Tree of Savior Forum

Not being able to use most payment methods in Steam (BR)

Hi,

I’m trying to buy another pack and, although in half the screen it says Steam accepts many different payment methods, in the other half it shows very few options, being them: Paypal, Visa, MasterCard and JCB.

As far as I know they were going to block Boleto only, but i’m trying to buy using American Express card. Apparently I will have to buy R$ 100 steam wallet funds to later buy this Pack, but steam wallet accepts boleto anyway, so…

I don’t get the point, is this intended at all? Maybe a mistake?
Was it intended to block all the other methods as well, including some credit cards?? o_o

Now we have to invest more money than needed to buy it…

ToS packs:

Steam wallet:

Can any staff member clarify this, please?

Thank you!

you could just make a paypal account, and attach your amex card to that.

ToS Staff have nothing to do with that, you have to ask Steam staff for that.

It’s IMC who can confirm if blocking other payment methods was intended, which is what I asked. If not, it’s IMC who needs to ask steam to change that again.

So… :slight_smile:

No they don’t, you know about the great mess with the Boleto Bancario, 2 weeks ago, Steam removed that from all, i do believe it is from all since it could be done on other games, it was a flaw, either be from Steam system or BoaCompra system i don’t care, but it is on Steam jurisdiction since the money fall on their hands first. IMC just reported the problem to them, now about the other methods, i always bought with MastarC even if it is International, i had to use as Nacional card which led me to BoaCompra page from there.

Not sure if there is something similar for AExpress cards tho.

Hum, makes some sense, but steam still accepts boleto for their steam wallet, as other stores and payment gates still accepts it. I would bet it’s a problem on steam’s side (on sending the flag that the payment has been made) and not on boleto’s side.

I didn’t notice Steam disabled it from other games as well.

About the national/international, it has to do with the way the payment is processed and not to the card itself. We can use an international card for both national and international options, but the second has gave me extra taxes, related to currency conversion.

EDIT: I bought the pack through Steam wallet (amex).

Not sure what it is, i still blame their built-in browser, i doubt that thing have any good security lol.

It should be the right thing to do, since it originated from other game, not ToS.

Mine never was accepted as international, even tho i use it on other places lol.

Nice, i am still debating if i should buy it or no, i wanted a confirmation from TP pack prices, but from what i could see on the Pack shop, 650 TP will be the 170 one.

I didn’t try on Steam but I tried on League of Legends and the only difference was I had a tax to pay. :P[quote=“Nirimetus, post:7, topic:212436”]
Nice, i am still debating if i should buy it or no, i wanted a confirmation from TP pack prices, but from what i could see on the Pack shop, 650 TP will be the 170 one.
[/quote]

I’m thinkin about the regional prices, which were around 50% the original ones. I mean, with this 50% discount we are paying almost the same, so these packs still holds great value for how much TP they give.
Unless they give a bigger discount on the SA server, there’s nothing to lose here :slight_smile:

and yes, I was out of TP already ><

Yeah i get what you mean, it was 90 before they updated it, actually, it had to be 170 since the beginning, since the dollar here is 3.6x the value of our currency, if not more now, haven’t check lately, but now we got something close to 10% discount.