Tree of Savior Forum

Not your avarage Alch Build! (i hope)

Hello my fellow gamers!

I’ve been wanting to play as a crafting/roleplay class for a long time and Alchemist got my eye. My alchemist (which name will be Edward Elric - much originality; such fullmetal) will not be my main character, but it’s going to be the first. I’ve been lurking for some time in the forum and looking for some answers and i finally did this build. Give me some feedback ^^

Wiz 1 > Wiz 2 > Wiz 3 > Link 1 > Link 2 > Alch 1 > Alch 2

My main reasons for this build:

Wiz 1/2/3:

Energy Bolt 15/15

I’ve been thinking about maxing this skill because is the only one that really does some kind of damage and well, i’m gonna need some to grind and lvl. Also it’s atributes are really good - you can double your damage with Enhance and in my opinion Additional Sleep Damage is pretty much mandatory because it can give you some soling help.

Lethargy 5/15

I wasn’t so sure about this one until i’ve read THIS. Suffice it say i’m not gonna be good at dealing damage on party, so this atribute can really help the swordsman-type of my party.

Sleep5/15

Just gonna level it because it will synergy with energybolt and i like the idea of hitting an enemy without waking it up.

Surespell 10/10

Leveling my wizard to circle 3? Not gonna pass this one. I’m too afraid to not cast a spell and getting interrupted when using my support abilities as a linker.

Magic Missile 5/5

It’s a nice multihit (multihit? AoE? F**ck it - It hits more than one monster at a time) ability and if you really thing about it, I’m not gonna be on a party 100% of the time, so i want this to help me grind some ingridients when i got to alch. Totally gonna spend some money on it’s atribute too.

Quick Cast 5/5

I know that it’s a skill being used for a lot of DPS and damage focused builds, but come on. It’ 50% less casting time and Magic Damage atribute is pretty good in my opinion.

Obs.: I’m not so sure, but i think that this will help me decrease the casting time of some Alch crafting abilities.

Linker 1/2:

The main reason for choosing linker here is for partying (insert party hard meme) and dealing some shared damage to monster when looking for trouble alone.

Unbind 1/1

Intially I wasn’t considering this, but Enemy Damage changed my mind.

Physical Link 4/10

(insert party hard meme)

My main reason for not maxing this is because i can get some skill level throught cleric’s divine might. Shared damage is really good (not perfect though), but let’s leave the job of soaking huge amounts of damage to tanks.

Joint Penalty 10/10

(insert party hard meme)

8 enemies taking shared damage? Yup! I want that for partying and soling, gonna take all the atributes I can right here.

Hangman’s Knot 10/10

(insert party hard meme)

Bind them all in front of me for that sweet AoE spell that everyone has but me. Honestly? This Additional Damage on maximum level is insane (imo).

Spiritual Chain 5/5

SHARE ALL THE BUFFS!! (i know it’s probably not “ALL”, but anything helps actually).

Also: (insert party hard meme)

Alch 1/2:

Dig 5/10

Not much to say here, you dig, you find s***t and craft with them. Not leveling this to maximum mostly because I want it’s points for other stuff. I’m honestly considering the atribute for a decreased CD.

Item Awakenining 5/5

I think it’s a good way to get some nice itens without the need for much money for high end weapons and stuff. And i think that this will be improved on future patches. Getting this atribute to help party members.

Tincturing 10/10

MONEY MAKER!!! And the potions you craft are better then those sold on markets (from what i’ve researched).

GET ALL THE ATRIBUTES!! Mainly because the give you better potions.

Magnum Opus 5/5

I think no one is entirely sure how this skill works, but i’ll level it cause it seems that you can create good itens using it.

Gem Roasting 5/5

OPEN A SHOP! Help people with their PRECIOUS (Gollum.jpeg) gems and get more money from it.

I’m not gonna spend any points on :

Briquetting mainly because i don’t want to “gamble” and get -%.

Combustion because it’s not my job to deal damage!

STATS

I don’t think that going full INT is the best way here, probably because if i’m going to maximize my profits i’ll probably avoid buying mana potions. Thus the – INT/SPR – ratio of 4:1.

That’s all folks ^^

It’s not a bad build, it’s just that you can not deal damage. Honestly I think you will be bored to death.

Totally got you! But i have some friends to help me lvl and do some damage. The real deal here is being an Alch ^^

You still should try Pyro 2 > Linker 2. It will be MUCH more helpful to your friends and C2 of Pyro is not as bad as people tend to believe it is in the late game.

Is it worh it? I’m gonna lose quickcast to some damage that (some say) will not help a party that much. My first thought was to go for pyro and linker due to flamge ground and joint penalty.