Tree of Savior Forum

No excuses allowed

As I stated in my previous post, I don’t agree with the price adjustment that IMC made. It is their right to do so , however, and it doesn’t matter very much given that the game will be free in 8 days.

It does matter …for cheaper early TP for future use, but you’re right. They do have the right to do so, not that we can do anything about it.

1 Like

That is a valid point, and should be addressed. I think the most fair solution would be everyone in a country that had the price raised more than 10% should get a one time coupon for 30% off a TP purchase of $100 or less…or something to that effect. This would balance everything out in the end.

I don’t think this will fix it at all. They need to bring back regional price, atleast when f2p launch since there will be no use of founder pack anymore. If not, I doubt anyone outside of first world country would even bother to spend money to get a skill reset in this game that is filled with bots while restricting every inch of the game for you.

[quote=“Vanic, post:10, topic:206315, full:true”]hotels that go as low as $8-10 a night, with meals averaging $4. It will literally be significantly cheaper to rent hotels and eat out every day there than it would be to rent a one bedroom apartment here and eat nothing but rice and eggs. Do you think they should pay the same amount for a game that I should? $50 holds WAY less value here than it does there.
[/quote]
Do you realize that developers from IMC are not living in one of those countries? Neither they’re charitable organization. They’ve made a product and they set a fixed price for their product.

If you were to sell something on ebay, let’s say something you bought for $200 from your local store (with money you worked for). You want to sell it for at least $150 because the thing is still relatively new and in good condition, so you set a fixed price of $150 for that item. Would you sell it for $40 instead of $150 just because a buyer is from Thailand? Well… maybe you would, but that’s not how business works. They need to run a company and pay salaries to a lot of staff (first world country level salaries).

I don’t know how many times I have to repeat the same thing:

DLC DID NOT INCREASE IN PRICE, they just removed the regional prices from steam in order to AVOID abuse and exploitation from RMTers, wich is a perfectly valid reason.

quoting myself so that these people can understand WHY this had to be done:

2 Likes

They did, your argument is invalid. Now please leave.

2 Likes

Actually that is EXACTLY how business works. Maybe that’s not how things work in your little e-bay focused world, but real brick-and-mortar businesses charge different prices based on whichever country they are based in. Do you think Starbucks in Indonesia charge $6 for a cup of coffee? Be real. Businesses in the USA even regionally charge depending on where in this country they are located!

I’m not sure how this concept confuses you. I thought I explained it pretty clearly. It’s honestly just common sense if you actually think about it.

Alright, if that’s how you’re going to talk, I can tell you that your little Starbucks focused world is a completely irrelevant and silly example. Because at the very least Starbucks in Indonesia pays Indonesian salaries to their staff, not to mention cost and sources of ingredients they use.

IMC don’t have branches all over the world, their business is in South Korea and that’s where they develop this game, while having to pay South Korean rent, pay South Korean salaries, etc.

Do you finally understand the difference? THEY ARE LOCATED IN SOUTH KOREA, not in Brasil, not in Indonesia, not in Africa. There is only ONE place where this game was developed.

Because using ME as an example is a MUCH better example, right? You literally used a single person selling something on e-bay as an example of an international company and have the audacity to talk about the absurdity of a legitimate example. I’m done here. You have nothing of even minor value to contribute. If you ever gain some common sense, I’ll be here waiting for you.

Well then…lets follow your logic…
If they are at South Korea shouldnt they charge us for Korean currency ???

Just don’t bother. He clearly doesn’t know how international companies work. He cited a single person selling on e-bay as a prime example of an international company…

My example was just something abstract (it doesn’t matter whether it’s about you, e-bay or any other company… logic remains the same) but accurate unlike yours - if it cost you a very specific amount of money to make something and you have a very specific price tag on it, it doesn’t make sense to make it cheaper for person B than for person A just because person B is poor.

And I thought I explained in details why your example isn’t even applicable to ToS. Again, because lower prices in Indonesia are applied to a business owner as well (rent, salaries, ingredients, etc), not only to his customers.

You’re the one who lacks common sense and basic knowledge here, yet trying to accuse me of that even after a proper explanation. That’s called being delusional.

2 Likes

IMC need to make a newer version of founder pack, but instead of the previous ones all they need to do are releasing a server bound pack while basing the price according to the region. For example:

Founder 1[Klaipeda] - NA region/Price
Founder 1[Fedimian] - EU region/Price
Founder 1[Telsial] - SEA region/Price

With this, instead of pricing using NA price they can have 3 prices that would fit the currency on the international players on their region. I know, I know. Some of you still won’t get a good deal but still, with this lots of other players will be able to afford it instead of the current NA price.

Furthermore, you will not be able to use “vpn” and buy founder pack for cheap on SEA region and then transfer it to your Orsha account since the founder you bought will be region locked(Honestly this should had been inside the steam system already). And if you’re saying those players will be playing on SEA because it is cheap, then you are dumb since they will mostly get 500ms(considering all those exploiters are from first world country).

With this, problem solved. There might be some hiccups like certain 3rd world country get stuck with EU/NA price(collateral damage), or some people that are playing on klaipeda but are from SEA, you are on your own(collateral damage hehe). What I know is with this method at least 70% of international players will be able to buy the sales in few days, and that is clearly a better profit than what we’re having now with like none international players are willing to buy when the sales hit.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In the UK minimum wage for over 25 is £7.20 which is about $10.36 an hour. The price did actually rise in the UK about 10%. :confused:

Increase the price of a digital game product creates the following :

• Topic on countries’ minimum wages
  • Salt
  • Salt
  • And more Salt.

Tree of Salts

@renanforsaken2 , no one need to find an excuse for this, stop being so demanding over nothing

The difference doesn’t effect me at all. I already bought the pack. I live in the city where Valve is based out of, and the standard of living is quite high here.

I do, however, think it’s unfair for IMC to do this to other countries, though I do understand their reasoning and respect their right to do so.

Steam regional pricing is great for just about every genre of games until you hit the MMOs. The problem with regional pricing is that people will shop around for the cheapest price, and when the game is supposed to put everybody on equal footing, you get problems such as what we’ve seen announced.

IMC’s mistake in this was to include the world simply due to the fact that every world economy is different. When you try to unite the real world in a virtual world, this is exactly what you get. Shopping to save that buck.

Except you can literally get your Steam account banned for this. It’s a blatant violation of the ToS.