Tree of Savior Forum

New Support... need advices

Hello there,

I am thinking to start a new char.

I only like to be a support (pve) in this kind of game.

So then…

Which and why wizards builds are the best considerate in PVE?

Thanks

Wiz > Cryo > Linker 2 > Chrono 3

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3

honestly, chrono is the best support branch for wizards. Thauma is also good but not as much.

1 Like

what is the difference between to get Cryo 1 and get Cryo 3 in the game style?

I am absolutely noob

Thanks

Go cryo 3, you will like it.

Cryo 3 Chrono 3 is one of the best skill setups for current endgame.

Cryo 3 gives you subzero shield (best defensive wizard spell), frost pillar (one of the best CC AoEs) and some freezing spells.

Question… Can I share my subzero shild in my party ?? because I cant read it in any part I could do that

You cant, even with linker.

Then, what is the point to get C3 if you want to play as support (pve)?

Cryo3 is all about ice pillar. It’s too good to pass.

Oh I see…

Then I will try a this support…

Which stat should I use? I have read full CON, am I right?

Could you give me a nice build… I have found that one but I am not sure if it is the best.

Thanks In advance

Frost Pillar is one of the best Wizard skills for PvE.

Subzero Shield is one of the best Wizard skills for PvP.

Full CON or something like 2:1 CON:INT or 1:1 INT:CON, whatever you enjoy playing.

1. Gust is terrible. You will regret putting that point in it
  2. You will want to max out frost wall. It does crazy damage when melees hitting it. There is a guide for it as well, you should watch it.
  3. If you are not going to participate in pvp at all, i suggest not to lvl subzero shield at all, as its pretty much useless in pve.
  4. You also want to have dps slaves by your side all the time, cause your damage gonna suck ._.

Then which build do you recommend to me?

Why Chronomancer is better than Thaumaturge?

1. Lvl1 gust is good to have as utility. No sense in not taking it.
  2. If you want to maximize damage with icewall against melees, you’ll want to have gust to unfreeze everything frozen against it (and it blasts ice shards off the wall).
  3. If you are going to be full support, then you’re probably going to have a ton of CON so you might as well get the one protection spell and act like a secondary tank.
  4. Accurate.
  1. I have cryo3/chrono2 atm and i really regret taking gust. It does 0 damage, pushes for less distance than energy bolt and simply slow af.
  2. I meant to place ice wall for my melees, not against them ._.
  3. Subzero shield doesnt give me any protection in pve, unless i have stone skin on.

then rockmond what will be your build?

Haste is imo the single best buff in the game. By itself it makes the game 25% more fun. Pass has great synergy with everything.

Don’t take me wrong, Thau is great and quite underrated. It’s just that their buffs aren’t as universal (they benefit mostly multihit, dual wielders and/or magic classes) and the fact that they are flat turns a lot of people off. Still they are VERY substancial.

I’d go for this.

Gust does damage when you get the attribute.

As a full con cryo? No it does not, really.

Well I didn’t know you were full Con. Could still use it for an extra chance to AoE freeze with Audra