Tree of Savior Forum

New Player Looking for Swordsman Build

Hey there, i just startet Tos a week ago.

My first char is a Cleric>Priest>Oracle i played to lvl 202 and want to try something new.

As a newbie i cant find any builds, better said i dont know which build suits a beginner like me.

If you have any suggestion for a good Swordsman Build ill be thankful

For a Beginner, who wants to discover the ways of a Swordsman, I’d advise you try the good ol’
Highlander>Barbarian>Doppel

It’s really good, fun and simple

1 Like

okay thx i will try this Build
I startet with barbar, but this should be okay too, or is it better to choose the Highlander first?

By the way, what Skills do i need to upgrade? i really dont`t know whats good and what not.

So far i have chosen the folloing skills:

Swordsman : Thrust 1/5 ; Bash 5/5 ; Gun Ho 5/5
Barbarian : Cleave 15/15 ; Seism 10/10 ; Frezny 1/10 ; Pouncing 2/5

thank you!

You can use this.
You can put 10 in cleave and 10 warcry. feel free to change the build

1 Like

oh nice Build.

didn’t know that the Doppelsoldner had a Cyclone Skill … Leveling would`ve been easier with this xD

Yes, take this route for better leveling - Doppel > Barb > Highlander.

Doppel has amazing AoE skills, Barb too, and High is for end game.

1 Like

Y but don’t worry you won’t have any trouble leveling a Barbarian either

1 Like

yeah, i almost can kill the Mobs in the Farming Spots with 1 Seism hit.

But the Start (20-50)was a bit slow without “real” AoE.
I was faster by using basic Attacks rather than my low lvl Sowrdsman/Barb Skills.

Here’s a very new-player friendly build you can try:

Barb + Doppel + Peltasta

You could go Doppel first, but I imagine going Doppel 2nd will give you slightly more STR growth between Doppel and Peltasta. Doppel will likely be much more fun, so don’t hesitate to go Doppel first then Barb then Peltasta.

This build is for AoE farming and is very straightforward. Peltasta is strictly for Swashbuckling and Guardian buff (which you will want to have for emergency situations), and having it last means more CON focus so you will take more hits than normal.

Barbarian is a staple in this build. Frenzy buff is extremely nice, so is Warcry when you are surrounded. Since you will be able to Swashbuckle later, you will get more out of Warcry later. Pouncing has to be held down to utilize. Seism is great (even stuns bosses!). For leveling, you can get 1 point into Stomping Kick and then re-skill at a later time to regain the point to put into something else… Stomping Kick’s AoE Attack Ratio is pretty bad, but it has 5 overheats and is fun to use at times. Cleave is a staple as either a follow-up after the Seism stun, Dopple’s Punish (keep the knockdown attribute on), or as a pre-buff before Doppel rotations.

Doppel is a bit more involved, but definitely fun! To utilize Punish, you either knockdown with Swordsman Bash after getting the Bash Knockdown attribute, or after Cleave with the Cleave Remove Knockdown turned off, then you can Punish.

The main rotation for Doppel is Zornhau -> Zucken -> Redel, and Zwerchau -> Zucken -> Redel. You only really need one point into Zornhau and Zwerchau , but you definitely want Zwerchau and its attribute to combo into Zucken and Redel so you have more opportunities to use Zucken and Redel.

Cyclone is really nice, get the move and extension attributes. Deeds of Valor is also a stable buff in this build as it greatly amplifies your damage output.

Douple Pay Earn can be difficult to utilize at times, but you have it when you feel you can use it for farming equipment.

Sturtzhau is optional, but gives you an extra filler attack for bosses or against a small amount of mobs.

This build isnt anything fancy, and definitely not for bossing… but it is fun :3

1 Like

thx for this guide.

I’ve already gone for the Barb>Doppel so i have to decide later if i going for Highlander or Peltasta

Highlander will give you a lot of damage but, you’ll have low defense.
Peltasta will give you a lot of defense but, you’ll have lower damage.
Moreover, idk if Hard Shield is bugged tho. Maybe someday IMC will fix it or never.

mh, i think ill try highlander first then.
If i cant get thgrough the game with this ill go for Peltasta with another char then.

thx for all the advices

Highlander will make your bossing more efficient as you’ll have more abilities to use against a single target. The growth of Highlander is also more oriented for dps, so you’ll get more damage that way.

Peltasta is strictly for Swashbuckling and the occasional Guardian buff. It makes farming/leveling on maps much easier, especially if you’re fighting “neutral” enemies (enemies that do not aggro until attacked). That being said, it isn’t necessary in some contexts where you can just run around and get aggro on mobs… but otherwise it does save time.