Tree of Savior Forum

Newbie Sorcerer HELP!

New sorcerer here, hello! I have a lot of questions as to how the sorcerer class works and what i can do to make my build better.

Bug?

How come my templeshooter suddenly stops attacking out of nowhere??
This happens all the time when I’m trying to farm.

Also, is it possible to stop summoning the monster so that it doesn’t drain my SP? It’s so annoying when i’m trying to use some of my other skills but i can’t because my mana is being drained hard by the grimoire.

Skills

Everyone says to max out the skills: Summoning Summon Familiar and Summon Servant, why isn’t Summon Salamion any useful? And I heard news that summon familiar is going to be nerfed and will deal less damage in the future.

I know that summoning takes up a massive amount of SP, so is there any other way to save them other than using SP potions?

If you have anything helpful to say, please reply! Thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure how that happens, i never got that, what happens sometimes is, my TS or any other summon i may use go a bit away from me and the mob can have fun while i am not watching in a map corner.

Right click on the summon icon in the buff tray.[quote=“Pantem, post:1, topic:302576”]
Everyone says to max out the skills: Summoning Summon Familiar and Summon Servant, why isn’t Summon Salamion any useful? And I heard news that summon familiar is going to be nerfed and will deal less damage in the future.
[/quote]

In all honestly, summon salamion is terrible, does half descent damage, but it goes on its own accord, you can’t control, and it only does basic damage.
In counterpart, Summon Familiar have small AoE, cause heavy damage and if you are Linker it will shine.
Summon Servant is your buffer, it give you and your team some nice buffs that don’t overwrite other’s buffs, only add up to it.

No, Summons will always keep sucking your SP until you run out or you keep it alive using pots.

On my Sorc my SPR is low, i think i only have 30, but i got over 3k SP so it is plenty, i also am a Pyro C2 and Linker C1 so not only my summon drain SP but my skills too, i took Alch C1, i regret a bit but at least my Lv 5 SP pots can keep me going as long as i want, and yeah, i make my pots on field while my summon is out, that way i am protected while making pots.
I use Ride skill a lot too, if you move around with it your SP will drop faster of course, but i use it when i have the mob locked with Fire Pilar or some other stun source, then i can cast the summon skills.
It depend on the build, you can do well with summon.

Thanks a lot for giving me clarity on the class, guess i gotta go stocking some SP pots :laughing: Thanks again!!

Also, servant can grant u +50 magic defense buff and +50 dark properly atk