Tree of Savior Forum

New player build help

Hello, as the title suggests I am a new player in need of help coming up with a build for my first character. Given my name it should come as no surprise I intend to main an Alchemist. However, looking around I seem to be hitting a bit of a wall.

From what I’ve gathered, people seem to think Alchemist isn’t that great of a job, and I seem to be having trouble finding recipes for Magnum Opus. Or a list of potions that can be made with Tincturing.

Since I’m new I’ve only been going off what I could find in youtube videos and on the forums. Though I’m not if any of the builds would be good as a “Main” character. I have taken a bit of a liking to Onmyoji, the fire fox seems kind of cute. And while I do like the idea of Rune Caster, from what I’ve read it’s pretty weak, so probably not a good idea to combo something like that with a class that already has trouble dealing damage. So yea could use some help here.

After that I do have a couple of questions:
What exactly does Dig do? I get what it says about getting items, and increased rank getting you more items. But from the builds I have seen, most people don’t take it. Why? Aren’t there items you can only get with it? If not, what is even the point of it?
Why do I never see anyone taking the Alchemist damage Skills? Are they just not good? I figured I’d see at least one person trying to use them, which is why I’m asking I don’t plan on giving up my crafting skills, or Sprinkle HP/SP for it, but I’d still like to know.

Generally people use alchemist as a potion maker or to set up shops to earn some money. Therefore most people won’t use it as a main. HOWEVER, since the re: build, the alchemist is given sprinkle HP and SP that makes them function like a semi-cleric who can also recover SP.

In my opnion, having an alchem in your build is fine. If you wanna be more of a support-oriented wizard, I’d suggest alchem-cryo-psycho (crowd control build) or alchem-chrono-sage (support build). You can also just use 2 powerful dps classes to make a semi-dps build that can heal (I recommend pyro-elem-alchem).

I think back then people combo Dig with a Combustion, but I’m not sure if combustion changed in re: build.

I assume since you want your main to be alchemist, you are not using it to earn money right? So as long as you max sprinkle HP/SP, tincturing, you should have some spare points for the Alchemistic missile and Combustion. Any other skills don’t affect PvE if I remember correctly.

Aren’t the skills Item Awakening and Gem Roasting important come end game? I understand Gem Roasting can be done by other Alchemists in town, so that probably wouldn’t be that important, at best a money saver.

Edit: Looking into it. Seems I’m not gonna be able to rely on Combustion. Seems Combustion tends to destroy the items dropped by mobs as well… When they drop… Including boss drops. That’s just too risky for me.

Awakening and gem roasting are important, yes. They will not do anything when fighting monsters though, so it is up to you what you wanna do with your alchemist. If you wanna use it to mainly earn money by setting up shops in town, then by all means max awakening and gem roasting.