Tree of Savior Forum

[NOT build]Knightwalker's Deleted build

Well it might not be popular for you, but in terms of MMOs asian gamers don’t hold a candle to the western states.

Their built will fail the second they have to tank the mobs as you can clearly see at the start.

Also blessing adds 170 per tick per everything. If a skill hits 100 times it adds 100 times. To weigh the power of blessing it is mostly easier to put bless into perspective of the average hit the DD will deal out.

If he is nuking out 10k shells constantly, then it is neglectable, if he does lots of 3k hits, then it is a big boost.

Even if you could technically scroll the things right now it is a bet I wouldn’t dedicate a 280 char on. Simony is up for a rework, it reeks. Since updates are coming from over there we have no way of telling when that will be.

So what if you have to fight smaller numbers, but stronger? Suddenly the owl effectiveness plummets.

You are not weighing blessing vs owl, you are weighing stoneskin and chainable practical invulnerabilities and blessing against owl.

2 Likes

lower magic resist means bigger spell damage regarding boosting mages?

Well it might not be popular for you, but in terms of MMOs asian gamers don’t hold a candle to the western states.

Not sure where you’re pulling this from.

Barrier scrolls? CC skills? You make it seem like people HAVE to get hit before they do anything. You also make it seem like the tank will die from a couple of hits. They’re called tanks for a reason.

Watch the video again, you’ll see the Diev doing a lot of the work. Also, ask them why they took a Diev instead of a priest.
How many 3k hits do you need in order to reach one burst of 2 owls? A lot.
~24k/170 ~140 hits in 2 seconds (owl bursts have about a 2 second interval). We’re looking at 140 hits at a single target. Unless your party is full of multi hitters that can do 140 hits CONSISTENTLY every 2 seconds, blessing dps boost has nothing on Owl’s DPS boost.
Then again, people don’t mostly fight a single target, meaning owl’s advantage is even bigger as it has no mob limit.
And here, let’s talk about another what if which is most likely true as well.
What if level cap gets raised? What if monsters have higher HP at higher levels? WHat if people are regularly doing more damage at higher levels?
This means blessing falls off due to poor scaling. You’ve just wasted 3-4 ranks and 15 skill points leveling blessing. Sure, blessing is really good in the beginning due to its scaling and weaker monster HP. But late game? NOPE.

Too many “what ifs”. As of now, end game content isn’t fighting small number of mobs". My build is based on whats present, not what if. ToS is known as a grinding MMO, you’re not going to be fighting a small # of mobs to level/dungeon.

Again, too many what ifs. What if the game shuts down tomorrow? What if skill scrolls stay (I doubt they will take away skill scrolls from the game). Again watch the video and tell me whether or not going Diev 3 for semidps with support is a waste. Clearly it’s not.

I’m weighing EVERYTHING against priest and not just those 2 skills. You can’t just look at one aspect and say “oh wow priest has stone skin better than support DPS”. Everything adds up. To look at a few skills without seeing the whole picture is simply naive.

20% cd reductions? -32 SP per skill? Invulnerability for an effective average of 36 seconds? Healing factor is basically another invulnerability with longer duration (making stone skin kind of pointless). Incineration damage (FS priests don’t get INT)? In that vid, do you see any trace of priest? Hell, they don’t even use blessing scrolls.
That’s why I said you don’t NEED FS priest. Having Cleric C2 + PD is already good enough. Going FS is just losing out on DPS. Look at the whole picture.

Well ■■■■…there’s a lot of good points here. I already started going cleric + Priest since I was aiming for C + Pr x3 + C2 or K + PD int, but after getting a better idea of how ET works, as well as hearing about the upcoming GvG, I think the idea of running this build may be better…

Unless they scale blessing for pvp/gvg (I think they should be balancing skills for a pvp mode, wouldn’t make sense not to), it’s still good, (especially resurrection if that’s allowed in gvg).

Different scenarios will play to different strengths. Just stick with your build, it’ll be fine

How big is your MMO experience? Seems like in your world only the tank is a valid target. There is no telling how sophisticated ET becomes. If it is just more mobs with more HP every level, then blessing would be a poor choice as would be the priest as a whole.

When they start implementing mobs with actual mechanics as in CC-Immune or if they are hit too fast something happens etc you simply need a solid versatile support that can cope with lots of situations. So far your solution is always ominous “CC” and “Barrier scroll” to mobs that just come from one direction, then go ahead and prepare the char accordingly.

Btw if the level cap is raised you can still opt out of blessing with the click of a button and go for revive.

Everytime I see the diev I am a bit saddened by most of his abilities he gets over the course of 3 ranks. I didn’t have the chance to test him out yet, but of course the cooldown statue is good. A one directional owl however is pretty specific in application.

2 Likes

Bro, you need to stop with the what ifs.

I’m not sure if this is a strange concept to you but there are things called:
-Don’t be bad and don’t die.
-Coordinate with your party members. It’s called a party for a reason and not soloing with a party.
-Use your free TP for revive stone.
-Over half the things from Priest can be replaced with either scrolls, or not being bad thanks.

Weird right? That’s probably because how game mechanics work. Taunt draws initial aggro. CC, well, CC keeps them under control, hence the name crowd CONTROL. Have you bothered watching that video? If not, stop trying thanks.

“what if they fly everywhere what if they teleport in front of you what if what if what if???”

What if you stop talking about what ifs.

I’m not sure what kind of bad tanks/party members you’ve played with. But EVEN IN PUGS, the tanks know what they’re doing and lead the monsters in between my owls.

Hell, even when there’s no peltasta in my party, I’m the one who draws aggro. And guess what, I can lead them straight into owls. There is no what if, it’s from experience. And with mobs, I do one of the highest DPS in my party because for the 5th time, owl hurts.

Honestly, I would expect to see more of a full dps type meta like this settle as the game grows older. It’s very similar to what happened in Guild Wars 2. People experimented with a lot of support builds at first, but then people quickly learned that they could utilize certain strategies or just use their knowledge of encounters to reduce the amount of damage they take. The result was the ‘berserker’ meta, where everyone ran with full offensive stat gear and brought almost no traits or skills that weren’t full dps focused, aside from some key utilities that were useful for completely shutting down mobs with little investment (blinds, reflects, etc.)

And this sounds a lot like barrier + silence in ToS. This is why I’m rerolling to the build above. I’ll still keep my priest cleric and may come back to it later since I agree that it’s not bad, but I would expect something like this to be overall more useful.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m talking about. I completely agree. I’ve seen this trend among a lot of other MMOs, like WoW, and DN to name a few.

Priest is not bad, it’s great actually on lower level places.
However, they’re not as wanted in later levels especially when people gain more experience and strategize, you’ll find that Priest doesn’t help as much as a class that gives really good support and can hold their own DPS.

By all means, play a priest if you enjoy it. I’m not trying to stop anyone from doing so.

As people get more experience, they’ll be shifting towards more DPS and less “full support”. If that guy NEEDS FS after 10+ runs on the same dungeon, then I don’t have anything to say to that guy. It’s not needed if you’re not bad.

Diev sure are cute when you fight in 1 spot with the static statue, like earth tower of course, but what about when you gotta move? gonna rebuild those statue every 10 sec?

Aww wait, actually just checked and they got a pretty massive cooldown on all of em too, no ressurection hurts too, it’s an awesome build for sure but it’s not godly at everything.

1 Like

There’s a thing called taunt/luring. As of now, endgame content consists of not moving around too much. Even if you do have to move around, you can taunt them towards a destination.

Uhhh… ok? That’s still staying in 1 spot being static, and I’m talking about moving around like you know, tru a dungeon or something.

In a dungeon you can lure things around. I’ve never had a problem with this even when I’m the sole aggro-er. CD isn’t that high. Even with down time, the DPS gained from the previous mobs is still high. 170 hits per burst of Owl to match owl dps from priest. Blessing falls out late game. The other buffs are scrollable. So what’s the real benefit? Resurrection from soul stone from free TP. What else?

As said before unless you can match the DPS of owl statue, there’s no point arguing.

105 is not long? well ok. And your right, no point arguing, you’re just going to your same thing over and over that they can’t beat your dps without looking at the whole picture. There’s plenty good builds, and that’s just 1 of them.

WIth Laima, the cd is -20%. 10 second in between owls. If you’re just a mad little FS that knows nothing of DIev, stop trying.

Look kid, where did I say this build will work for everything?
Protip: I didn’t.

It’s not a one build fits all, it’s a one build fits most. With most priest buffs being SCROLLABLE and revives potentially coming from free soul stones, there’s really no point to go FS priest.

It’s not a one build fits all, it’s a one build fits most.

WIth Laima, the cd is -20%. 10 second in between owls. If you’re just a mad little FS that knows nothing of DIev, stop trying.

Look kid, where did I say this build will work for everything.
Protip: I didn’t.

Funny how you still don’t see all the aspects even though I laid most of them out. Here’s basically what you both are saying:

“but muh blessing that scales poorly late end game, muh buffs that are scrollable”

With most priest buffs being SCROLLABLE and revives potentially coming from free soul stones, there’s really almost no point to go FS priest (They’re good in pvp due to their ability to revive though, and blessing is ok in PVP seeing how damage is somewhat equalized).

On top of these things, don’t forget about Ausrine, World Tree (which acts as another form of invulnerability seeing how monsters can’t attack in AOE other than bosses), SP statue, and CD Statue.

As @equilibrium31 pointed out, MMOs typically follow the trend of players finding better strategies at dungeons and shift toward the “less support and more dps” meta.

The point of this build is to display that providing decent high dps and really good support are not mutually exclusive things. A reason I don’t post this build to FS builds is because this is not the direction this build is going.

What’s your input on C1 Kriv > C2 Diev > Druid > PD build?

Wondering if level 5 Owls would be good in Earth tower, or just drop druid and get C3 Diev? I’d like to PvP as well that’s why I’m considering Druid for the extra nuke.

The only one mad here is you, looking at the way you reply. And you know what? I also beleive FS is trash, it has no room in this game. I also beleive your build is awesome (altho I would consider going druid c2 instead of PD), and I fully agree the way to go in this game is to bring enough support while being able to dish out good dps. Blessing is very dissapointing and scales poorly, we all know that.

I was only pointing out some diev weakness, because you make them seem godlike, that’s all.

1 Like

I only make it seem godlike (or so you perceive) is because it’s versatile. I present my opinions backed up with facts or experience.

Diev shows that self sustaining DPS as a cleric and support are not mutually exclusive, and that’s why they’re so good IMO. Yes, all builds have some flaws. However, I believe that the flaws of Diev are not as big as FS priests in most scenarios and current endgame. It’s fine if you believe so otherwise. I present my facts, everyone else that disagrees can presents their’s (given it’s not a lot of “what if scenarios”)

As I said many times, I’m not telling people not to play FS. If they love playing support classes, by all means go for it. FS is cool. But my thread is not about FS.

I wouldn’t go into JUST C1 Krivis. If you’re going Krivis, you may want to go at least into C2.

As @Enryu said, it’s better to go deeper into circles than spread them out. You don’t really gain much from Krivis other than the buff increase. You also get Zaibas 5 (which has a hit limit). But are those better than getting another form of invulnerability (Ausrine) and better and harder hitting owl that lasts longer? IMO, no.

If anything you would only get one circle of Diev as I see that Diev is one of the rare exceptions of getting the most bang for your buck with only 1 circle.