2 > Pyro 1 myself. I highly value surespell for when I need to re-cast Rune of Giants in places like 340 HG solo.

I’ll be interested to see if the build ever takes off in some capacity. It’s pretty damn effective, though I can imagine the constant jump-cancelling putting people off.