Tree of Savior Forum

New player here, wondering if its worth getting into this game in 2020

I played this game for a few hours one night last year, but in the end got distracted by other games. Decided to download it again because I’m in the mood for a grindy game. How is the population compared to something like Dragon Nest NA, which is pretty much dead? Is it something I can realistically enjoy while working 40 hours a week? And is there any P2W elements?

I love the artstyle and the combat is satisfying so far (literally played like 45 minutes after getting it installed) on my wizard. Definitely has me interested.

PVE: definitely worth getting
PVP: never touch that
Raid: only for the +16 weapon user

1 Like

Going to be honest. The game just isn’t worth getting into if you are new. Yes you may enjoy it for a while but eventually you’ll start to see the glaring issues with this game that has kept the population so low and split across 4 servers.

5 Likes

It’s a great casual game, so definitely something you can play, if you work 40 hours a week. Early game is easy. End game is challenging.

Population on Klaipeda is decent enough to find people to do party content. The main city is always full. Fedimian and Orsha are lively with vendors and players. The same goes for the South American and SEA server. The game has a small, but dedicated community.

You can get pretty much all the stuff from the cash through events in-game as well.

@calumscott1995
You can tell the whiteknights or IMC staffs doesn’t like when we type or speak our real and true opinion about the game.Hence,why the game is doing horrible because they erase or shove all negative feedback or opinions under the rug so people can’t be heard or express themselves sadly.

I wish you the best of luck,I know this message will be flagged but I at least I tagged you so you can read it even though it will be hidden eventually by the whiteknights =).

4 Likes

If you plan to get into, take the chance with the new server. Still no information available on it.

Is the game nice, addictive, grindy and will take up your time? Yes it is

Will I personally recommend it to others at this point? Maybe not

Will it be worth it for you? Difficult question but I think only you can tell that in time

1 Like

idk why newbie or returning keep asking this s1lly question
do you think i like my neighbour? do you think i will like tomato soup?

and again judging game fun from population and p2w…
better not try any f2p mmo

2 Likes

You’re right because every f2p mmo is trash right now

1 Like

Are you really complaining about character slots of all things? Stop being so cheap and pay the like two and a half dollars LMAO. This is the most common practice for f2p games and this game has so many other real problems, and this is one of the things you cry about? SMH

enjoy the game at your own pace, start with just playing it casually for its artstyle and design. :satisfaction:

grasp even the tiniest bit of the story through the main quests. it’s not as grindy when you do the quests, that is until you reach 360+ :prince:

there is a class change system so you can pretty much do trial and error on what class fits you. though you may need points that’s gained from daily activities to achieve this

reminder that base class is unchangeable, these are the main class you choose when you create your character. swordsman, archer, cleric, wizard, and scout :hey:

try socializing to the locals and gain insight on how some stuff work like upgrades and dungeons and events. :haha:

5 Likes

they make u pay, so u can pay more? does that make sense to you? rly? :haha: also i already explained why having so few char slots and even asking 1 for a PET is ridiculous (still got many pet eggs waiting to hatch), specially on a game that invites u to make LOTS of char options (but still manages to ruin the fun by having to repeat the process of the same boring quests over and over and over)

Also I have spent some money just on getting char slots already (and bought some costumes as well, i don’t actually support the gacha, just took advantage of the 50% off costumes back then), but not on this beta anymore until they fix their :poop:

Buddy, its like 2 dollars. Get over it, I spend 10 times that on lunch in one sitting. If you are worried about a couple dollars going towards one of your hobbies then I’m not sure what to say, I’m sorry? IMC does need to make money you know, they are a business providing a service that costs them money, almost every F2P game charges for character slots. I can understand complaining about Gacha’s since its a cancerous system that preys on gambling addiction, but character slots? Big Yikes.

As for pet slots, yeah its dumb, but I’m pretty sure IMC said a while back they want to change how that system works. Not like you really need more than 2 pets anyways though.

1 Like

Man, i got like like 4 pets (not even counting the free ones) and still want more, and there i go again, its POINTLESS to charge u to be able to use a pet, specially when there is so much work put into making one and they get restricted, it’s not about the price, it’s about the sole concept, putting restrictions on your purchases is ridiculous.
Details like that make the game lose some charm to people who like to buy cosmetic stuff like that in mmorpgs (it’s Marketing 1O1, simple stuff like that and $2 vs $1.99 is what makes a big difference on the consumers) , compared to other games where u can directly buy everything without problems and that lead us to a big problem: GACHA, crap like that should die for the good of everyone, specially ToS
How many people are actually playing the game? how many new people stay? I wonder if the thread owner will stay longer than most

1 Like

gacha will not die in tos or in any other virtual/physical game with gacha.mention one game that have gacha system and remove it because of complain.none.they wont remove it.it will still exist.some game might try a hallucinating safe method like tos medal shop that currently dead so we are not that sad to get bloaters.
gacha is profit from business perspective.people love gambling especially the rich and the crazy+rich.while more reasonable people prefer the other way around. complaining about this system wont get you anywhere in any games with gacha. just leave the game already and stop hoping they will remove what they think will make them more profit.they just stubborn and you dont have the power.

although i agree that pet slot price is a nuisance. but i read somewhere that they are working on it.its just this task probably left on the floor.its somewhere below their prioritization list i believe.and having small team and dozens of workload and endless balancing doesnt help either.
a pet is just for collection purpose and team level which really not impact that much. meanwhile you can get nice extra silvers a day for having 1 400++ toon. thats why it feels unreasonable especially for people who count the slightest penny even for their hobby.

1 Like

not at all brother lmao

I only started playing in November due to a friend telling me about it so I’m not sure I can give you the information you need.

I like the grindy nature of the game. I focus primarily on quests and leveling up. I’m now Level 403 and been doing dungeons and trying to do harder stuff.

I soloed the game all this time due to my friend’s computer dying and having to wait until recently to play the game again.

I talked another friend into playing as well so I created a guild.

We’re still kind of newbies to the game and filling things out in the other aspects such as pvp, party stuff, guild stuff, and so forth.

I haven’t spent a dime on the game either so there’s that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.