Tree of Savior Forum

Non-Meta Ice Wizard Build. Thoughts?

Hi! I’ve been playing around skill simulators lately for a new character I want to make. I tend to step away from meta builds for pointless reasons (i know).
Can someone please have a look at the build I came up with?

My role can be CC (enhanced by sage’s skill attributes), with a bit of DPS that’s boosted by Quick Cast and RC’s Rune of Ice.
I only took 2 levels of Rune of Giants for the MSPD utility and for helping out with tanks in grinding in the future. Took 3 levels of Rune of Justice for added DPS skill. (needs proper casting position, though)

*and i know i could’ve taken at least 1 Kino rank for Ice Wall + PP combo, but I already have that kind of character, I wanted to try out something new. lel

And I really love the Snow Rolling skill, I think it’s a cute and quirky skill ohoho.

So, yeah! I’d really appreciate it if you guys would have a look at it and tell me what you think. Criticisms (non-offensive) are accepted.

Cheers!

bump
I’m actually wondering too if this kind build can work, I have thought this build too via simulator sometimes ago b4 rank 8 comes (wiz3>cryo3>rc), but never have chance to make it

ooohh. :open_mouth: let’s just wait for other replies. maybe they’ll have better analysis of this. :smiley:

The build is fine, I’m doing the same route (but different in purpose):

• Should leave Lethagy at level 1.
  • You can get Reflect shield in PvP purpose (very little bit helpful), or just inorge this.
  • Even with QC, I find level 1 Ice bolt is hard to quick-tap. In case a swordman chasing / rushing in me, I wanna a quick-tap bolt.

oohh good point!

• i took 3 levels in lethargy just in case i need the extra attributes for it (i highly doubt it tho so i might consider your suggestion)
  • i was thinking that cuz i think i have 11 points to spare on the wizard tree, then again, i’ve never tried pvping and i dont think i’m gonna do it anytime soon.
  • hmm, i think i can lose 2 levels off of ice pike so i can have lvl 3 ice bolt and then possibly get an ice rod (or audra) for the extra levels.

how far are you with this build? is it good damage wise in general pve? :slight_smile:

In progress, jst started a few days, rank 5 now. So… I cannot say, but I dont focus on damage dealer in PvE.
I played 2 RC before, so I decided to make the 3rd. Main purpose for PvP and join my Guild party ET :slight_smile:

bumpitty bump bump~ :smiley:
/20chars

How do your work going? :smiley:

FOR PVE -

I find this so hilarious how poeple want to avoid common build that much to have a unique build which are the end is shiet. Meta builds aren’t meta build for nothing.

And at the end, after leveled their unique build character want to play the game, you know ; trying to do end game stuff shiet such as worldboss, earthtower, or just high level grindin.
And the magic of selfishness break when they found that mmo content is with others poeple and not a solo game.
Meta build will be the one poeple will look to play with and the non meta wanted builds will be the one that have special precise synergie with others skills class.

In conclusion if you don’t want to be like everyone else and enjoy the game you should look for build that help/synergie or complete others class. And avoid dps , caz the goal of a dps is to have the best damage and that’s what meta dps build are about. No one care about dps not doing damage. #Monk #Swordman #Mage summoners #Rainbows builds…

Well I stop shiet talks here some ideas

sorc for cat buff

hmm… you’re right about that. i’ll still try to push through my build, though. if i were to not like it then i can always make a different one. :smiley: (i’m also in the process of making an ar3 > sc3 > falc > mergen farming char)
thank you!

still at lvl 42 LOL! i’m playing with an IRL friend but we’re both busy atm because school and time-consuming homeworks + stress :frowning:

It’s hard path to follow xD
Hope to see you finish soon

Consider the new combo: sorcerer>sage

Enchanter is useful, but bat army is fun.

I dont know about any good builds using it, but i would go with cryo3>kino>sorcerer2>sage or cryo2>kino2, though its more for pvp utility (subzero shield+ bat army). Seems a hell to level though. And we need more data about sage synergy to understand how well it will work.

I thought of wizard3>cryo3>rc>kino

considering ice and lightning element will got equip booster too (like fire element got agni necklace?), can’t imagine how much QC+Rune of Ice+IW+PP combo damage :smiley:

yeah this build sounds nice, but i ever think if is better than elementalist builds?

For bossing, yeah. Which means it will stay relevant for a long time, but you lack damage aside the combo though you do have cc.

Still, i would consider with pyro>sage variant, seems to do more damage while having one or two more skills to compensate the combo on cooldown.

lets wait for rank 9 maybe there is a new ice class to make cryomancer the best dps because already have CC.

Or you could give the best support to your party and make some money with cryo3>chrono3>enchanter (nobody talking about this build makes me sad :confused: )