Tree of Savior Forum

New / Returning: Plague Doctor

Hi,

I’m trying to get back into ToS after reading about Re:Build but I’m really at a total loss. I can’t say I played more than a month or two at the initial release so my grasp of the game is less than stellar to begin with.
I decided to start a new character and right away I knew I wanted to try out Plague Doctor, simply based on the concept and aesthetic really.
I started leveling but immediately I’m at a loss. Trying to find some info on a build I found the build ranking page and noticed Cleric - Priest - Oracle - Plague Doctor is actually the most popular build.
That’s all well and good, guess I’m on to something, but what about skills? Is the popular build a end game support build or can you use it to level? And what about status points?

So far I got Cleric to 15 then picked Priest, with no skills invested in Priest yet.
Any advice would be greately appriciated.

The build you said is most popular but it’s important to understand what exactly that is.

PD Priest Oracle is 3 supporting classes, this is a build with no good attacks, lacks synergy, and a lot of it’s best skills are either defensive, or useless to itself.

This is the “You’re my bitch” build, you protect 4 babies from the very lackluster PvE that this game has to offer, when those failures suicide, your revive goes off, you spam heals and buffs and debuffs.

I would never combine these 3 classes together, but when paired with 2 real classes they’re all pretty good so long as there is synergy. As far as skill points this is what I would do https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4128e.1521836175.1f3a41b1586595.2b415191718adab5c5.1f2a41aa61715295

Priest and Plague Doctor work well with Paladin/Inquisitors
Oracle and Plague Doctor work well with Zealots/Monks

Exorcist lacks classes to really synergize with and the ones it does create some really weird and not optimal builds (Stuff like Exorcist/Inquisitor) but it’s a decent PvE standalone class so often you might find these 3 classes being paired with it, to make a mostly support build but not one that is entirely useless on it’s own.

Definitely do not base your own build on what is most popular, look for stuff that’s actually effective, there are a lot of bad builds out there. If you want a build that is good on it’s own, try starting with a class you like that is good on it’s own and then find out it’s strengths, weaknesses and synergies.

I kind of guessed that it was a support build only. I’d rather try something that actually works solo as well, since starting out fresh I really don’t have anyone to play with. The problem is of course to decide what is actually strong and what synergizes, with all the different choices to make it’s pretty hard to sift through it all.

Problem with picking priest first is that you are relying on autoattacking with blessing to kill things. Picking PD first probably makes more sense since that’s where all your damage is going to come from via BDS and incinerate.

The reason people go priest oracle right now is because those 2 classes cover all the bases. Any third class works well with those. Priest gives you revive and oracle gives you death sentence. You can spread the PD points out to be more “damage” oriented but the DoTs don’t really scale that well with level and many of the support skills in PD do.

So that’s why it’s the most popular build. PD is flexible, oracle has the best damage buff in the game, and priest has revive.

That isn’t to say that you need to be that build. I have a DPS cleric which is sadhu PD exo, I think it’s fun. High sustained PVE damage. Nothing in PVE is really all that threatening right now. But I’d probably never bring it to PVP unless I knew for sure we had enough priests and oracles, and it’s never going to outDPS a pure DPS class because by design, a cleric is still a hybrid DPS. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I think plague-exorcist is great at solo but also provide some use in a party.

The question now is the third class. I went with druid for a more dps-oriented build (and minor healing for party with chrotasmata). If you want a more support-oriented build priest is a nice choice.

Skill points (just samples. you can adjust a bit here and there; I can post my build if you really want):

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41ek5.15216175.112f41aa61715495.1f3f.6fa1b18591
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41ek2.15216175.112f41aa61715495.1f3f.1f3a41516595

1 Like

Well for me it’s really about playing PD, the rest of the choices in my mind was to do that as efficiently as possible.

Well if you want to be a PD, and you are currently a priest, my recommendation is to go Priest PD and Zealot.

This is not the ideal Zealot build but it’s usable while you learn the game and fits with what you got and think you want.

This way you play an okay build while you learn the game and then when you decide if you like PD after the massive incoming nerfs, you can stick with it and drop Priest, Zealot or both, and go something that fits even better.

Interesting suggestions. I don’t see a lot of people mixing heal classes with zealot, especially considering zealot is a physical dps, and fanaticism makes mass heal and healing factor less useful. I guess you can say the idea is to quickly gain back the HP lost during fanaticism. I still think exorcist is better suited for players learning about the game.

Yeah Plague Doctor and Zealot actually cancel each other’s skills (Fanaticism >< Healing Factor, iirc) so it can’t really be an optimal build.

Except if you’re going full support and use HF only to your party member, I guess.

Or you go pvp anyways and just tof whoever is low.

ez

Thanks for the responses, not sure I’m any less confused though.

Not a self sufficient build, relies on allies to do all the work so you can reap the rewards.

Exactly the way it has to be. Ultimate leech