Tree of Savior Forum

New servers - Community concers [Megathread]

I don’t believe that 10 shards a day per character is a big deal in the new servers. the new mercenary badge system will allow us to get 5 blessed gems a day per account and we are already getting 2 gems a day per account.

2 Likes

The bonus shards are rewarded only from Amiss Dog and Madon Maiden. They are not provided from any other content.

3 Likes

Since it’s a thread for concerns, I’ll say my concern is: why this? I’m still struggling to find the reason behind this new IMC move.

They say they want new players to advance quickly through content? I had the impression people can reach max level in a few days with all the exp boosts in the current servers anyway.

Then they hand free items like lv.400 legendary weapons and +11 T8 scrolls, just like they do in the current servers, again defeating the purpose of even playing the content to get those kind of things and almost acknowledging that very content isn’t fun to do.

Guess I’ll stop cracking my head and ignore this new odd stunt.

1 Like

new horde of super buffed multi-account alts is coming guys, just when we’ll get full rewards from cm’s to all party members, how nice @_@

Will actual server accounts be transfered automaticaly?
Or i need so register too?

Tell if i’m wrong, but i understood that the “new server” is the same (with the new Content) just with a boost for “new” players?

#QuoteDoesn’tCountFor20Char

1 Like

The biggest issue is the now outdated early game. everything from lv1-380 is barely part of the main game (as they keep giving you transcended lv400 savinose gear anyway). 90% of the maps are redundant, the quests are buggy, partying to do quests is a chore, spawns are horrible and only a few maps are feasible grinding spots, different property and mob types barely make any difference, etc. I’ve known so many people who wanted to try to get back into the game just to get frustrated with the levelling process, and skipping it like that isn’t the solution really. I’d be surprised if there was any increase in player base from this event at all.

2 Likes

I think they’re trying to do the fresh start thing. Like what Path of Exile does with seasons for example.

It’s really not a great fit for ToS in it’s current state… But… I like the idea?

And it at least focuses part of the community that is interested in the event back on the leveling experience. That gives the devs a little momentum and leeway to work on the early game a bit instead of just working on spitting out new end game content.

And just focusing on end game is really hard to sustain cause that just keeps putting more and more distance between the new players and the end game players. And you run the risk of making content that people are just going to skip anyway. And all your freshest stuff always ends up at the end of the game so if you were really crappy starting out you’re going to have a bad time.

As far as moves going I think it’s actually a good move. But they really should have done this along with a leveling revamp. Like something to support players that want to grind in a party or something like that for this event.
I kinda feel like they’re doing the 1/2 right thing. They’re setting themselves up for problems but they’re at least trying to put together a good system. It’s just a system other games do a lot better because they setup for it before hand.

Monumental waste of time and resources. An entire server dedicated to some event you have every other few months for a transcendence scroll an a growing legend weapon.

Shutter the doors already.

1 Like

I think that’s why IMC will release Ep.12 together of new servers, so player will be busy.

The problem here is not the company, but players what will abuse of this new server.

1 Like

I really believe they should do something i propose the following:

• New permanent server for every region;
  • NO BONUS ITEMS;
    If you give free stuff people will keep wanting free stuff and not PLAYING THE GAME!

Make it easier to drop equipments in early levels so we identify and look for stuff while grinding!

• NO BONUS EXPERIENCE;
    Ok this game is great so make everyone walk through it do NOT throw everyone at end game because there is great content elsewhere!
    Give extra experience for CONTENT so we can enjoy doing all quests and some bonus for clearing all quests in a region
    Or just remove experience from quests and start giving attribute points only here!
  • NO CONTENT ENTRANCE LIMIT;
    This is really bad, because people dont play because they cant find people to play with and people stop playing when they do daylies… Make so that we NEED to play to do better content…
    We need to kill purple minion to get to a CM, We need a raid stone to get into a dungeon, we need a legend raid stone to get into greater dungeons, We need to kill elites for blessed shards…
  • REPLACE THE STONES WE GET IN CONTENT SO WE CAN SELECT ANY DROP WHEN WE GET 50;
    This just to ensure people will get what they really want if they do the content enough!
  • REPLACE WORLD BOSSES AND PUT THEM INTO LEGENDARY DUNGEONS
    So far everybody complains about how laggy it is so why not make it great to a team to beat it? Give stones so people will get the wanted items once they killed 50 of this content (gold cards!)
  • REMOVE SILVER FROM GAME;
    People will talk and trade…
  • REMOVE NPC STORES;
    No money no way to sell stuff for silver; (You can keep the TP shop)
  • REMOVE TRADING LIMITS;
    Let people trade everything without limits or maybe do not allow legendary items trading…
  • LET TOKEN ONLY ADD DROP CHANCE
    This is enough if people really feel it helps they do content
    Lets say a token user opens a box you should roll twice and get the better roll when selecting the item he will get!
  • MAKE ANVILS ITEMS SQUIRES MAKE FROM DROPABLE STUFF
    Lets say planium anvils good for 400- weapons and require 10 planiuns to make and while its forged there is a chance it doesnt consume all 10 by the Squire Skill level and attributes
  • MAKE BLESSED GEMS ITEM MADE BY PARDONERS
    Similar to above… Pardoners use skill and have chance to not consume all 10 blessed shards when making a gem
  • MAKE ANVIL ALSO +10 MAX (NO GRIEFING) GIVING THE 10% DAMAGE / DEFENSE UPGRADE EACH
    Upgrade Chance = 100 - (current upgrade level x 10)
  • MAKE GEMS LEVEL UP WHEN KILLING STUFF

Make things simple and let us play!

plot twist: they dont merge it in the end, and it kill the motivation of all exploiter who already got trapped in the new server and in their own greediness

4 Likes

Perfect summary. Unless ofc the new servers come with episode 12 right off the bat while the old servers stay the same until May and the merge. Then there is one reason to make a new account on the new servers: playtest episode 12 before it’s released. However, I’m still thinking there should be NO merge and just leave the new servers as test servers. New players should join the normal servers where the real playerbase is.

2 Likes

Decent idea, but very poorly implemented. Maybe IMC will actually hear its players’ concerns for once and change the way they roll this out, but considering how late they announced the details and how short a time frame they gave for pre-registration they probably don’t have time to do anything meaningful, especially without introducing some bugs and instability issues. Overall they shot themselves in the foot once again and there’s virtually 0 chance this brings anyone into the game solely on the basis of the inability for anyone who has ever played the game in the past to play on this server without a new Steam account. Only people who are already invested in the game will do that, and they’ll do it to farm blessed gems.

2 Likes

Make it a fresh start server for everyone. Let behind all the exploits and broken economy of old server and bring back early game for everyone to enjoy and advance together and unite playerbase. We don’t even need the buffs.

3 Likes

A test server would have been better than this

2 Likes

Unless they reset to a near launch version, there will be no early game even on a new server. 99% of content is irrelevant in the current version of the game.

1 Like

man what a let down… i hope i can comeback and start a new with others but it turn out just a temporary server and will merge at the end.

1 Like

Since episode 12 is announced for Feb 11 for all the servers, this is indeed a complete waste. The game was moribund, not it’s schizophenic too…

2 Likes

This server only exists for mass Botters and people who enjoy having multiple accounts

9 Likes