Tree of Savior Forum

New player cleric queston

So I noticed cleric has some class paths that (besides support) can be more damage or tank oriented. For late game dungeons and content, can you play as a dps or tank and bring another player in as a designated healer? or do you still focus on support even if the class is not optimal? With match made dungeons, does it assume you will be healing? Thanks :slight_smile:

Yes you can! You can also do both DPS and healing! I have done it before with specific skills/classes build. You won’t have high DPS compare to a real dps build but it still strong enough to go along with the team!

Several classes builds example:

Exorcist + Priest + Oracle: Strong AoE + revival package + powerful debuff + burst healing focuses

Exorcist + Druid + Diev: DPS rotation with Cooldown + SP Reduction focuses

Exorcist + Inquisitor + Zealot: Hybrid tank heavy focus with double 1 HP undying buff!

1 Like

Any build suggestions for Sadhu? Can I use zealot move on my body? or use monk double punch as a projection? Can I use cleric to get more attack speed with Sadhu? Or does cleric’s attack speed work with monks double punch?

Sadhu is just bad atm, wait for the big balance patch

you can use all skills with your body while you are in the OOB state, but they will only work around your body (unless they are ground targeted, in which case you can aim where it hits),
e.g. Immolation and Fanatic Illusion will cause their effect around your real body, not your Astral Body.

No idea what you mean with this, but the attack speed of Out of Body state is fixed, it cannot be increased.

Double Punch works as an attack stance which changes the animation and increases the attack speed of your basic attacks ( when you press your basic attack button to attack).
The attack speed increase of Double Punch does not affect skills like God Smash, Smite or Demolition. Since Out of Body counts as a skill, it’s also not affected by Double Punch.

Yes, but be aware that clerics have one of the worst crit rate and attack value in the game, so you need a high investment to deal good damage.

Cleric still cannot tank since paladin has his armors durability reduced every time he covers for other peoples damage inside Barrier.

or people use potions and learn to play the game. With the upcoming balance patch, only a few contents will actually require someone to heal the party, mainly because of the leniency of potion recovery in this game which allows for over 50% max HP recovery every 20 seconds…

at that point it would be better if the other player that needs heal switches a healer in.
So far, I’ve never really had a problem with invested players in the same party if they actually knew what to do. If they mess up you maybe need to throw 1 Heal at one person every 2-5 minutes,
which is acceptable.

Since automatch is random, none is requiring you to heal unless you bring a pure support build that cannot kill any monster. As long as you can kill, people automatching are accountable for their own survival, as they cannot expect a cleric in the party if they do not make a party beforehand and specifically ask for a healer.

This is also the standard for the game in general, usually people won’t ask you to heal unless they specifically requested a healer, and many people have sub-characters they switch in in case a heal is absolutely required for the content they want to tackle.

The main reason as to why it is the way it is now, is because clerics Heal value was decreased very harshly in return for lowered cooldown time, meaning in general you cannot expect big heals from a guy that’s running around just with basic Heal lvl 5 and a (probably) low amount of Spr/Healing stat.

Thank you very much. I meant chaplain not cleric my bad :slight_smile:

Chaplains Binatio attack speed buff stacks with monks Double Punch, but as I said earlier,that only applies to basic attacks. After the balance patch hits that multiplies the SFR of most attack skills, it will no longer be good to use basic attacks since spamming skills is several times stronger.

The problem of cleric is that most clerics have a bad Dex growth, so it is hard to reach a good attack speed without relying on Dex as a stat on equipment, which in turn will make it hard for you to stack other good stats like Spr, Con and Str/Int.

It is possible to partially negate the bad effects of a basic attack build by adding exorcist to it [it would be monk>chaplain>exorcist] so you still have the capability to kill with basic attacks while allowing to capitalize on both monks and exorcists attack skills [+ you have access to Capella via chaplain, which boosts the damage of exorcist and monks Energy Blast].

thank you, you’ve given me allot to think about