Tree of Savior Forum

Nubs first build. Help needed

So, I just started playing this game and I threw together a build of the wizzy classes/abilities that caught my eye. Pyro for nukes, Ele for more nukes and Chrono for some really cool looking support abilities. Can someone more experienced at the game streamline the build? Not really sure how many points to use where. And if I’m missing any important abilities. :sweat:

Thanx for any help!

LINK: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/8q866smobq/

You pasted a wrong link. But as I can read - this is a very very bad build. Pyro is not nuke class. It is good at high level content only with a very good weapon and Agni necklace.
Ele is only viable as wizard3-ele3(no other combinations, or it is a failed character).
Chrono is good only when is chrono3, so
1)cryo1-link2-chrono3-sage - very good and enjoyable support, easy to play and always welcome to any party.
2)cryo3-chrono3-sage - better for very high level and serious content, better for PvP/GvG but worse than previous one and less enjoyable in general, because linker is imba in PvE.
Can not advice any good builds with Pyro. Maybe like Pyro3-link3-sage.

Fixed the link. Dunno what happened there. So you can’t mix Elemental and Chrono? They seem like the two coolest wiz classes. What about Wiz3 Ele2 Chrono3?

Both Ele and Chrono are only good at rank 3, otherwise they are useless. Rank 8 sage is a must because of missile/magic protection, the best choice almost for any wizard(except for pure dd warlock2 or featherfoot2). Also, ele has long cast times and requires huge investment into equipment and attributes. There is no point to take ele1-2 or chrono1-2, specially when you sacrifice sage class. Also, mosters start to have very high mdef, so many of your ele skills will do 1 damage if you dont have very good weapon.
If you want some interesting solo/party/damage build - go wizard3-linker3-FeatherFoot2 this one is nice in interesting to play with good damage which is not influenced by magic defence.
And ele3 has actually only 1 skill Frost Cloud, this one deals like 90% of the whole damage.

So don’t take Elemental or Chrono unless you take them to 3 and always take Sage… Doesn’t seem like that leaves much room for experimentation.

Seems like Wiz3 Ele3 Lock2 is the most popular Elemental build. And Wiz1 Cryo1 Psy3 Chrono3 is the most popular Chronomancer build. According to tosbase public builds page anyway.

That chrono build is most likely a pvp build. There’s room for experimentation, the thing is it’s already been done when it comes to ele and chrono and the builds for those classes are pretty clear for now, chrono is a support class and ele is a dps class so getting both doesn’t work. The chrono builds for pve are the ones @raydensorc mentioned above.

If you want main support with some dps for mass mobs.
pyro1 > link2 > chrono3
Gear - ignition[rod] + ele property attack gear
Skill - JP+HK(additional damage att.) and see mobs burn!
Pass for reset CD > JP+HK again
Flame ground = More hits = More debuff chances

Lighting gear VS Ice mob :yum:

Lighting gear VS Earth mob (so sad :cry: )

Hi there.
Forget elememes. Rank 8 is up to you:

wiz 1, pyro 3, chrono 3. (fun)
wiz 3, pyro 3, lock 1. (agny)
wiz 1, pyro 1, link2, chrono 3. (fun, sup)

Anyone seen the Little Samson build? Does it work?

If so I might try that. And just make another wizzy to be my Chrono. Apparently it is Wiz3 Kino1 Cryo1 RC1 Pyro1 Sage1.

why pyro?
*isn’t linker 1 good for it?

He says in the comments that Cryo2 is better for damage. I think, “Fire Ball makes the Ice Wall splash faster” is why he uses Pyro? Dunno about Linker. Is the build good though?

It is not because of the build. It is because of kToS where you can almost directly buy Blessed Shards from TP shop, thus make your weapon have 10 transcendence -> like 5500matk weapon alone. Of course then you will get damage numbers like this and dont worry about mdef of the monsters.
The build you propose is only good against bosses I suppose.

You right. I read another build very similar to it and it said it was only good for killing bosses quickly… The Icewall + Pressure combo.

Is Wiz1 Cryo3 Chro3 Sage1 the best support mage? Or is Linker3 more useful than Cryo3?

Read my first post in this thread about it. Link3 not worth skipping Sage - it gives your party almost immunity against magic and ranger mosters, and melee monsters are very easy to avoid with Haste because of the slow animations.
cryo3 - best after 300+lvls, cryo1-link2 - much better below lvl 300, and good above lvl 300.